♪I'll always be, checking up on you ♪
Laina is a YouTube
parody singer and blogger, best known for her persona as the Overly Attached Girlfriend
. She first gained prominence with her parody of Justin Bieber
's song Boyfriend
, where she rewrote to the lyrics to be about a psycho girlfriend who obsessively hunts her "boyfriend". Her fame skyrocketed, and she continues to make parodies to other Bieber songs, Taylor Swift
songs, and raise awareness for her local charity camp. Visit her channel here
, her facebook here, her instagram here,
and her Twitter here.
Provides examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: The degree of "abhorrent" varies. Sometimes she seems like a living nightmare, other times it seems like she might actually be fun to be around if she just weren't so darn persistent.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Your computer wants you to love her again...
- Ascended Meme: Her "Girlfriend" video was for a "Write Your Own Lyrics!" Justin Bieber contest. Although she didn't win, Bieber featured her in the video showing the winners and even imitated her Nightmare Face.
- Author Appeal: Kia Souls are her favorite car. And her enthusiasm paid off!
- Book Ends: Her video where she actually got her own KIA was intercut with her old rap video submission for one.
- Cassandra Truth: Few seem to actually believe Laina when she insists her last name isn't Walker. It's actually Morris.
- Casual Danger Dialogue: From her Twitter: "So I just cut my finger open... Thought I should take a picture instead of fix the problem."
- Comically Missing the Point: Her relationship advice. For instance, one viewer asks for help because his stalking attempts have gone awry and he wants to attract his crush. Laina concludes that he needs to be better at stalking.
- Cute But Psycho
- Everyone Has Standards: She's pretty much planning herself ahead for any guy to be her future husband, except for Bad Luck Brian.
- Jump Scare: Her Easter scaring—I meant staring—contest video has a damn good one near the end.
- Law of Inverse Fertility: She wants kids. But no sane boyfriend of hers is willing to give any.
- Lethal Chef: She tries to attract boys from making sandwiches. However, she's got quite an odd idea of what a sandwich should include, such as butter.
- Man, I Feel Like a Woman : Inverted in a crossover vid where she gets accidentally transferred into her "boyfriend"'s body. She's thrilled to realize this means he can never escape her, and begins hugging herself.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Despite the music videos and the memes, Laina often goes to huge lengths to prove that she's actually a nice person in real life.
- Murder Is the Best Solution / If I Can't Have You: Her modus operandi.
- Nightmare Face: YES.
- No Sense of Personal Space: The majority of OAG jokes runs on this.
- One of Us: Both a Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift fan, yet willing to poke fun at both of them. Also loves Abraham Lincoln.
- Promoted Fangirl: Made a commercial for Samsung as the Overly Attached Computer.
- A successful fan petition managed to get her beloved Soul!note
- Roses are Red, Violets are Blue: For Valentine's Day.
- Running Gag: Laina is required to wear a single colored shirt, and must apologize to the viewer if she forget it.
- Satellite Love Interest: Her only concerns are her boyfriends, what he's up to, where he lives, getting his children...
- Slasher Smile: *shudders*
- Stalker with a Crush: What she pretends to act like.
- Stalking Is Funny If It Is Female After Male: Or creepy. Reeeeaally creepy.
- Subverted Rhyme Every Occasion: "Blood is red, bruises are blue, don't say no." On the other hand, the meter doesn't fit, so there may be an unspoken "or I'll hurt you."
- Tranquil Fury: In her CRJ Fanvideo, she is not happy to hear her "boyfriend" is dating another girl.
- When She Smiles: No, not her scary smile. As in her real smile. Check it out in her out-of-character videos or the thumbnail image for her first Q&A.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She does not like rollercoasters.
- Yandere: You think?!