Webcomic: The Daily Derp
It is Daily! and Derpy!The Daily Derp is a gag-per-day fan webcomic drawn by Tetra since March 2012, featuring the clumsy pegasus Derpy Hooves from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. The strip is highly random; sometimes humorous, sometimes adorable, sometimes weird.Since December 2012, it is featured on the front page of the Derpy Hooves News website.New comics became less and less frequent throughout late 2013 and early 2014, until the series stopped updating entirely with Comic #359 in April 2014. The Daily Derp resumed regular turnout in the winter of 2014.
The Daily Derp contains examples of:
- Alliterative Title
- Art Shift: Is time to get serious...
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Derpy playing around with muffins.
- Black Bead Eyes: Everypony. Ironic, since Derpy is otherwise a character famous for her distinctive eyes.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Hello DerpyHoovesNews people!
- Browser Narcotic: In-universe: Imgur.
- Close-Up on Head: Derpy's upside down.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Derpy.
- Deliberately Monochrome: The entire strip is usually in four shades of gray.
- Door Dumb: Derpy Tip: Don't overlook the obvious.
- Filler Strips: The "404" strip, used a couple of times.
- Guest Strip: "The Mfn Dewrp"
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: A lot of the strip titles are a play on the phrase "The Daily Derp", or simply include the word "derp" somewhere. Even moreso in the older strips, which almost always had the title "The Daily Derp" with some letters changed randomly.
- Intentional Engrish for Funny: Derpy speaks with strange grammar sometimes, for example beginning her statements with "is".
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: "Best wishes for all of you in college/work/mars"
- Medium Awareness: What is this place?
- Ninja Prop: Derpy using the chapter number to fuel a bonfire.
- Oh Crap! There Are Fanfics of Us...: Derpy's reaction to reading a fanfic which involves her death. "I'm starting to dislike fanfics."
- Oven Logic: Bad idea.
- The Rant: One-line comments, usually said by Derpy herself. Originally called "Derpy Tips", even though they weren't always actual advice.
- Schedule Slip: A brief one throughout August 2012. A seemingly-permanent one from April 2014.
- Shout-Out: The Daily XKD3RP mimics XKCD.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: Derpy vs. candle.
- Time Passes Montage: Fishing.
- [Trope Name]: DERPY enters, something happens, Derpy Panics.
- Useful DVD Case: "I need another copy for my sofa."
- Word Puree Title: Early strips used this frequently. "Phe Duxly Derp", "Tma Daily Berp", "Th3 Drily Terp"...