- "...and to your left, you'll see Superman."
- In Muppet Treasure Island, an Establishing Shot of an island location gets interrupted by a tour group walking into the shot.
Tour guide: And here we have the jungle where they filmed Muppet Treasure Island.
- Killer Tomatoes Eat France: the villains have set up an ancient medieval castle as their base of operations. Fitting except for the tour groups that keep coming through.
Tour Guide: And this is a giant fire-breathing tomato. [tomato eats her]
- Played With in some fashion in the Get Smart film. A tour guide is showing a group around the museum display of the Cold War era, defunct CONTROL...which is alive and well, and the entrance is right beside the display.
- In Shrek Forever After Shrek's home is now part of a tour route. The green ogre is not amused, especially after the bus accidentally knocks over his outhouse, while he's using it.
- In Cats Don't Dance a studio tour gets caught in a flood and the guide assures the tourists that it's all just special effects.
- In Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, Gabato (a tour guide by trade) has the gag "to your left, you'll see the Pacific Ocean. To your right, is the other side of the Pacific Ocean." He repeats the gag at the end of the film when they're in the Nautilus.
- Inverted in Airplane!. Captain Oveur wants to distract the passengers from the unconscious co-pilot and navigator being dragged to the back of the plane, so he mentions landmarks that can be viewed while the stewardesses drag the unconscious crew. Unlike other examples, all the action is in the plane, and the stuff outside is a diversion and, giving that the movie is a comedy, it works.
- Happens on a studio tour in season 3 of Arrested Development. Lampshaded by both parties.
Michael Bluth: More like "Malcolm in the Middle-of-Shooting"
Frankie Muniz: (waving) That's alright! It's more important to show how we make the show than to actually make the show!
- Strangely averted on 30 Rock, despite taking place in a TV studio and featuring a main character that conducts studio tours.
- At one point in Hellsing, Alucard and Anderson fight each other in an art museum. Disgusted with their attacking each other yet again, Seras picks up a group of tourists and guides them past the two - who promptly pose as statues.
- Played with in Tachyon: The Fringe. In one mission, you have to babysit a cruiseliner carrying wealthy civilians to sight-see IN SPACE, and protect them from Space Pirate attacks. In the event that enemy fighters attack, you're offered a bonus if you can put on a show for the crowd. The tour guide commentates on your dog fight.
- The Nostalgia Critic pulls this gag in his Raiders of the Story Arc review of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when the Turtle Van can drive straight to the Technodrome without any problems.
- In an episode of Family Guy Peter and his friends are trapped on what they believe to be a remote island. At one point, they decide to have an orgy, thinking no one will see. The next shot is of a cruise ship passing by the island:
Captain: And if you look to your right, you will see a group of homosexuals.
- Two episodes of Tiny Toon Adventures got mileage out of the line "And to your left is a naked pig." Poor Hamton.
- A Running Gag in Histeria!, which had the tour guide as a standard character.
- Rocko's Modern Life takes this Up to Eleven with the tour guide who absolutely refuses to let any tourist off the bus. Lest they face severe repercussions.