Blog: Gourmet Gaming
- I love to play video games and I love to eat. Preferably at the same time.
What's even better is eating the food from the game while I'm playing it.
This blog contains examples of:
- Artistic License: She tries to base her recipes on in-game images when possible, but she isn't afraid to improvise when none are available.
- Blazing Inferno Hellfire Sauce: Both her Dante's Inferno pizza from Devil May Cry and the Kirby's Dream Land Superspicy Curry are prone to inducing fire breath.
- Christmas Episode: Around Christmas, she does Christmassy recipes, like fruitcake and gingerbread. From appopriate games, of course!
- Comfort Food: Macaroni and cheese, according to her, is the ultimate in comfort foods.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef:
- She gets several friends to taste-test her recipes before sending them out into the wild, but some of them do sound a bit bizarre regardless. Examples include chocolate chip and nori cookies and Mountain Dew burger sauce, but they do actually taste good.
- She also done real-life versions of a few canon examples, such as the EarthBound peanut cheese bar and Deadly Premonition's Sinner's Sandwich.
- Cut a Slice, Take the Rest: She describes her EarthBound Peanut Cheese Bar recipe in this way:And when I say it makes six to eight bars, what I really mean is it makes one giant bar for one lucky person. Like me.
- Food Porn: As if the recipes weren't mouthwatering enough, she enjoys photographing them from enticing angles as well.
- Gamer Chick: Well, not many men are named "Daniella"...
- Impossibly Delicious Food: Even she was surprised at just how delicious Yeto's Soup from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ended up being. "This is actually one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted!"
- Masochist's Meal: Her take on the Superspicy Curry from Kirby's Dream Land is not for the faint of heart. She herself describes it as "like punching yourself in the face."
- Powerup Food: Several of her dishes are based on these.
- Satiating Sandwich: She's done a couple of sandwiches, including the famous Team Fortress 2 sandvich.
- Separated by a Common Language: She's from the UK, but has twice made American-style biscuits. She's noted her mental disconnect between what she thinks of as a "biscuit" (an American "cookie") and an American-style biscuit (closer to a British "scone").
- Supreme Chef: More impressive than usual in that Zelli is completely self-taught. She started off cooking simply by tweaking recipes she found in books, and simply practiced from there.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She notes that her Minecraft Mushroom Stew is only for people who really, really, really like mushrooms... including herself.