A hilariously campy series of martial arts films by Jackie Chan, in which he plays a mercenary tasked with the retrieval of ancient treasures. Basically a slapstick version of Indiana Jones. The movies are Armour of God, and its sequel, Armour of God 2: Operation Condor, would later released in the United States in reverse order with the second film released first as Operation Condor and the first film released last titled Operation Condor 2: The Armor of the Gods Direct-to-Video.
This film series provides examples of:
- Amazon Brigade: Used by the Big Bad in Armor of God
- Collapsing Lair: Happens at the end in both films.
- Combat Stilettos: Averted in Armor of God. One of the female assassins gets her heel stuck in a wooden catwalk. The next one up on the walkway removes her heels.
- Dragon with an Agenda: In Operation Condor, the Dragon betrays Adolf the minute he gets the gold.
- Heroic Sacrifice: In Operation Condor Adolf stays behind to enable the others to escape the exploding Nazi base
- Hongkong Geography: The action zooms from Graz to Vienna to Graz in consecutive scenes. And then there's plenty of California Doubling, of course.
- Love Triangle: In Armor of God, Jackie is Lorelei's ex and currently with Alan, although Alan worries she still has feelings for Jackie and Jackie is still bitter she chose Alan. Although they resolve it before the end of the first film.
- Modesty Towel: in Operation Condor, one of the ladies goes through an entire action sequence while wearing one of these, and loses it several times.
- Mass "Oh, Crap!": During an intense fight scene between Jackie and some Mooks, someone knocks over a giant bomb. Everyone freezes and stares as it rolls towards the wall...
- Nazi Gold: This is what everyone is after in Operation Condor.
- No MacGuffin, No Winner: The ending of both films has both the Armor of God and the Nazi Gold lost by both sides.
- Outrun the Fireball: Used in both films.
- Rare Vehicles: Perhaps the only film appearance of the BMW Z1, of which only 8000 were made, none of which were exported. Viewer's eyes still tend to pop when a beautiful woman drives up and the door slides down.
- Re Cut: The Miramax version of Armor of God cuts nine minutes, including extended versions of the Losers performance at the beginning and the slapstick scene of Alan hiding in May's room. The Dimension Films version of Operation Condor cuts fifteen minutes. Both films received entirely new scores for the dubs, which include some musical Anachronism Stew in Armor of God, where elements of drum and bass show up in a fight scene shot at least five years before that genre even got started.
- Religion of Evil: Practiced by the monks in the first Armor of God
- Self-Destruct Mechanism: The Nazi base is equipped with one. The buttons are bright read and clearly labelled in German. Unfortunately the girls don't read German...
- Those Two Guys: Amon and Tasza in Operation Condor.
- Worthless Yellow Rocks: The second-to-last gag of "Operation Condor" is Jackie and the girls being corralled by Those Two Bad Guys, the only survivors of the whole bunch, who having been left behind by the other bad guys are dying of thirst... so much that they toss away the sole remaining piece of Nazi Gold when the protagonists hand it over because what they want is water, dammit!