When inanimate objects dances about, often to the beat or rhythm of the music.
How much stuff dances can vary. Sometimes only small objects, such as furniture, bushes, trees, or street lights, dance. But then there are other times when larger objects such as buildings dance. And then there are rare examples of everything, including the very ground itself
, moves and dances, often up and down.
Subtrope of Animate Inanimate Object
. Compare Music Soothes The Savage Beast
open/close all folders
- Aired in the UK, this advert for Radio 1's Big Weekend in Preston 2007 has a miniture model of a park where the concerts are taking place. Then the whole thing literally starts bouncing up and down to the music, making the miniture figures of the people bounce. Now imagine that happening in real life...
- This old Fiat Grande Punto advert from 2007, also aired in the UK, had a colourful city where every building bounces up and down to the music like bars on a equaliser. We even get to see what happens to the people inside two of them.
- "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast features dancing plates and candles. Justified as they where part of the castle staff who was turned into household objects as part of the Beast's curse.
- At the end of the "Baia" sequence in The Three Caballeros, the entire city, even the moon as well, is bouncing to the music.
- In Who Framed Roger Rabbit, When Eddie Valiant enters Toontown, all the trees are singing and dancing to "Smile, Darn Ya, Smile", as well as the sun itself.
- In Knick Knack, the various knickknacks alongside the "Sunny Miami" girl are dancing.
- In Shrek 2, the Fairy Godmother brings Fiona's furniture to life and makes them dance in her musical number.
- Super Mario Bros. 3 has dancing hills on the World 1 map.
- In the New Super Mario Bros. games, all enemies do some sort of action whenever the "bah!" noise plays. While some are harmless like Dry Bones' heads spinning around, some can be beneficial (Pokeys temporarily turn into oranges, which Yoshis can then eat all at once) and some can really mess up your timing (Goombas hop, Koopas pause their walk).
- In Audiosurf, the road the player is traveling down sometimes bumps and bounces to the beat. This varies depending on the song the player is playing, though; plenty of songs produce a relatively smooth track. Background elements such as towers pulse, spin, and change color.
- Pointed out in one of the loading screen tips: "Your ship is having fun too. Have you noticed that your ship changes color and pulses according to the music?"
- Samba De Amigo has dancing backgrounds depending on how well the player is doing.
- Def Jam: Icon also varies depending on the stage and how intense the fighting is.
- In Mega Man 8 Bit Deathmatch, there's a Game Mod called "Chaos Generator" that provides three crazy effects randomly chosen during a match. One effect, appropriately called "Jelly World", causes every floor in the level to sway up and down.
- Rock Band Blitz, if the recent trailers are to be belived, will feature buildings in the background that bump to the music.