Comic Book: Dizzy Dames
Dizzy Dames (Tagline: 'Screwballs in Skirts') was an early 1950s humour anthology comic published by ACG. As the title suggests the stories were all female dominated, though the actual dizziness of the dames in question varied by character. The line up included:
- Broadway Babes: Denise and Dotty, two ambitious but not overly talented chourus girls and their repeated attempts to break into the world of show business.
- Moronica: The adventures of a gorgeous but empty headed young woman trying to get a steady job.
- Man-Huntin' Minnie of Delta Pu: A college based Abhorrent Admirer out for romance.
This Comic Book contains examples of:
- Anthology Comic
- Brainless Beauty: Several, but Moronica was by far the most prominent.
- Brainy Brunette: Denise one of the heroines of Broadway Babes, though her smarts were much more of the Zany Scheme variety and because of the lack of brains elsewhere. Dotty, her blonde co-star was not as sharp but also not dumb enough to qualify as a Dumb Blonde making her a Straight Man instead.
- Deadpan Snarker: Denise from Broadway Babes
- The Ditz: Most characters but maybe not the extent you'd expect from the title, with the 'dames' ranging from 'definitely stupid' to 'cunning but not very sensible'.
- Dumb Blonde: Moronica
- George Jetson Job Security: Moronica. If she began the comic with a new job chances were she wouldn't be ending it still employed.
- Gonk: Minnie, Knothead Nellie
- Small Name, Big Ego: Everyone!