We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
A cartoon trope in which a huge or fat character — either accidentally or intentionally — sits on a smaller character. The bigger character then stands up, revealing the smaller character being Squashed Flat
and stuck to the bigger character's backside. The bigger character may or may not be aware of what just happened. This is particularly common with animalian characters who are elephants
, hippos, and rhinoceri.
Compare Ass Kicks You
. Not to be confused with Blush Sticker
open/close all folders
- At the end of Archie Comics' Sonic Quest miniseries, Robotnik parachutes into his penthouse office and ends up flattening Snively. Snively remembers the incident in a Call Back early in the Sonic Blast special.
- Mother Goose and Grimm: A very large friend of Mother Goose's visits and is disappointed not to see Grimm, and is told that she even sat in his favorite chair. As she stands, we see Grimm embedded in her.
- "Whoa, Frank, guess what yooouuuu sat in!" says one elephant to another with a pith-helmeted explorer squished on his ass.
- At the end of the short film "Gopher Broke", this is the fate of the eponymous gopher.
- The Princess and the Frog: Though it's not done in the actual movie, but in the 82nd Academy Awards ceremony. When Prince Naveen was talking about being nominated for Best Animated feature, Louis squashes him and thinks they won the award. Naveen tells him it's just a nomination; then Louis turns to show us Naveen on his bottom.
- Tarzan & Jane: After Tantor finishes his first story, he finally realizes he's been sitting on Terk.
- In the opening scene of The Triplets of Belleville, one of the obese ladies visiting the show has her husband stuck on her butt.
- Winnie-the-Pooh: At the beginning of "The Backson Song", the Backson drops on Owl and starts dancing, then turns around to show Owl flattened on his backside.
- Humorously inverted in a Russian joke: A hippo is swimming down the river with a frog sitting on its head. A crocodile asks the frog, "Hello frog, how are you?" The frog answers, "I'm been in a bad mood all day, and something heavy is stuck to my butt."
- At the Discworld Convention 2010 Maskerade, the winner portrayed Dame Violetta Gigli, the great opera singer from the backstory of Maskerade, demanding to know where her co-star is for the duet. She performs without him, and as she takes her bows we see a flattened figure in evening dress on her back. (The book itself mentions that she once flattened a tenor, but not that he was stuck to her afterwards.)
- "The Boids" with the director, Alfred Hitchcock, sitting on the Goodfeathers. Then they're shown stuck to his butt.
- "Pitter Patter of Little Feet" During the night when Brain tries to escape, he falls on the floor. And when the hippos go to look for him, Flavio slips and Brain is found on his butt.
- Back at the Barnyard:
- "The Good, the Bad, and the Snotty" after all the animals rolled out of the barn all glued together. Bessy complains about Peck being glued to her butt.
- Classic Disney Shorts:
- "Tiger Trouble": an elephant lands on a tiger. In a variation, only the tiger's stripes are stuck to the elephant's butt.
- Family Guy:
- "Mr. and Mrs. Stewie" Lois goes over to Quagmire's house to ask Peter to come home. When Peter gets out of bed... Quagmire is stuck in his backside.
- Johnny Bravo episode "Johnny and the Beanstalk"; when Johnny jumps down from the top of the beanstalk, the giant falls down too and lands on him. Johnny Bravo tells him a knock-knock joke to tell him to get off.
- Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness:
- "Hometown Hero" during Mantis' and Hao Ming wedding, Dosu tried to expose Mantis of not being the Dragon Warrior. But Po sits on him to try to keep him quiet.
- "Scorpion Sting" when a possessed Monkey and Po collide with each other during "Sneak Attack Training" Po gets up and turns around shouting for Monkey; unaware that he's stuck to his backside.
- The Legend of Tarzan:
- "Tarzan and the City of Opar" After Terk gets Tantor unstuck from a doorway in Opar, he crashes into a wall and crushes Terk.
- Loonatics Unleashed:
- "Secrets of the Guardian Strike Sword" where Danger Duck and Slam Tasmanian jump off a space train and Slam lands on Ophiuchus Sam. Then Slam gets up and Sam is stuck to his back.
- Looney Tunes:
- "Rabbit Punch": Bugs Bunny lifts the Champ over his head, but can't hold him up for long and is crushed. When the Champ sits up, Bugs is flattened on his back.
- Pinky and the Brain:
- "Around the World in 80 Narfs" Pinky and Brain got sat on by a fat cowboy while they were sitting on a horse.
- Rocko's Modern Life:
- "Bye Bye Birdie" when Heffer sits on the couch, he is unaware that he sat on Filburt's bird. They scream when Rocko and Heffer find it stuck to Heffer's butt.
- "Rocko's Happy Sack" while Rocko is shopping he gets crushed by the Hippo Lady's butt and gets stuck there.
- SpongeBob SquarePants:
- "Kracked Krabs" when SpongeBob gives a quarter with a string to a very large employee, he pulls it back along with employee and he lands on SpongeBob. He then turns around revealing SpongeBob stuck to his backside.
- Timon & Pumbaa:
- "Kenya Be My Friend": while Pumbaa is searching for a new friend, he sits on a meerkat named Monty.
- Tiny Toon Adventures:
- "How I Spent My Vacation": While Hamton's family is playing "Spot The Car", Hamton's cousin Stinky is hopping up and down on Plucky.
- "Toon TV" during the music video Do You Love Me" by the Contours, Buster gets crushed by an elephant "doing the twist".
- Tom And Jerry Kids:
- "Circus Antics" after Tundo the elephant introduces his family to Jerry, he asks where Tom is. And it is revealed that he's stuck to his butt.
- "Swallow the Swallow" after Bernie the Swallow tossed Clyde off of his birdhouse, Clyde falls and lands on Kyle.
- "Two Stepping Tom" when the elephant singer is hanging on a beam he falls on Tom.