Fan Fic: Curious George Goes To Paris
Curious George Goes To Paris is exactly what you think it is, until things get much weirder. It's actually a Crack Fic set in World War II, and yes, Curious George actually takes a plane there. He uses inexplicable Kung Fu moves on Those Wacky Nazis, and even kills Adolf Hitler. You can read it right here.It's not quite as bad as My Immortal, but it's still pretty bad.
It uses the following tropes:
- Anachronism Stew: Curious George uses a Mastercard to get to 1940s Germany.
- Beige Prose
- Big Bad: Hitler
- Captain Obvious: "Perhaps it was a bad idea to visit Paris in the middle of World War II."
- The Dragon: Captain Hook
- Gory Discretion Shot: In a once M-rated Fan Fic? M Shyamalan would be proud.
- Hitler's Time Travel Exemption Act: Subverted, in that apart from all the modern inventions, the fic is taking place during WWII, and they do kill Hitler. It was very dramatic.
- Insistent Terminology: Curious George and The Man In The Yellow Hat are always called Curious George & The Man In The Yellow Hat.
- The Hit Flash: Yes, just like Adam West Batman.
- Lampshade Hanging: It hangs a lantern on which parts are anticlimactic & even the end.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: Not as bad as some fics, but there's "it's" instead of "its" and "sight" instead of "site."
- Time Skip: During a fight.
- Truth in Television: Curious George was actually invented by two Jewish writers fleeing Germany during World War II. They first made a stop in Paris, then went to Brazil.
- Unspoken Plan Guarantee: George and the Man in the Yellow Hat's plan to help Corporal McFluffin, which they explain to him but not the reader, seems to go smoothly until a Nazi tank arrives.