♪I'll always be, checking up on you ♪
Laina is a YouTube
parody singer and blogger, best known for her persona as the Overly Attached Girlfriend
. She first gained prominence with her parody of Justin Bieber
's song Boyfriend
, where she rewrote to the lyrics to be about a psycho girlfriend who obsessively hunts her "boyfriend". Her fame skyrocketed, and she continues to make parodies to other Bieber songs, Taylor Swift
songs, and raise awareness for her local charity camp. Visit her channel here
, and her Twitter here.
Provides examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: The degree of "abhorrent" varies. Sometimes she seems like a living nightmare, other times it seems like she might actually be fun to be around if she just weren't so darn persistent.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Your computer wants you to love her again...
- Ascended Meme: Her "Girlfriend" video was for a "Write Your Own Lyrics!" Justin Bieber contest. Although she didn't win, Bieber featured her in the video showing the winners and even imitated her Nightmare Face.
- Author Appeal: KIA Souls are her favorite car. And her enthusiasm paid off!
- Book Ends: Her video where she actually got her own KIA was intercut with her old rap video submission for one.
- Cassandra Truth: Few seem to actually believe Laina when she insists her last name isn't Walker. It's actually ACK, GURGLE, BLEH- *is strangled. A giggling girl runs away.*
- Casual Danger Dialogue: From her Twitter: "So I just cut my finger open... Thought I should take a picture instead of fix the problem."
- Comically Missing the Point: Her relationship advice. For instance, one viewer asks for help because his stalking attempts have gone awry and he wants to attract his crush. Laina concludes that he needs to be better at stalking.
- Cute But Psycho
- Law of Inverse Fertility: She wants kids. But no sane boyfriend of hers is willing to give any.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Needed a few more zeros.
- Misaimed Fandom: There are a surprisingly large amount of boys in her fandom who actually would want her to stalk them obsessively. It's the Internet.
- Memetic Mutation: Gained her fame from one. Her song Girlfriend spawned a large load of image macros, the biggest being the Overly Attached Girlfriend.
- Murder Is the Best Solution: Her modus operandi.
- One of Us: Both a Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift fan, yet willing to poke fun at both of them. Also loves Abraham Lincoln.
- Nightmare Face: YES.
- Promoted Fanboy: Made a commercial for Samsung as the Overly Attached Computer.
- A successful fan petition managed to get her beloved Soul!*
- Roses are Red, Violets are Blue: For Valentine's Day.
- Satellite Love Interest: Her only concerns are her boyfriends, what he's up to, where he lives, getting his children...
- Slasher Smile: *shudders*
- Stalker with a Crush: What she pretends to act like.
- Stalking Is Funny If It Is Female After Male: Or creepy. Reeeeaally creepy.
- Subverted Rhyme Every Occasion: "Blood is red, bruises are blue, don't say no."
- Tranquil Fury: In her CRJ Fanvideo, she is not happy to hear her "boyfriend" is dating another girl.
- When She Smiles: No, not her scary smile. As in her real smile. Check it out in her out-of-character videos or the thumbnail image for her first Q&A.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She does not like rollercoasters.
- Yandere: You think?!