Tropers: Dm M
DmM is based in the Republic of Ireland. He does not have red hair, hates potatoes and is completely incompetent at talking as Gaeilge. His interests include alternative rock, literary sci-fi and fantasy, physics and medieval history.
Tropes that apply to DmM:
- And the Fandom Rejoiced: he was among that fandom for the unveiling of Evanna Lynch as Luna Lovegood and when the news broke that Joss Whedon would be directing The Avengers.
- Ascended Fanboy: he spent a very long time browsing the wiki before he felt he had something that might be worth saying, at which point he joined up.
- Badass Longcoat: He owns one, but isn't convinced he can carry it off...
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With his Distaff Counterpart, according to most of their friends.
- Catch Phrase: "You are a deeply weird person...", "Actually, [insert name of historian/physicist/Terry Pratchett here] says that..." and "Ok, you see that tree over there? No, not that one, the one on the horizon... I'm closer to that tree than I am to caring about your relationship problems" (Note: That last one is an obscure in-joke among friends. DmM does care about your relationship problems. Probably.) He has also been know to quote Snape in Goblet Of Fire: "Fascinating as your social lives undoubtedly are..."
- Deadpan Snarker: He has been told he makes Kimball Cho seem like an aversion of this trope. Make of that what you will.
- Genius Ditz: Well, ditz with good grades, anyway... Oh look, Nargles!.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Heck, he's Irish after all...
- Oireland: Averted. With a vengeance.
- Romantic False Lead: On first meeting DmM and his Distaff Counterpart, most people assume they are in a relationship.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: As an obvious result of the Romantic False Lead stuff...
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: With his Distaff Counterpart, who is also his Romantic False Lead and friend.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky