Taboo-Tattoo is a Fighting Series by Shinjirou about a boy who is given an odd tattoo on his palm by an old man whom he saves from a thug. Not long after he's got it, he meets a mysterious girl, who punches him in the face, and later steals his phone. Running after her gets him more than he bargained for, though, and he ends up drawn into the beginning of what might be the start of international war...
- Alternate History: After World War II, a new kingdom emerged and quickly became a super power. It's called the Kingdom of Selinistan
- Anyone Can Die
- Bad Ass Normal: Even before getting or activating his Spell Crest, Seigi was beating up thugs on the street and exchanging blows with Shields, though not very well in the latter.
- Bloody Murder: Invoked. Tom and Lizze tell Seigi that blood is his activation key, though this is a lie.
- Grey and Grey Morality: No side seems to be good, though admittedly that's through lack of information.
- Mauve Shirt: Strong contender for king of this trope. There are plenty of non-main characters who do get names and personality, but if they're the good guys, they could very well be offed in the very same chapter. Best examples are chapters 5 and 19.
- Mood Whiplash: Taboo-Tattoo has the frightening tendency to go from happy go lucky romantic comedy to bloody carnage in the space of a chapter.
- New Transfer Student: Lizzie.
- Older Than They Look: Lizzie.
- Panty Shot
- Patient Childhood Love Interest
- Power of the Void: Void Maker
- Power Tattoo
- Royals Who Actually Do Something
- Sphere of Destruction: Void Maker
- Super Empowering: Spell Crests, apart from granting a unique special ability, also boost the person's physical abilities in a variety of ways:
- Training from Hell: Seigi's grandfather.
- Transformation Trinket: Spell Crest's need specific materials to activeate. The material needed seems to be unique to each Spell Crest.
- Wager Slave