Tropers / Dm M
is based in the Republic of Ireland. He does not have red hair
, hates potatoes and is completely incompetent at talking as Gaeilge
. His interests include alternative rock, literary sci-fi and fantasy, physics and medieval history. He has won awards for political journalism and was once retweeted by Rhianna Pratchett
Tropes that apply to DmM:
- And the Fandom Rejoiced: he was among that fandom for the unveiling of Evanna Lynch as Luna Lovegood and when the news broke that Joss Whedon would be directing The Avengers.
- Ascended Fanboy: he spent a very long time browsing the wiki before he felt he had something that might be worth saying, at which point he joined up.
- Badass Longcoat: He owns one, but isn't convinced he can carry it off...
- Catch-Phrase: "You are a deeply weird person...", "Actually, [insert name of historian/physicist/Terry Pratchett here] says that..." and "Ok, you see that tree over there? No, not that one, the one on the horizon... I'm closer to that tree than I am to caring about your relationship problems" (Note: That last one is an obscure in-joke among friends. DmM does care about your relationship problems. Probably.) He has also been know to quote Snape in Goblet of Fire: "Fascinating as your social lives undoubtedly are..."
- Deadpan Snarker: He has been told he makes Kimball Cho seem like an aversion of this trope. Make of that what you will.
- Genius Ditz: Well, ditz with good grades, anyway... Oh look, Nargles!.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Heck, he's (kinda) Irish after all...
- Large Ham Radio: Give a loudmouthed former debater a college radio show, and this is pretty much inevitable.
- Oireland: Averted. With a vengeance.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: Was a competitive debater at both secondary school and university level. It left some... ingrained habits.
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky
- The Mean Brit: An angry ball of snark by nature, British by place of birth and accent.