Gordon: No! He's attempting to modify Jennifer!
Prinny: Can she shoot missiles from her boobs now?For reasons usually related to Rule of Sexy or Rule of Funny, a woman's chest area is sometimes chosen as the source for some projectile. It could be anything from a weapon to a light show, just that it's not something that should come out of breasts (or usually even the human body). Named for a nickname kids in The Fifties and The Sixties gave the "Bullet Bra" (a brassiere whose cups had a distinct conical shape, designed to.. um.. 'bolster' a lady's look, whether she was wearing a sweater or a grand evening gown). A Sub-Trope of Chest Blaster. Compare Victoria's Secret Compartment. Contrast Breast Attack (when the breast is the target instead).
— Disgaea DS
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Gonna be the Twin-Tail!!: Tail Yellow fires missiles from her breasts at Tail Red and Twirl, while she is training to use the tailgear.
- Aphrodite A from Mazinger Z, which uses a breast missile attack (much to the annoyance of its pilot, Sayaka Yumi). This example is the Trope Codifier, referenced or parodied in many of the entries below. (And traumatizing and/or intriguing viewers on either side of the Pacific for decades.) Diana A from the same series and Venus A (from Great Mazinger) use the same attack. The Mazinger Angels spin-off manga gleefully Flanderizes this trope, using Aphrodite A and the other FemBots from the franchise and giving them an increasingly ridiculous array of weapons based on this trope.
- Mahoromatic parodies the above with a scene where Mahoro fires breast missiles from a missile launcher disguised as a padded bra.
- In Lupin III: Alcatraz Connection, Lupin disguises himself as a woman during the opening, and squeezes sleeping gas out of his breasts, knocking out the guards who were trying to chase him.
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: in Lagann-hen, the Tengen Toppa Yoko W Tank has breast missiles. With shark teeth.
- This is parodied in Ah! My Goddess with the robot Sigel. She attacks Banpei with her Rocket Punch and he blocks it. She opens her dress, revealing her Barbie Doll Anatomy, and...
Sigel: BREAST MISSILES, AWAY!... Why didn't they fire?
Skuld: You, uh...don't HAVE any.
- Skuld later explains that these are plug covers (they cover plugs for recharging her).
- Bijinder in the Kikaider OVA series, where she fires lasers out of her boobs.
- Gray the Ninelives has an interesting variant in the anime version of Trigun. Perhaps they're more Torpedo-Pecs?
- Queen's Blade gives us Melona the slime girl, who, among other things, can fire acid from her breasts by squeezing them.
- In 009-1, cyborg superspy Mylene Hoffman has her breasts modified to fire from the nipples, making sure that even if she's only covered by a Modesty Bedsheet, she's never unarmed.
- Lampshaded in Dr. Slump. Shortly after being constructed in the first episode, Arale asks if she can shoot her breasts. Her creator angrily informed her of course she could NOT.
- Macademi Wasshoi also parodies the Aphrodite A example. Unfortunately, the dog girl giant robot maid's breast missiles also serve as the cockpits for two of the pilots.
- In the Rosario + Vampire anime, Ageha, Kurumu's mother, uses this once.
- One of the early exiled-devils the Occult Research Club fights fires off nipple lasers.
- Miiko the devilman (not the titular Devilman, just one of the others that join's Akira's devilman army) shoots a highly corrosive acid from her demon-possessed breasts.
- In Pani Poni Dash!, Rei gains this power inside the world of Himeko's dream.
- Kagami from Sasami-san@Ganbaranai is capable of manifesting rocket launchers from just about any part of her body, including (memorably seen in Episode 1) her breasts.
- A variation occurs in Jojos Bizarre Adventure. Minor villain Mariah stuffs her shirt with bolts, nails, and nuts, which become projectile weapons when her enemies get magnetized by her stand.
- Metal Robotnik in Sonic The Hedgehog The Movie has missiles that are launched from that general area.
Tails: What did he just say?
- Kurohime: One of the lesser goddesses has drill missiles for breasts.
- In Chapter 17 of Bleach, resident Cloud Cuckoo Lander Orihime Inoue draws herself as a giant robot with these for an art project when asked to draw herself in the future.
- In Final Crisis Aftermath: Run, the Human Flame gets a power upgrade that, among other things, allows him to shoot fire from where his nipples used to be.
- Tank Girl is often depicted with actual torpedoes◊ attached to her chest.
- Viz once featured "Robot Nun - She's Got Tommy-Gun Tits!", who burst into a space church and massacred the congregation with automatic weapons on mammary mounts.
- Frau Farbissina's Fembots in Austin Powers use guns in their nipples as weapons, which Austin calls "machine gun jubblies" (an obscure Cockney term for "breasts" - yes, that's where Del Boy's "lovely-jubbly" comes from). Lifted directly from Ursula Andress in The Tenth Victim (1965).
- Not launched as such, but in The Pink Panther Strikes Again, one member of the Carnival of Killers who tries to take out Clouseau is a man in drag with spikes that shoot out of his fake breasts. He tries to kill Clouseau by hugging him.
- In RoboGeisha, Kikuyakko's first cybernetic upgrade is to have her right breast converted into a machine gun. (Her left breast? The trigger.) Additionally, the Tengun fire acidic breast milk from theirs.
- The 'Power Pasties' in the soft-porn spoof Flesh Gordon shoot laser beams. Used for Rule of Funny when Gordon ends up wearing them.
- Desdemona in Machete Kills has two electric miniguns built into her bra.
- The Ambushers, a Dean Martin "Matt Helm" vehicle, features a smaller caliber version of this in which each cup of a secret agent's bra is actually a gun.
- An old joke tells of a woman who made a wish to a genie for her breasts to grow, and the genie made it so that they grow a size every time someone apologized to her (God knows why). The next day as she walked down the street, a man bumped into her, saying "Excuse me." Her breasts grew a size. Another woman bumped into her, saying, "Pardon me." The woman's breasts grew a size. Later in the day, she bumped into a Japanese gentleman who knocked her over. As she stood, the Japanese man bowed and said, "A thousand apologies." The headlines in the next day's paper read, "man killed by speeding torpedoes."
- In Raymond Briggs' picture book "The Tin-Pot Foreign General and the Old Iron Woman" (an anvilicious allegory of the Falklands War) the Old Iron Woman has cannons in her breasts which fire when she is excited.
- One of Timothy Zahn's Cobra novels features the first female Cobra, a group of cyborg soldiers. At their basic training, there is discussion of new weapons and upgrades, but ultimately these are not ready for deployment. One of the male recruits whispers something to his buddy that makes him laugh, and the instructor insists he repeat it so everyone can hear. The joke was that the female Cobra cadet could perhaps conceal an anti-aircraft battery in her chest (note that the character had not been described as particularly well-endowed.)
Live Action TV
- Metal Alice, the one major female villain from Tensou Sentai Goseiger, can fire breast missiles in a similar vein to Aphrodite A. Keris from Chouriki Sentai Ohranger could fire lasers from her nipples in giant monster form.
- In one of the many, many sketches on The Benny Hill Show, Benny is playing a secret agent in a trenchcoat. A sexy female spy corners him and shoots him — with breast guns. When these miss, Benny counterattacks by opening his trenchcoat and letting loose with hands-free machine gun fire.
- In-universe example from Life With Derek; the video game Babe Raider has the heroine shoot missiles from her ample chest.
- The cover of Busdriver's album Cosmic Cleavage.
- In the video of "Firework" by Katy Perry, shots show fireworks coming from her chest area. (The implication is more that they're coming from her heart than her breasts, though, in line with the theme of the song - other people in the video, one of them male, also get fireworks shooting from their chests.)
- Then there's the video for "California Gurls", which features whipped cream.
- Lady Gaga and:
- Her bra with machine guns attached in the video for "Alejandro".
- Her flamethrower bra in the video for Bad Romance and also at times in live concerts.
- In BattleTech some mechs are armed with missile launchers, or guns on their breasts.
- Redneck Rampage - One of the alien weapons is a pair of machine gun tits attached to a purple chrome bra. Worn by a skinny male redneck.
- Joked about in the Prinny Commentary in the Nintendo DS version of Disgaea.
- In Marvel vs. Capcom, Roll's special attack "Hyper Roll" can launch missiles from her chest.
- This scene from Space Quest 5. at 8:50.
- The Lavos Core first form's beam attack near the end of Chrono Trigger.
- Some of Argilla's attacks in Digital Devil Saga launch from the mouths in her breasts — mostly any form of Breath Weapon, as she doesn't have a mouth on her face.
- The Hooter Shooter bra in Leisure Suit Larry 5, which you use to defeat the Big Bad at the end.
- The Indie Game Shoot 1 up has a boss with these
- Given Demi's insistence that the rest of the party turn around while she installs it, and the attack animation when she uses it, her Phonomezer is likely one of these (although it fires sound waves).
- Featured in the Topless Robot logo.
- The entire premise of the website Lazer Tits.
- A rare male version: The UTAU Namine Ritsu is a Wholesome Crossdresser cute boy with actual Torpedo Tits.
- In Episode 4 of Chainmail Bikini Squad, the redhead got really annoyed when normal spells wouldn't work, but a swarm of magic missiles from her chest did.
- The Riot Bots from Get Ed wield a variety of weapons. One weapon is a pair of cone-shaped laser cannons that appear on their chests.
- In an episode of Sealab 2021, Quinn rebuilds Captain Murphy into a cyborg with flamethrower tits. Or as the captain calls them:
Murphy: "D-cups!" *fwoooosh* "Full of JUSTICE!"
- Debbie later demands flamethrower tits of her own when she's cyborgized. She's extremely pissed when hers turn out smaller than Murphy's.
- Rejected: You're watching the Family Learning Channel! And now: angry ticks fire out of my nipples!