"No Yu? The Chinese comedian?"
Describe No You here.
Your face is describing No You here!
The act of replying to an insult by simply saying "No, you
!" or something similar, meaning that said insult applied more to the person giving it than the person receiving it.
Omnipresent in schools, especially middle to high schools.
- "I know you are, but what am I?"
- "It takes one to know one!"
- The childhood classic, "I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you!"
- "You are the one who is X!" and its variant, "It is you who is X!"
- "Your Mom/Your face/Your ass is X!"
- The "adult" equivalent: "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."
A common gag is for someone to make a Your Mom
joke to their own sibling
and get this response, only for them to both notice the irony a moment later. A slightly sharper sibling might just retort "she's your mom too!" in the first place.
Sometimes this is used as a Pre Ass Kicking One Liner
or a Shut Up, Hannibal!
. See also You! Exclamation
, Lame Comeback
, Big Stupid Doodoo Head
, I Will Show You X
, Argument of Contradictions
and Verb This!
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- In My Little Unicorn, after Ace Ray complains about Rhymey's rhyming, Rhymey protests that his rhyming is perfectly natural, capping it off with this couplet.
"There is nothing wrong with what I do.
But I would say something is wrong with you."
- In Boys Und Sensha-do, after Shiho Nishizumi, having officially disowned Miho, starts denouncing Miho as a disgrace, only for Akio to use this as a lead-in to a "The Reason You Suck" Speech.
Shiho: Miho isn't a Nishizumi, she doesn't act as one and is a disgrace to the family name— (Akio barges in)
Akio: The only one here that's a disgrace here is you, Nishizumi.
- In Frozen Hearts, Prince Harald, on the losing side of a debate involving his brothers, complains about the majority's decision.
Harald: If our kingdom falls... it will be due to all of you. Remember that.
Heins: No, if our kingdom falls, it will be due to you, Harald!
- In Necessary To Win, this happens in the argument over whether Miho should join the tankery team. Yuzu's less than comfortable about Anzu trying to pressgang Miho into joining, but knows Anzu won't back down, and so tries to defuse the situation. Saori, however, assumes Yuzu thinks Anzu's behavior is acceptable, and protests; Saori's use of this trope is proof that the argument is devolving into a shouting match.
Yuzu: I...I think it might be best for you to apologize, right?
Saori: No, you need to apologize!
- In Soulless Shell, after Leif tricks Arnold into confessing to rape and sentences him to death,.
you Leif I hope you burn in hell. Leif:
Oh no Arnold that's where your going.
- Better Living Through Science And Ponies:
- In the bonus chapter, GLaDOS does not take it well when Celestia hints that she is fat:
GLaDOS: I AM NOT FAT! You are fat! You are disgustingly fat! You're so fat that when you jump into an ocean whales think 'look at that huge fat thing. It must be another whale'. You're the fat one!
- Similarly, after Celestia suggests that "Gladys" might be malfunctioning:
GLaDOS: I am not malfunctioning. You're malfunctioning. I'm the only one here who's not malfunctioning, which is sad, because it's sad to see a freakish fat tyrant like you malfunction so egregiously.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series:
Marik: Hey, shut up [Melvin], you don't know anything about me!
Bakura: Marik, he IS you.
Marik: He is the gay one!
Bakura: Marik, HE'S YOU!
Marik: ...He is the gay one!
- And another example:
Are you ready to lose to Johnny Steps
? Tea: You
are the one who is going to lose! Johnny:
You're going to be so embarrassed, you'll wish you never stepped on my stage! Tea: You
are the one who is going to be embarrassed!
- And yet another example, from "Marik Plays Bloodlines":
Marik: Oh, hey, it's one of those things, ah, what do you call them... something-waiter...uh,
Marik: You're dumb!
Bakura: No, the word for it is dumb!
Marik: The word for YOU is dumb!
Bakura: No, no, Marik! The thing you are in right now is called a dumb-waiter!
Marik: You're the dumb waiter!
- Ultra Fast Pony combines this with Prince Blueblood's Shatner-esque speech patterns, to odd effect.
Blueblood: I believe that goes against... several, safety regulations!
Rarity: Shut up.
Blueblood: No! ... You!
- During their first battle in Vaguely Recalling JoJo, Hol Horse calls Polnareff an unflattering nickname, and then Polnareff calls Horse a variation of that nickname.
- Common in YouTube Poop. For example, in "Friendship is Magnets".
Fluttershy! You have a wonderful talent dealing with all sorts of animals! Fluttershy:
No you. Rainbow Dash:
Oh come on! We've seen you walk right up to a whore
like it was nothing! Fluttershy:
- When Misato and Shinji are having a heated conversation in Ev Abridged 2.0:
Shinji: Well at least I don't have a drinking problem.
Misato: Your face has a drinking problem!
Shinji: Misato, you're drunk.
Misato: Your face is drunk!
Shinji: You're an ignoramus!
Misato: Your face is an anus!
Films — Animation
Films — Live-Action
- Used in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back: "YOU are the ones who are the ball-lickers!"
- In In Bruges, Harry's wife stops him as he's smashing the phone in frustration. "It's an inanimate fucking object!" "YOU'RE an inanimate fucking object!"
- Star Wars:
- Pee-wee's Big Adventure: "I know you are, but what am I?!"
- Sherlock Holmes: "You wear a jacket."
- Kíli in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey shows the emotional range of a seven-year-old when he and the other dwarves mistake Bilbo's claims that the dwarves had parasites to buy them time from being eaten by trolls as Bilbo betraying them.
Kíli: We don't have parasites! You have parasites!
- Wrongfully Accused "No,YOU are the pee pee head"
- Commando "Fuck you, asshole." (Click!) "Fuck you, asshole!" (Smack!)
- Tommy Boy "YOUR brain has a thick candy shell"
- Grandma's Boy
Alex: You've been spending our rent money on Filipino hookers?
Josh: They're not hookers, they're massage therapists.
Mover #2: Yeah, they'll massage your cock for money.
Mover #1: There is a word for that... I think it's hooker!
Josh: You're a hooker!
- During the argument in the restaurant between Tony and Elvira in Scarface (1983), Tony flatly accuses her of being stoned. She says "I'm not stoned, you're stoned."
- Golden Eye:
Why can't you just be a good boy and die? James Bond:
- The climactic scene from ...And Justice for All:
Judge Rayford: Mr. Kirkland you are out of order!
Arthur Kirkland: YOU'RE out of order! You're out of order! The whole trial is out of order!
- The Court Jester:
King Roderick: If it pleases me, you shall marry Griswold.
Gwendolyne: If it pleases you so much, Father, you marry Griswold!
- In Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, Mc Coy tells Admiral Cartwright to "Arrest yourself!" after the Admiral tells someone to arrest the Enterprise crew when they crash the Khitomer Conference. Then, Spock shows him Valeris, revealing that he's now busted for trying to ruin the conference.
- Whilst in Africa for an epic road trip, the Top Gear boys put on some local clothing to protect themselves from the dust, and mockery ensues:
May: (to Hammond) You look like a gay cowboy and (to Clarkson) you look like a gay terrorist.
Clarkson: No, you look like a terrorist. With a broken windscreen wiper. And your face is ridiculous.
- Comes up now and then on How I Met Your Mother, usually just to dismiss someone rather than in response to an actual insult: "You're a 'big sustainable growth'!" (in response to Marshall claiming the gang will start liking all his charts again) or "You're a 'tropical depression'!" (in response to Ted trying to get the gang to take the hurricane warning seriously)
- One of the reasons Matt from Primeval is often viewed as The Scrappy is because his comebacks and self-justifications when challenged are always kinda lame. This culminated in the following exchange between Matt and Designated Villain Philip.
Philip: Look around you, Matt. The world didn't end. You were wrong.
Matt: You were wrong. You.
- Burn Notice: Quoth Michael Westen, to a criminal he just went up to yelling and pretending to be the boss of the dirty cops the guy has on the payroll, upon being asked whether "he's crazy or something?": "No, you're the one who's crazy. You're the one standing around, after letting your truck get stolen from your parking lot. You know, the one with the ecstasy lab inside?"
- In one episode of The Suite Life on Deck, Woody gets addicted to a simulation game called Better Life(presumably a spoof of Second Life).
Woody: I was about to go down to Zack's Better Life arcade. I'm going for the highest score in virtual virtual bowling!
Cody: Don't tell me you're into that stupid fake world too.
Woody: You're stupid!!
- In an episode of That '70s Show, the boys travel across the Canadian border to buy beer but are stopped by Mounties on their way back when Fez is suspected of being an illegal immigrant, and they are each individually questioned. Leo responds to his entire interrogation with this trope:
Officer: Alright, what's your business in Canada?
Leo: (scoffs) What's your business in Canada?
- In The Aquabats! Super Show! episode "ManAnt!", we have this exchange:
- In Game of Thrones "The Lion and The Rose", Jaime tells Ser Loras that Cersei will likely murder him after their marriage. Ser Loras retorts with an epic burn.
Luckily for you, none of this will happen, because you'll never marry her. Loras:
) And neither will you
. (pats Jaime on the arm
- Parks and Recreation's Leslie Knope occasionally retorts with this when she's annoyed or upset.
- "The Dumb Song" by Psychostick "Hey Murph, yer dumb!" "No yer dumb!" "No yer dumb!"...
- The parody song "Metal By Numbers" has a dad and son arguing in the video, with the line "You're the news!".
- In King's Quest: Mask of Eternity, Connor's standard reply to death threats is along these lines: "Not I, YOU!". He does not excel at combat banter.
- Neverwinter Nights 2: ''Mask of the Betrayer" has a long "No, YOU don't make sense" conversation. You can actually win with enough persistence.
- Resident Evil 4: It should be noted that on certain Image Boards, the lameness of this comeback has undergone such a Memetic Mutation that it is in fact now a grievous insult.
Saddler: Perhaps you are disillusioned with overconfidence just because you killed my small-time subordinate?
Leon: Saddler... you're small-time.
- Shadow Hearts 2: Considering who's talking, this may also cross over with Russian Reversal.
Rasputin: No,you will bite ME.
- In The Secret Of Monkey Island, you can use one of these in the insult fighting contests. Obviously, it doesn't work.
- This prime example from Last Alert:
This river's gonna turn red with your blood! Guy: How interesting...
but it's going to be your
blood, not mine!
- Sonic Adventure 2 Faker? I think YOU'RE the fake hedgehog around here!
- This conversation in the Splatterhouse remake.
Rick: Yeah? Well fuck you.
Dr. West: No, Rick. Fuck you.
- In The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, when Link and Zelda finally fight Byrne:
] resurrection will soon be complete... And I can't let you cause any more harm. Zelda:
Hey, that's what we were going to say! Well... Maybe WE won't let YOU cause any more harm!
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood:
(In a Joisey accent
) Hey wassa-matta-you, Altaďr? Rebecca:
That's racist. Desmond: YOU'RE racist!note
- Final Fantasy XIII:
Snow: Lightning, STOP IT!
Lightning: No, YOU stop it! Get out of my house!
(and later on)
Eden soldier: You're dead!
Lightning: You first! (hijacks and throws soldier off his bike)
- Mass Effect 2:
Shepard: You need help.
Niftu Cal: YOU need help! You stand before the mightiest biotic ever!
- Pogo and Zaki do this at each other in Live A Live. The fun part? Pogo's chapter takes place before the development of spoken language.
- Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner:
Ship Commander: Jehuty...? Well, this is an unexpected quarry.
Dingo: You're the quarry, you jerk!
- Captain America and the Avengers:
Avengers: You can't escape!
Whirlwind: YOU will be the one escaping!
- In the Borderlands 2 DLC Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, when Tina summons an aristocrat to reference Mordecai's favorite show, Brick (a fan of a different series) is less than impressed.
Brick: Oh my god, this show sounds STUPID.
Mordecai: YOU'RE STUPID!
- In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the normally fairly quick tongued Carl Johnson comes off looking brilliant when he first meets Cesar and some of his friends.
Azteca: I think he thinks he's gangsta, and he should fuck off.
Carl: No, you fuck off.
- In the original version of You Don't Know Jack, if a contestant typed in Fuck you as an answer to the Gibberish Question, the host would chide the contestant for entering that answer with "Fuck me? No - Fuck YOU!
- Fire Emblem Awakening:
- Spec Ops: The Line has a very dark version during the end confrontation with the Big Bad.
Walker: You did this.
Conrad: No. You did. Your orders killed forty-seven innocent people. Someone has to pay for your crimes, Walker. Who is it going to be?
- In World of Warcraft, in the Brawler's Guild, after a brawl, sometimes an Angry Brawl Enthusiast who lost a bet will say "I LOSE? NO, YOU LOSE!" before attacking any players nearby.
- Homestar Runner: When Strong Bad is asked to write a book about come-back jokes: "More Like You Write A Book About Come-back Jokes, NERD!!"
- Used by Master Chief in multiple occasions in Arby 'n' the Chief,
- Red vs. Blue
Wash: You have to be the most immature soldiers I've ever met!
Griff: Your face is immature.
- In Jiz, Jiz and Rio are having an argument about letting the abortion-happy Jiz carry one to term.
Jiz: Look, why're you being a douche right now?
Rio: You're the fucking douche, you fucking whore cunt!
- In Super Freakin' Parody Rangers, when Zordon is trying to sleep and Alpha is trying to warn him of an emergency.
Alpha: Someone stole the shiny green belt!
Zordon: You're a shiny green belt! Shut up!
- Black Mage in 8-Bit Theater often resorts to these when insulted, such as here:
Black Mage: What did you think I meant every time I said I was going to burn the world?
Red Mage: Who cares?
Thief: Yeah, you're a weiner. You couldn't burn a match.
Black Mage: Yeah, well... Your face... is ugly... Shut up!
- Darths & Droids, Episode 357:
Poggle the Lesser: You are sentenced to death by firing squad.
Padmé: No, you're sentenced to death by firing squad!
Poggle the Lesser: No, actually you are.
Padmé: The defence rests.
- City Face uses it completely nonsensically:
Bobeyes: OGEE! That was! Mine! You! What! Why?! OGEE!
City Face: Look, there is plenty left, strange shouty magpie, you can have some it is really quite good!
Bobeyes: No! You!
- Seen in JL8, not too surprisingly since it's the Justice League in kindergarten...
Marbles are BORING. Hal:
YOU'RE boring! Karen:
- A very, very long version takes place in Ben and Ryan's translation of a rap battle.
- From the creators of Marble Hornets, one of the scariest Slender Man stories of all time... comes Joseph Touches A Grapefruit:
Troy: Grapefruits are bullshit!
Joseph: YOU'RE BULLSHIT!
- Code MENT:
Deithard: "Oh, it's you two idiots. What do you want?"
Jeremiah: "You're the idiot." I am so good at come backs.
- In Team Four Star's Halo: Reach Let's Play, they discuss the concept of Space Europe which is shot down with "it's a massive land", to which KaiserNeko responds: "No, you're a massive land."
- This is how the 2ch Shift-JIS cat Mona came to be. One poster created a word art image of a cat saying "You people have too much free time." Another poster copied the image and changed the phrase to "So do you!" (Japanese: "Omae mo naa!" hence the name) and things kinda snowballed from there.
Mugger: You're gettin' mugged, kid!
Guy: No, you're getting mugged.
Mugger: AAH! HOW THE HELL DOES THAT EVEN WORK?
- Avatar: The Last Airbender:
- Happens in "Nightmares and Daydreams"
Ozai: How do you expect to beat me when you don't have any pants!
Aang: No, Fire Lord Ozai, you don't have any pants!
Ozai:' What?! (looks down) NOOOOO! MY ROYAL PARTS ARE SHOWING! AAAAAAAAARGH!
- From the Show Within a Show during "The Ember Island Player":
"No! It is YOU who are going down!!"
- Azula, does this when Mai betrays her. This is a rare, terrifying example.
Mai: You miscalculated. I love Zuko more than I fear you.
Azula: No, YOU miscalculated! You should have feared me more!
- From "The Puppetmaster":
Sokka: We know what you've been doing, Hama!
Aang: Give up! You're outnumbered.
Hama: No, you've outnumbered yourselves.
- And from Sequel Series The Legend of Korra:
- A favorite of Beezy J. Heinous on Jimmy Two-Shoes, even when it has nothing to do with what's being said.
- Clerks: The Animated Series
- Used by Randal, when he and Dante were on a Quik Stop exchange program in England.
I'll take a pack of fags. Randal: You're
a fag! Brit:
It's a cigarette, mate. Randal:
I'm not your mate, fag! Dante:
No, Randal; "fag" means "cigarette." Randal: You're
- Also used in the first episode:
...a question being asked by the poorly educated, with fingers far from the pulse of the community. Randal: You're
poorly educated! Dante: You're talking to the television.
- South Park has done this at least twice:
- Towelie, whenever he's stoned (which is most of the time) and someone points out the fact that he is a towel. Every episode he appears in has one of these exchanges:
Towelie: Don't call me stupid! You're stupid!
Someone: Oh yeah? Well, you're a towel.
Towelie: You're a towel!
- Steven McTowelie is on "Larry King Live" promoting his book "A Million Little Fibers", when the program is interrupted by a special report from Geraldo Rivera:
Larry, this brave reporter has spent days investigating and researching and I have come up with a shocking discovery that is going to rock the balls and ass of the literary world... Steven McTowelie
, author of "A Million Little Fibers"... is a towel
! Towelie: You're
a towel. Geraldo:
a towel. Towelie:
Well you're a beaner
What did you say?! Towelie:
Sorry, I'm high.
- Or earlier in the same episode, when attempting to get "A Million Little Fibers" published:
Publisher: I'm sorry to tell you this, sir, but nobody's ever going to publish your memoirs.
Towelie: Huh? Why not?
Publisher: Well, just the small trivial fact that... people aren't interested in autobiographies of towels.
Towelie: Well yeah, but, maybe people will read my memoirs and like, apply its lessons to their own lives.
Publisher: No. They won't. Because they're people. And you're a towel.
Towelie: (mumbling under breath) You're a towel...
Publisher: No. I'm a big book publisher who's not the least bit interested in your stony memoirs. You're a towel.
- Episode 808, "Douche and Turd":
Giant Douche: ...look at my opponent. He is a turd sandwich.
Turd Sandwich: You're a turd sandwich.
- Episode 708, "South Park is Gay"
Craig: HA! Told you you guys were straight!
Cartman: We're not straight! You're straight!
Jason, Craig, Tweek, Token: You're straight!
Cartman: You're straight like a freeway!
Mr. Garrison: What the hell is going on??
Cartman: You wish you were gay, Craig! In your dreams!!
Craig: I'm not just gay, I'm a catamite.
Cartman: ...So? I'm half bisexual!
Mr. Garrison: Oh, stop it!! You kids don't even know what you're talking about!! Eric, you're not half-bi!!
Cartman: I'm like, a quarter-bi. My grandpa was bi, so that makes me quarter-bi.
Mr. Garrison: WHAT??
- Episode 1302, "The Coon"
Maitre D: Got everything you need here, sir? Okay on beverages, buffet items?
Cartman: Yes, it's fine!
Maitre D: Great. Hey, I just want to say that the Airport Hilton really appreciates your continued business.
Cartman: What do you mean "continued"? You don't know who I am!
Maitre D: Aren't you that little boy who had his ginger pride rally and his AIDS benefit here, before?
Cartman: No, I'm not that kid!
Maitre D: Oh. Oh oh really? Oh my bad. I'm actually relieved. That kid was kind of a douchebag.
Cartman: YOU'RE A FUCKING DOUCHEBAG! GET OUTTA HERE!
- From The Simpsons:
- "You're a bread compartment!"
- "You're gay for Moleman." Of course, no one is gay for Moleman.
- "Lemon of Troy"
Bart: Hey! Stop talking bad about my town, man.
Shelby: Why don't you make me?
Bart: I don't make trash, I burn it.
Shelby: Then I guess you're a garbage man.
Bart: Well, I know you are, but what am I?
Shelby: A garbage man.
Bart: I know you are, but what am I?
Shelby: A garbage man.
Bart: I know you are, but what am I?
Shelby: A garbage man.
Bart: Takes one to know one!
- In "Screaming Yellow Honkers", when Bart is dancing around wearing a frozen chicken for pants:
- From "Springfield Up", when Bart and Lisa are riding dolphins.
Bart: Mine has a cup holder.
Lisa: Bart, that's a blowhole!
Bart: You're a blowhole!
- From "Bart the Mother", when the bird eggs Bart has been caring for turn out to be lizard eggs. Bart still insists that they're birds, so Lisa retorts:
Lisa: One, they don't have beaks. Two, they don't have feathers and three, they're lizards!
Bart: You're a lizard!
- In "Dial N for Nerder", Martin Prince finds a fake fossil Bart buried.
- From the Futurama episode "War Is the H Word" Zapp Brannigan is punishing Fry for cowardice in battle, so he asks Kif to name the most humiliating job possible. Kif, of course, replies "Being your assistant", to which Zapp immediately replies, "No, being your assistant!" Surprisingly for this trope, Zapp turns out to actually be onto something with that, as, while Kif isn't the amoral, imbecilic Man Child that Brannigan is, he does have a lot of pent-up anger and frustration, which he spends the rest of the episode unleashing on Fry.
- From Kim Possible:
- "Pain King vs. Cleopatra":
Wait, wait, wait! Wrestling is more than two guys beating on each other! It's also a war of words. Pain King:
You are going down! Steel Toe:
No, you're going down! Pain King:
No, you're going down! Steel Toe:
No, you're going down! Kim: Yeah, they're poets.
- A much more serious version appears at the climax of The Movie, when Kim has been pushed too far to bother with her usual banter with her nemesis:
- In Justice League's first season, the team finally manages to bring down Luthor once and for all by pulling a sting using the Martian Manhunter's shapeshifting abilities. After the ruse is revealed and the evidence has been gathered, Manhunter remarks "This is the end of an era," to which Luthor replies "The end of your era, maybe!" before attempting to kill them.
- Regular Show:
- When the two are pretending to be astronauts.
Moredecai: Dude, quit it, you're gonna break it!
Rigby: No, you're gonna break it!
- Later, an argument between the two ends up taking an unexpected direction.
Moredecai: You're a turd.
Rigby: No, you're the turd!
Mordecai: You're the turd!
Rigby: You're the turd!
Pops: Mordecai, Rigby, stop! We can all be turds!
Skips: I wish you guys wouldn't teach him words like that.
- In "Portable Toilet", when Mordecai and Rigby are trapped inside a portable toilet, Rigby's Claustrophobia kicks in:
We're gonna starve before they find us! Why did you eat the whole sandwich?! You should of saved some just in case! Mordecai:
Dude that makes no sense. Rigby: You
makes no sense! (pounds on the door and screams) Help, I'm trapped in here with a crazy person!
- Phineas and Ferb, the Fireside Girl Jamboree:
Candace: (trying to hack into the Fireside Girls website) You have exceeded your log-in attempts? No, you've exceeded YOUR log-in attempts!
- Infamously from the American Street Fighter cartoon.
Fei Long: Look at you! You've neglected your training, and turned against all of your friends!
Ken: And YOU! You're a loser!
- Done in Rugrats as well.
Howard: Betty a thief?! That's an absurd proposition!
Stu: YOU'RE AN ABSURD PROPOSITION!
- Done in the New Teen Titans short "Taped Before a Live Studio Audience".
- From the original pilot for Adventure Time:
- Featured in several Gravity Falls episodes:
- In "Fight Fighters":
Mabel: Grunkle Stan, why you ackin' so cray-cray?
Stan: You're the one who's ackin' cray-cray!
- In "Boss Mabel":
Grunkle Stan: You've got yourself a deal!
Mabel: No, you've got yourself a deal!
- In "Carpet Diem":
Mabel: The judge says it's out of bounds.
Dipper: No, you're out of bounds!
- From the Family Guy episode "Stewie Kills Lois" when Lois is mad at Peter for telling an inappropriate story during dinner at the captain's table:
- In an episode of The Powerpuff Girls, the girls confront school bully Mitch, who has flushed the class hamster down the toilet.
- In American Dad! Roger wants to walk around without a disguise, but Stan won't let him. Roger insists that there has to be a way for him to do it without blowing his cover.
Stan: Listen to me, Roger, it is never going to happen.
Roger: You're never going to happen!
- In Bob's Burgers episode "Art Crawl", Louise trades this back and forth with an old man for a few lines: "You smell like ointment and pee!"
- In Mike Tyson Mysteries, when the gang are trying to decide what mystery to solve:
- In the VeggieTales in the House episode, "Getting Angry," Larry claims his stinky cheese was in the running for World's Stinkiest Cheese, according to The Stinkological Institute:
Bob: That sounds made up.
Larry: You sound made up!
- In Freakazoid!, Freakazoid often calls Gutierrez a wienie. The villain always angrily replies, "I am not a wienie, you are a wienie!"
- Done hilariously by Boris Yeltsin. After a meeting with President Clinton, both stood outside to address the press. Yeltsin decided to answer previous press reports that the meeting was going to be a disaster. Yeltsin replied, "Well now for the first time I can tell you, that you're a disaster." Cue Clinton laughing like a hyena. note
- In a more serious case of it, in 2014, Republican Texas Governor Richard "Rick" Perry was indicted on charges of abuse of power and coercion of a public officer (read, indicted not convicted) by the Texas State Grand Jury, located in primarily-democratic Travis County. The next day, he issued his statement regarding the incident, in which he said "This indictment is the abuse of power here."