Fanfic: Nymphadora Tonks Goes To Hell
Featuring emo rock star Andrew Jackson, an impregnated dictator, a singing barber, Maximilien Robespierre as the Sassy Gay Friend, spontaneous musical numbers, the North Korean Quidditch team, the saga of Anti-Christ Bob, and general insanity!
"There is only one word I can think of to describe my feelings on this brilliance, one word that encompasses this utter epicness with hints of Stalin/Sadam bondage, Krum's sexy Bulgarian voice saying 'Bobopedic mattress', narcoleptic murderers, Napoleon as one of the four Antichrists, Korean racism that I have this nagging feeling I *shouldn't* be laughing at (XD), and gorgeously kind references in the A/N...Nymphadora Tonks Goes To Hell is a Harry Potter Crack Fic by Fan Fiction Dot Net user The Impossible Slashtronaut.In this fanfiction, Nymphadora Tonks winds up in Hell, meets various mass murderers, madmen, and serial killers from throughout history, and falls in love with the seventh President of the United States of America.
Nymphadora Tonks Goes To Hell provides examples of:
- Actor Allusion: to Benjamin Walker. From the epilogue – "Andrew Jackson is now a vampire hunter going by the alias of Abraham Lincoln."
- Aerith and Anti-Christ Bob
- A Hell of a Time: the premise of the entire fanfiction.
- And Then Andrew Jackson Was a Zombie
- Anti Christ: Bob, from Bob's Discount Furniture.
- Adolf Hitler, of course.
- Artistic License – History: especially when involving the prophecies of Nostradamus and the Anti Christ.
- Author Appeal: The constant Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson references.
- Big Damn Kiss: between Andrew Jackson and Tonks, naturally.
- Also between Lord Voldemort and Bellatrix Lestrange.
- Blatant Lies: "Chapter 9: In Which Nothing Happens At All." That chapter title may be a Shout-Out to chapter three of Dirty the Pooh and the One Hundred Acre Shitpile.
- Camp Gay: Seximilien. In spades.
- Crack Fic: of the highest order. Has been featured on the Crack Fic page on This Very Wiki, as well as on the old "Troper Tales" page.
- Cross Over: the majority of the fic is one between Harry Potter and Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson, but it manages to fit in A Clockwork Orange, Sweeney Todd, and the Cthulhu Mythos for good measure.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Viktor Krum.
- Deus ex Machina: the ending, in which Stephen Sondheim, J. K. Rowling and Winston Churchill appear and cause the universe to implode.
- Dramatic Thunder: the roiling hell thunder.
- Emo Teen: how Tonks and Andrew Jackson are portrayed.
- For Andrew Jackson the trope is invoked on purpose, since his characterisation is blatantly in reference to Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson.
- Fire and Brimstone Hell
- Four-Star Badass: Andrew Jackson.
- Gorn: the battle between Andrew Jackson and Anti-Christ Bob ends with Anti-Christ Bob accidentally hacking his own leg off, causing massive blood loss, followed by Andrew Jackson throwing a knife into Bob's heart, spraying blood all over him as he dies... which makes AJ feel good.
- Ironic Hell
- Insane Proprietor: Anti-Christ Bob.
- Kudzu Plot
- Large Ham: Andrew Jackson, Satan, and Seximilien.
- Voldemort and Bellatrix, too.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: from Historical Domain Characters like Seximilien Robespierre to Lord Voldemort, Bellatrix Lestrange, and Victor Krum to Alex DeLarge.
- You Are Not The Baby's Father: Invoked, with Hitler and Stalin.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: averted with the brutal death of Anti-Christ Bob and the entire cast of Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark.
- Random Events Plot
- Refuge in Audacity / Crazy Awesome
- Shout-Out: Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson is referenced constantly – it happens to be the author's favorite musical.
- Spiritual Sequel: to the author's earlier fanfic Nymphadora Tonks and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.
- Slasher Smile: Invoked by numerous characters.
- Take That: To Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, constantly."Standing in the blinding fire light, in a rather untidy clump, stood the maimed, injured, and overall soulless cast of Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark."
- To Hell and Back
"Wow, what a bunch of fucking emos," muttered Satan.