These are recommendations made by tropers for Touhou
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
. This section has doujins and comics focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. You can do it by expanding on the synopsis and/or pertinent tags, or linking similar or related fanfics. Reviews are also encouraged, but please make sure to make reviews have substance; if you simply want to recommend a fic without an extensive review, put your troper name in the Recommended by line of the fic in question. Please use the discussion page for conversations about fics.
☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢: All links to Danbooru
due to advertisements.
Fujiwara no Mokou, Who Lives a Million Times; and Kamishirasawa Keine's One Happy Lifetime
- Recommended by: Noxshade
- Pairings: Mokou/Keine
- Synopsis: "Hey, Keine. I wonder how long we will be able to pass through the same time. I wonder when the end comes." "On that day...Fujiwara no Mokou wept just as many times as she had died and returned to life." Presented mostly as a flashback, it begins with Mokou discovering Keine having passed away in her sleep; and then shows all the happy times they had together.
by Can't Fix the Helmet, translated by Pilpsie, edited by Rukaroa.
Chiisana Koi No Uta/This echoing love song
- Recommended by Sleeping Doom
- Pairing(s): Marisa/Rinnosuke
- Synopsis: Rinnosuke and a young Marisa discuss what they want to do in the future. Rinnosuke plans to write a book, and asks Marisa what she wants to be. Many years later, neither of them have changed their minds.
, Subbed by Ragnarok DS
Cirno and Reimu's 1 2 3
- Recommended by Maria†Holic
- Pairing: Keine/Mokou
- 'Synopsis'': A cute story about Keine and Mokou's relationship developing.
by Kamo Nari
Eastern Starlight Romance
- Recommended by: Troublethecat/rcn2820
- Pairings: Reimu/Cirno
- Synopsis: Presented in a semi Anachronic Order, starting with a botched love confession after a prank gone wrong, before showing what lead up to that point (And possibly a little of what came after), this doujin tells the story of how Gensokyo's Strongest Fairy and Gensokyo's Laziest Miko became friends, and how Cirno became much more than that for Reimu. Funny, Heartwarming and sometimes Heartbreaking.
by Dai-Sukima Dan
Keine, Mokou and the Students!
- Recommended by Sect
- Pairing: Marisa/Alice. Or Marisa/Reimu. Or Marisa/Patchouli. Or Marisa/Flandre. Or...
- Synopsis: A currently incomplete visual novel. Marisa's father passes away, which forces Marisa to confront her own mortality. She resolves to discover a way to become immortal, and begins researching seriously. Meanwhile, her relationship with several of her friends begin to change...
, Song by COOL&CREATE, Animation by AniPix, Art by Noya, Subs inserted by SkyWitches, Lyric Translations via Touhou Wiki.
Maiden Illusionary Funeral: Before and After
- Recommended by: Kryptik
- Pairing: Marisa/Patchouli
- Synopsis: Marisa, sick of Patchouli continually keeping herself locked in, despite how much it hurts both of them, decides to take matters into her own hands the only way she knows how.
and Maiden Illusionary Funeral: Phantasm
Night Sparrow Love
- Recommended by Prime32
- Pairing: Yukari/Yuyuko
- Synopsis: Long before the creation of the Great Hakurei Barrier, Yukari is a savage human-killing youkai hunted by the Saigyouji monks. But one of the Saigyouji is a little more hesitant - after all, she knows what it's like to be feared for your power...
- Recommended by Sonic GTR, Extraintrovert, Citizen, Jiven
- Pairing: Mystia/Mokou
- Synopsis: Mystia, who runs a grilled ell cart, and Mokou, her coal supplier, are Twice Shy for each other. Keine sees what's going on and decides to give them a push. Marisa and Reimu also get involved. Emotional Torque ensues.
, Song by COOL&CREATE, Looker Room
and TETLA POT
Touhou - Days Woven From Illusion ~The Unmoving Great Library
- Recommended by the Ace Of Scarabs
- Pairing: Shizuha/Minoriko (Unrequited)
- Synopsis: Shizuha has feelings for Minoriko, but Cannot Spit It Out. She feels lonely as Minoriko is invited to a lot of Autumn feasts, and harsh words are said. Heartbroken, Shizuha sinks into despair and leaves, and Minoriko regrets their last big argument.
by Gensou Koumuten
Today, My Lucky Day
- Recomended by Andyzero
- Pairing: Patchouli/OC
- Synopsis: Even in the bright world of gensoukoumuten; there are perceived dark parts of the worlds. In the violent slums of Makai; Patchouli meets a demon doctor who runs a clinic for anyone. A shining light in the darkest pit; he's there for two very important reasons. Because he can and because the need is great.
- Recomended by RN452
- Pairing: Not Marisa/Rinnosuke.
- Synopsis: Marisa's marriage day finally arrives. This is an opportunity to Rinnosuke to wonder what she means for him