Describe The War of the Abridged Series Creators
here, in all its horror.
It all started so innocently. Dan Green
, along with fellow voice actor Vic Mignogna
, tried to throw a 2nd Anniversary Spectacularmathon
for Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series
, and Lanipator
of Yu Yu Hakusho Abridged
hung up on Dan, completely ruining the whole show (when it was only mostly
ruined by then). In a fit of animosity, Dan Green called in a few favors, having a (sort of) friend (Johnny Yong Bosch
) down vote Lanipator's videos. But he accidentally down voted hbi2k
It might have stopped there, but in a fit of blind rage (or just totally random rage
), hbi attacked any other Abridged Series
creator in his path. Soon the entire community seemed to be engulfed. Abridgers were accusing other abridgers of starting this war for their own purposes. Some even claimed to be the Overlord of abridgers
(including a Gundam
plushie). By the time it was over, Guts and Griffith
were taken out by a Tonberry
lawn was vandalized, and Lanipator terrified everyone with his Cosplaying
It was a harrowing experience that the YouTube
community will never forget.
Videos can be found by searching You Tube for "abridged war", but the key videos can be found at PRPDproduction's
, and hbi2k's
There was a resurgence in 2009 when seemed that
Dan Green LittleKuriboh
learned nothing from the Great War, and has brazenly launched an assault
on the other abridged series creators. The death toll is currently unknown, but none were spared from his attack. Lanipator
has launched a retaliatory strikenote
, but the damage has already been donenote
. And now, it looks like Vegeta3986
is attempting some damage control.
This war provided examples of:
- Author Avatar: All the plushies.
- Cooking Duel or Mundane Made Awesome
- Cosplay: Lanipator, Toku Tenshi, and a few others.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Griffith thinks his Moral Event Horizon act is "a perfectly legitimate response to people who insult you on the internet, or people who talk during the movies, or employees who quit without giving two weeks notice."
- Everything's Better with Plushies: about half the series used plushies in some form.
- TokuTenshi Couldn't find a Momoko plushie, so she had to improvise.
- Memetic Badass: Rex Griswold for Overlord.
- Rage Against the Author: During a reponse to an intial attack on Tsubasa the Abridged Chronicles ChibiTotalObelisk was killed by one of his own characters!
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Kaiser Neko.
- Running Gag: "Lanipwned", "Yamipwned", "Gutsowned", "Griffowned", "Uber Pwnage", "Tonberryowned", "RayeOwned", "ROwned", "Momopowned", "Dragon Roost Studio-wned", "Team Dattebayo-wned".
- Serious Business: The fans who thought this was real and down voted the supposed enemies of their favorite abridgers.
- Special Guest: The Spectacularamathon had Vic Mignogna and Johnny Yong Bosch, both in the form of Ed and Vash plushies, and also Vic as himself in a recent convention video, getting laughs out of watching the video.
- Silence, You Fool!: The Abridged Overlord, in spades.
- Take That: Sailor Moon Abridged used Raye for this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knOhYqmbBOM
- What the Hell, Hero?: Hiei got this after he attacked the wrong series creator.