Tyra Banks (b. 1970) is an African-American supermodel, Actress, TV talk show host, Author (Tyra Banks Basic Face, and Modelland), and TV producer from Inglewood, California. She first became famous for her appearances in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, where, in 1997, she became the first African-American model to appear solo on the cover.note She also created the Reality Show America's Next Top Model. She also has branched out into acting, with roles in such films as Higher Learning, Coyote Ugly and Halloween: Resurrection.As usual, you can find the basics about her life and career at The Other Wiki.
The following FIERCE tropes are associated with Ms. Tyra Banks.
- Arch-Enemy: For a time, Naomi Campbell, although it wasn't so much hatred as fear on Tyra's part. They eventually resolved any issues they had between each other.
- As Herself: On the Just Shoot Me! episodes "Nina Sees Red Pt.1" and "Nina Sees Red Pt. 2," and cameos in the films Mr Woodcock, Tropic Thunder and Hannah Montana: The Movie.
- Black Boss Lady
- Eccentric Mentor
- The Eponymous Show: The Tyra Banks Show.
- Expository Hairstyle Change
- Fan of Underdog
- Fashion Model: She's modeled for many designers, including Victoria's Secret.
- Fashion Show: She's appeared in quite a few.
- Large Ham
- Lead You Can Relate To
- Made-for-TV Movie: 2000's ABC Family fantasy/comedy Life Size, where she played a fashion doll that had magically come to life.
- Ms. Fanservice: She was a model, it's part of the job.
- Pretty in Mink: In a Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, one of the outfits she modeled included a white fox wrap and a Showgirl Skirt trimmed with white fox.
- Real Women Have Curves
- Reality Show: America's Next Top Model
- Start My Own: Two reality shows (the other was the less-successful True Beauty) and a philanthropic organization called TZONE.
- Vanity Plate: A bank vault, for her company Bankable Productions.