Any and all appellations alluding to letters that are akin to one another.
Or put simply:
An Alliterative Title is when all the words in a work's title begin with the same letter. This can be done for varying reasons or effects, but more often than not, it's a catchy, easy way to remember the name of a work.
Often coincides with Added Alliterative Appeal
and Alliterative Name
or even Author Appeal
. Notice a trend?
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Benjamin Britten's Simple Symphony. The four parts have alliterative titles too: "Boisterous Bourrée", "Playful Pizzicato", "Sentimental Sarabande", and "Frolicsome Finale".
- "Cold, Calm and Collected" by The Rolling Stones.
- "Corporal Clegg" by Pink Floyd, from A Saucerful Of Secrets.
- "Femme Fatale" by Velvet Underground from The Velvet Underground And Nico.
- "Rebel Rebel" by David Bowie, from Diamond Dogs.
- "Red Right Hand" by Nick Cave, from Let Love In.
- "The Return of the Son of Monster Magnet" by Frank Zappa, from Freak Out.
- "Tip-Toe Through The Tulips" by Tiny Tim.
- "Wonderful World" by Sam Cooke.
- "Slim Slow Slider", from Van Morrison's Astral Weeks album.
- "Poems, Prayers, and Promises" by John Denver.
- The Smiths have a short album's worth of these: "Death of a Disco Dancer", Meat Is Murder, "Rubber Ring", "Rushholme Ruffians", "Shakespeare's Sister", "These Things Take Time", "Well I Wonder", "What's the World", "Wonderful Woman".
- Andrew Gold's famously catchy "Spooky Scary Skeletons". The lyrics themselves delightfully use as many words beginning with "s" and "sh" as possible.
- Back In Black by Music/ACDC.
- Back To Black by Amy Winehouse.
- Beggars Banquet by The Rolling Stones.
- Between The Buttons by The Rolling Stones.
- A Bigger Bang by The Rolling Stones.
- Bitches Brew by Miles Davis.
- Black And Blue by The Rolling Stones.
- ''Blonde On Blonde" by Bob Dylan.
- Bridges To Babylon by The Rolling Stones
- Coat Of Many Colors by Dolly Parton.
- Demon Days by Gorillaz.
- Diamond Dogs by David Bowie
- Duran Duran by Duran Duran.
- Friend or Foe by Adam Ant.
- Head Hunters by Herbie Hancock.
- Let Love In by Nick Cave.
- Lust For Life by Iggy Pop.
- Magical Mystery Tour by The Beatles.
- The Man-Machine by Kraftwerk.
- Metal Machine Music by Lou Reed.
- Odessey And Oracle by The Zombies.
- Out Of Our Heads by The Rolling Stones.
- Please Please Me by The Beatles.
- Road To Ruin by The Ramones.
- A Saucerful Of Secrets by Pink Floyd.
- Sketches For My Sweetheart The Drunk by Jeff Buckley.
- Sketches of Spain by Miles Davis.
- Smiley Smile by The Beach Boys.
- Songs For Swingin Lovers by Frank Sinatra.
- Station To Station by David Bowie.
- The Sun Sessions by Elvis Presley.
- Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd.