is a Virtual Boy
game developed by Nintendo
taking place in a future where people use a combination of the Virtual Boy
and futuristic control technology to pilot robot boxers.
This game contains examples of:
- Action Bomb: Bomb-kun is a nuclear bomb robot.
- Animal Motifs: Most of the robots have some sort of animal pattern.
- The Dreaded: This is the music for the final boss.
- Dummied Out: The name and Victory Quote of an unused opponent named Chader are in the ROM.
- Eagleland: The negative type, as both the American robot and pilot are depicted as brutish and ape-like.
- Fembot: Prin, the French robot, complete with shooting its boobs at you.
- Germanic Efficiency: The German robot is a repurposed construction robot, itself piloted by a robot, indicating that Germany has become even more industrial and automated somehow.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Although well within Japanese standards of what constitutes a children's game, it has quite a bit that would never pass in the USA today.
- Land Downunder: So of course the Australian robot is a kangaroo, complete with a pouch that holds a baby robot kangaroo.
- Lethal Joke Character: Bomb-kun is apparently supposed to make people laugh, except that it can kill you instantly.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: Machinegun punches
- Showgirl Skirt: Prin is wearing one, along with a corset, despite being a robot.
- Time-Limit Boss: Bomb-kun, who has a time limit of 40 seconds displayed proudly on his chest.
- Widget Series: This game has a profoundly-Japanese sense of humor:
- Picky seems like a character from Earthbound or Katamari Damacy
- When Kevin Pasco is defeated, he flies away by farting
- The final boss is a cat.