Antonino Biasetton (1927-1977) was an Italian-Argentinian Professional Wrestler who competed from 1942-1976 as Antonino Rocca. He is best known for his work for the Capital Wrestling Corporation, which was the precursor to WWE. He was a major box office draw for the New York City territory. He also competed in Montreal, Ohio, Texas, New Japan Pro Wrestling and the World Wrestling Council in Puerto Rico, where he finished out his career. Among his in-ring achievements, he was a 1x World (Capitol) Tag Team Champion, a 1x World (Montreal) Heavyweight Champion, a 2x NWA Texas Heavyweight Champion and a 1x WWC North American Tag Team Champion.As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
- Awesome Moment of Crowning: Inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 1995.
- Bash Brothers: With Jose Miguel Perez.
- Carpet of Virility
- Defeating the Undefeatable: No one managed to take the World (Capitol) Tag Team Championship off of him and Jose Miguel Perez.
- Does Not Like Shoes
- Downer Ending: His death at 49.
- Face: The defining example of his era.
- Legacy Character: Antonio Inoki named himself for Rocca.
- Real Men Wear Pink: He loved Opera and reportedly could sing it as well.
- Retired Badass: Even after he stopped wrestling he hung around the WWWF as a commentator and referee.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: He headlined every single main event in Madison Square garden for seven straight years, though he often shared the spotlight with other people. Probably justified, as he did bring wrestling back to the garden and was largely responsible for making the New York territory profitable again after Jack Pfefer had sabotaged it.
- Twofer Token Minority: Italian-Argentinian
- Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny: He starred in the comic book Downfall of Superman and was the cause of it, using his superior wrestling ability. "Antonino" and "Superman" were actually other men in disguises.
- Underwear of Power
- Ur-Example: Responsible for introducing the fast, high-flying style to wrestling, including the dropkick, cross body and huracanrana. He also innovated the Argentine back breaker.