Fanfic Recs: Neon Genesis Evangelion Peggy Sue
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Neon Genesis Evangelion Peggy Sue
fics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
What the statuses mean
- Complete - Exactly What It Says on the Tin
- Ongoing - The fic is being updated on a regular basisnote , or has received an update after being tagged as Dormant or Dead.
- Dormant - Either: The author has placed the fic on hiatus; or the fic has gone for several months to a year or more without an update but the author has not pronounced it dead.
- Dead - The fic has not been updated in several years, or the author has specifically said that it will not be updated.
Some of the fics on this page feature content intended for older audiences. Please pay attention to the Tags sections on the recs, and check the pages for any tags you're not familiar with. You've been warned.
Neon Genesis Evangelion Redux
by Squire of Gothos
Making a Difference
- Recommended by: Tropers/Magyareagle
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: Neon Genesis Evangelion romance/drama with Groundhog Day elements and a little humor thrown in. Sx R. The pilots find themselves caught in a time-loop, and as things grow ever stranger, will they be able to figure out what's happening without going insane?
by Random Char Clone
- Recommended by: Inkki Bookman
- Status: Dormant
- Synopsis: Forty years after saving the world from 3rd Impact, Rei, Shinji and Asuka were sent back in time to when Shinji was first picked up by Misato. The twist is that this past is somewhat different in that Shinji lives with Misato at the base instead of the apartment and instead of a school, he now has to go to a military Academy, not to mention how the Angel timeline seems to be off as well.
by Lavanya Six (Link
(Also available in a Russian translation
The Second Try by Jimmy Wolk
(Also on FF.Net
, which the author recommends over his own site, although his site also contains his fan art, much of which is hilarious.)
Better Luck Next Time
by Lavanya Six
Once More with Feeling
, by Crazy-88 (link
- Recommended by: Guessmyname, Looney Toons, Chuckg, Willbyr, Nerdorama, SirTelekineticSquirrel, SRW Fan, RagnarTheSemiGreen
- Status: Active! After a years-long hiatus, has stated updating again as of 28 July 2013.
- Synopsis: During Instrumentality, Lilith asks Shinji one important question. His reply sends him back to the start of the series, where maybe he can make things better than what they were the first time around.
- Pairings: Shinji x Asuka, Rei x Kensuke (?), Toji x Hikari
Dazed and Confused
- Recommended by: Looney Toons Kendrix, SRW Fan
- Status: Dormant
- Synopsis: After spending a year scratching out a bare survival existence in the frozen post-Third-Impact wasteland of Japan while taking care of a catatonic Shinji, Asuka encounters Rei/Lilith, who has found the effective destruction of the world at Shinji's hands an undesirable outcome to Instrumentality. Rei/Lilith gives Asuka the chance to go back and help Shinji, so that he will choose differently when the power of creation is given into his hands. Asuka agrees and is promptly sent back in time two years. But while her attitudes and intentions may have changed due to her post-Third-Impact experiences, her methods and style haven't — and it seems likely that her impulsive and direct approach may do more harm than good. Worse, Rei has noticed the changes in her, her EVA doesn't recognize her any more, and her warning to Kaji about investigating the Human Instrumentality Project has him worried and suspicious about what she knows and how...
, by SeptimusMagisto (link
- Recommended by: Universalperson
- Status: Ongoing
- Synopsis: Shinji gets sent back in time. The catch is that everyone is acting different. Almost as though they were sent back in time too...
- Recommended by: fishboy210, SRW Fan
- Status: Ongoing
- Pairing: Shinji/Asuka
- Synopsis: Asuka uses one of Gendo's more secretive projects to go back in time. She comes back at an inopportune moment during the Sixth Angel battle. From there, the changes to the timeline start to stack up in an interesting way. Of course, Gendo being Gendo, he knows someone used his time machine and has plans within plans in place to deal with it.