Fan Fic: Nymphadora Tonks Goes To Hell
Featuring emo rock star Andrew Jackson, an impregnated dictator, a singing barber, Maximilian Robespierre as the Sassy Gay Friend, spontaneous musical numbers, the North Korean Quidditch team, the saga of Anti-Christ Bob, and general insanity!
"There is only one word I can think of to describe my feelings on this brilliance, one word that encompasses this utter epicness with hints of Stalin/Sadam bondage, Krum's sexy Bulgarian voice saying 'Bobopedic mattress', narcoleptic murderers, Napoleon as one of the four Antichrists, Korean racism that I have this nagging feeling I *shouldn't* be laughing at (XD), and gorgeously kind references in the A/N...Nymphadora Tonks Goes To Hell
is a Harry Potter Crack Fic
user The Impossible Slashtronaut.
In this fanfiction, Nymphadora Tonks winds up in Hell, meets various mass murderers, madmen, and serial killers from throughout history
, and falls in love with the seventh President of the United States of America.
Nymphadora Tonks Goes To Hell provides examples of:
- Actor Allusion: to Benjamin Walker. From the epilogue – "Andrew Jackson is now a vampire hunter going by the alias of Abraham Lincoln."
- Aerith and Anti-Christ Bob
- A Hell of a Time: the premise of the entire fanfiction.
- And Then Andrew Jackson Was a Zombie
- Anti Christ: Bob, from Bob's Discount Furniture.
- Artistic License - History: especially when involving the prophecies of Nostradamus and the Anti Christ.
- Author Appeal: The constant Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson references.
- Big Damn Kiss: between Andrew Jackson and Tonks, naturally.
- Also between Lord Voldemort and Bellatrix Lestrange.
- Blatant Lies: "Chapter 9: In Which Nothing Happens At All."
- Camp Gay: Seximilien. In spades.
- Crack Fic: of the highest order. Has been featured on the Crack Fic page on This Very Wiki, as well as on the old "Troper Tales" page.
- Cross Over: the majority of the fic is one between Harry Potter and Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson, but it manages to fit in A Clockwork Orange, Sweeney Todd, and the Cthulhu Mythos for good measure.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Viktor Krum.
- Deus ex Machina: the ending, in which Stephen Sondheim, J. K. Rowling and Winston Churchill appear and cause the universe to implode.
- Dramatic Thunder: the roiling hell thunder.
- Emo Teen: how Tonks and Andrew Jackson are portrayed.
- Fire and Brimstone Hell
- Four-Star Badass: Andrew Jackson.
- Gorn: the battle between Andrew Jackson and Anti-Christ Bob ends with Anti-Christ Bob accidentally hacking his own leg off, causing massive blood loss, followed by Andrew Jackson throwing a knife into Bob's heart, spraying blood all over him as he dies... which makes AJ feel good.
- Ironic Hell
- Insane Proprietor: Anti-Christ Bob.
- Kudzu Plot
- Large Ham: Andrew Jackson, Satan, and Seximilien.
- Voldemort and Bellatrix, too.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: from Historical Domain Characters like Seximilien Robespierre to Lord Voldemort, Bellatrix Lestrange, and Victor Krum to Alex DeLarge.
- You Are Not The Baby's Father: Invoked, with Hitler and Stalin.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: averted with the brutal death of Anti-Christ Bob and the entire cast of Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark.
- Random Events Plot
- Refuge in Audacity / Crazy Awesome
- Shout-Out: Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson is referenced constantly – it happens to be the author's favorite musical.
- There are also lyrical references to Rent, Sweeney Todd, Evanescence, and Rihanna.
- The cameos by Cthulhu, Cronus, the Furies, Gorgons, Harpies, Sirens, Kerberos, Echydna and the Green Power Ranger, as well as mentions of Anubis.
- The title may be a reference to Wizard of Oz 3: Dorothy Goes To Hell.
- Spiritual Sequel: to the author's earlier fanfic Nymphadora Tonks and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.
- Slasher Smile: Invoked by numerous characters.
- Take That: To Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, constantly.
"Standing in the blinding fire light, in a rather untidy clump, stood the maimed, injured, and overall soulless cast of Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark
- To Hell and Back
"Wow, what a bunch of fucking emos," muttered Satan.