We are all dying waiting for you to get here.DreadOut
is an upcoming survival horror
game from an Indonesian indie developer called Digital Happiness. When a group of high school student went astray from their vacation trip, they discovered an old deserted town. Soon they realized that something sinister was about to happen when they entered the town. Linda as the main protagonist, soon realized that something different / mystical is happening to her. She suddenly have a spiritual power that maybe can save her and their friends from the unknown.
The gameplay is based on taking pictures of the ghostly enemies to fight them, much like the Fatal Frame series
. However, the gadgets used are modern inventions such as smartphones, digital cameras, and digital video cameras instead of a vintage invention. Furthermore, the game is based on Indonesian folklore ghosts and takes place in a rural Indonesian town. As usual for the genre, the game will contain exploration and puzzle-solving.
Currently, a playable demo
is out and the project was successfully funded on IndieGogo
This game provides examples of:
- Adaptational Badass: In Indonesian myth, pocong is usually depicted with their hands and legs tied, leaving them more-or-less incapable of physical assault and making hopping their only way to move. In the game...not so much.
- All Just a Dream: The demo. Most likely also a case of Psychic Dreams for Everyone
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: One of the rewards for funders.
- Body Horror: Palasik is a floating head followed by internal organs. However, averted by the ghosts in the demo so far.
- Catapult Nightmare: Borderline case towards the ending of the demo.
- Creepy Doll: In one of the rooms in the demo you can find a dirty teddy-bear-ish doll hung by a noose, with a fallen chair under it.
- Electronic Speech Impediment: we'RE all DYING...we'RE all DYING...we'RE all DYING.
- Failure Is the Only Option: In the demo.
- First Person Snapshooter: The main feature of the gameplay.
- Girly Run
- Haunted House: Or rather, haunted village.
- Improbable Weapon User: And how. As far as we know, the phone used by Linda is a normal smartphone.
- Large Ham: Linda's 'friend' you encounter in the demo.
- Magical Camera: The camera application of the smartphone is somehow able to deal damage to spirits by taking their picture.
- Meaningful Name: IrisPhone. Iris is responsible for controlling the size of the pupil to control the amount of light received by the eye.
- Nightmare Face: And how.
- School Uniforms are the New Black: The characters we've seen so far are wearing their school uniforms...during their vacation trip.
- Shout-Out: In the demo you can find a girl just standing there facing the wall...
- Stringy-Haired Ghost Girl: Naturally.
- What Could Have Been: According to the first Dev Diary video, the game has been through many changes in gameplay, including: 3rd person RPG horror, 3rd person action horror, FPS survival horror, casual puzzle horror, sci-fi horror, casual horror, and the current iteration.
- Woman in White: Kuntilanak enemies. Based on the illustration on the IndieGogo page, matianak will also be like this.