open/close all folders
Muv Luv: One Last Time into the Loop by PaulXion
- Recommended by Gunbazca
- Status: Dead (Though has an impressively large backlog of chapters)
- Pairings: None
- Synopsis: Shirogane Takeru struggles against reality as he returns to the past one more time to change the fate the Alternate World. Armed with only the knowledge of the future and his incredible skills as a soldier, he prepares for the inevitable clash against BETA.
- Warnings: Diverges completely into non-canon after the battle of Sadogashima
- Recommended by MrTerrorist, WildGoose
- Status: Dead
- Synopsis: A comet. Once associated with oncoming despair and misfortune. Then, as a beautiful herald of change. Will a small change in American policy lead to a different outcome for the world? Or will the effect be ultimately remain the same? Or will world fall to ruin? Total Eclipse AU.
- Comments: In this well written, action packed AU fanfic, America has a change of policy and decides to take the war against the BETA more seriously rather than their own interests thanks to Secretary of Defense David Anderson and CIA Director Jack Harper. The fanfic mostly focuses on Yuuya Bridges, who in this timeline is a member of the Comets, a TSF unit from the newly formed United States Space Force who assist their allies by Drop Podding into enemy lines! The story takes an interesting turn when tragedy happens to America. A highly recommended read.
- Recommended by WildGoose, Grant MK 2
- Status: Dead
- Synopsis: Shirogane Takeru had been through hell more times than even he knew. Fighting through despair, failure, and the death of all he held dear, he fulfilled his goals and earned his rest. Yet, somewhere among the unlimited universes, a voice still calls out for him.
- Comments: Takeru went through hell in Alternative, but managed to be sent to Final Extra to live happily... except that today, he wakes up at the start of Alternative, and remembers what happened, and decides to try and make a better run of things.
- Recommended by Grant MK 2
- Status: Dead
- Pairings: Takeru/Meiya
- Synopsis: Takeru's eyes open to find himself in a hospital bed, inhabiting a new loop in an eerily familiar world. Many things have changed, but the worst of the previous world still remains. The BETA and Alternative V, and a burning desire for revenge. He struggles to find the answers as to why he was pulled into that world, and what he can do to save it.
- It isn't quite clear exactly what the story is yet, but currently at three chapters and nearly 23,000 words it manages to be interesting at least.
Project Ignition by Airship Canon
- Recommended by Sage The Mage
- Synopsis: Crossover with Armored Core For Answer. In the past, Humans fought the BETA. After a brutal war, humanity earned its victory at a terrible cost. However, in this day, where the mighty Lynx and the NEXT rule the battlefield... after the hero Strayed felled the Assault Cells... the BETA have returned to once again devour humanity.
- Comments: Surprisingly well blended Crossover, with some amazingly well written back-stories. Gets violent quick, though, and the main character definitely invokes some mixed feelings, considering he's a Jerkass, although, considering, he's frequently faced with the consequences of his actions I wouldn't say Jerkass Sue. Runs a cute romance story between the main character Adler and his childhood friend, Selene. Highly recommended, and Needs More Love.
- Recommended by Wild Goose
- Synopsis: Crossover with Macross Frontier. After the events of Kamchatka Peninsula, the XFJ Plan is reborn as 'Project Valkyrie'. As Captain Yui Takamura prepares to take the reins of her new command, Lieutenant Yuuya Bridges deals with a crisis of faith. Together, they will make the inauguration a day no one will ever forget.
- Comments: An interesting crossover; the initial concept is that a fold drive test causes a Negative Space Wedgie that dumps Strategic Military Services Ace Pilot Yuuya Bridges into the world of Total Eclipse. It's a fascinating and balanced look at the two verses, particularly the culture clash between Muv-Luv and Macross, and Yuuya's displacement into this world is not without consequences. First in a series of planned one-shots.
- Tropes page here.
- Recommended by: Wild Goose
- Synopsis: Two special operatives descend on Atsugi Base with the same mission: find and secure TSF technician Hibiki Tatsunami. Meanwhile, Eishi cadet Yuzuka Sendou meets the young boy in question and discovers he's more than he appears.
- Comments: The sequel to Try Again, timeskipping a few months, sees further development of the story, this time focusing on Hibiki Tatsunami, and his attempts to deal with the culture clash between the worlds of Macross Frontier and Muv-Luv, while at the same time adding in a bit of intrigue to the mix.
- Recommended by: Mr Terrorist
- Synopsis: Crossover with Mass Effect. After decades of war, Humanity purged the BETA from the Solar System. Now they set their sights on the stars.
- Comments: The story currently has two parts. The first follows Yuuya and Yui's descendant, Mari Bridges, a TSF pilot of an United Earth that has expanded to the stars after driving the BETA out of their Solar System where her fleet makes first peaceful contact with the Turians and battle the BETA. The second follows Commander Shepard in an alternative retelling of the 1st Mass Effect game.