Creator: Shailene Woodley
Shailene Diann Woodley (born November 15, 1991) is an American actress who initially gained fame for playing Amy on The Secret Life of the American Teenager
. She also played Tris in the film adaptation of Divergent
, and Hazel Grace in the film adaptation of The Fault in Our Stars
Roles Ms. Woodley has done:
Tropes that relate to her work:
- Intergenerational Friendship: Shailene is so close to on-screen mom Laura Dern that she lives part-time in Dern's house.
- Ms. Fanservice: She has few qualms about being nude onscreen.
- The Pete Best: On The OC, she played Kaitlin in season 1. In Season 3 when the writers decided to make Kaitlin a more important character, the role was recast to Willa Holland.
- She Really Can Act: Before The Descendants most people had only seen her on Secret Life.
- Star-Making Role: Both Amy in Secret Life and Alexandra in The Descendants. Tris and Hazel really launched her career into the stratosphere, though.
- Their First Time: As of 2015 she's played characters who have lost their virginities onscreen five times.note Her favorite scene she's filmed even is her love scene with Miles Teller in The Spectacular Now.
- Those Two Actors: With Ansel Elgort in Divergent and The Fault in Our Stars.
- Type Casting: All of her best-known and highest-praised roles are as angsty teenagers either dying, self-destructing or close friends with someone who is in movies adapted from Young Adult Literature (The Descendants somewhat straddles the line, being told by a middle-aged man but mainly about teenagers). Her role in Secret Life also fits this mold.
- What Could Have Been: She was cast as Mary Jane Watson in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, and even filmed a scene, but her part was cut from the movie. Shailene has stated she would like to reprise the role in a future Spider-Man movie.