open/close all folders
- In Tintin and the Picaros, Captain Haddock is saying to Professor Calculus that Tintin was wise not to come along with them to the Gilded Cage they're being held at:
Calculus: I can see our hosts have a true sense of hospitality. That's what I just said to him... And he entirely agrees with me.
Haddock: WHO agrees with you? And about WHAT?!
Calculus: Exactly, and what's more, he'll tell you so himself!
Tintin: Buenos dias, Captain!
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes #20. A conversation is held about how uneasy Supergirl makes everyone. Unfortunately, Supergirl has superhearing. Dream Boy attempts to warn everyone else but is ignored for long enough that this overlaps with Right Behind Me.
Films — Animation
- In Inside Out, we get this gem:
Fear: Oh, I wish Joy was here!
(Joy and Sadness crash into the window with a big *THONK*)
- Happens multiple times in Buffy the Vampire Slayer about various characters, usually when one is having problems, though sometimes the other characters don't take the hint.
- The Ferals has Rattus borrow a heap of money from "Big Bad Bruce" and when Modigliana mentions he has no way of paying the money back, Modi name drops the trope name when the ground shakes due to Big Bruce's arrival.
- Lampshaded in The Most Happy Fella, when Rosabella is singing that she loves Tony:
Cleo: Don't tell me, kid, tell him. Tell him exactly how. And like they say in a musical comedy— (dramatic chord) —here he comes now!
- William Shakespeare did it frequently and lampshaded it more than once. According to Elizabethan drama convention, this is to make clear to the audience that yes, the characters on stage has noticed the newcomer.
- Lampshaded in Tales of Lagoona 2: Peril at Poseidon Park when Theo the park handyman announces that local merchant Darby Finn is going to be stopping by later, only to have him appear immediately.
Theo: Scary timing!
Darby: I've been hiding in the bushes for an hour. I love a good entrance.
- Played for Laughs in Gunnerkrigg Court. Andrew makes things around himself "more orderly": if he tosses a bunch of cards without looking, they land in a neat and sorted deck. Add to that his girlfriend's teleportation powers and he began to announce her imminent arrival by pointing with hands and saying "BAM!". Due to those order-inducing powers, his guess as to when and where she appears "just happens to" be accurate — every time.