Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
here, provided you don't get CHOMPed
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Muv-Luv
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped.
Nobody would back up the rec.
Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be. You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. You can do it by leaving a review, but please make sure it is substantive, or if you do not wish to leave a review by simply adding your handle to the recommended by line. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Do warn when a fanfic may head into non-canon
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
Add new examples at the bottom of the section, please. Oh, and definitely Needs More Loving Wiki Magic
open/close all folders
Authors and Websites
Muv Luv: One Last Time into the Loop
- Recommended by Gunbazca
- Pairings: None
- Synopsis: Shirogane Takeru struggles against reality as he returns to the past one more time to change the fate the Alternate World. Armed with only the knowledge of the future and his incredible skills as a soldier,he prepares for the inevitable clash against BETA.
- Warnings: None, unless depiction of bloody battles Squick you out.
by Alastor Mobius Toth
Muv-Luv: Breaking the Tide
- Recommended by MrTerrorist, WildGoose
- Synopsis: A comet. Once associated with oncoming despair and misfortune. Then, as a beautiful herald of change. Will a small change in American policy lead to a different outcome for the world? Or will the effect be ultimately remain the same? Or will world fall to ruin? Total Eclipse AU.
- Comments: In this well written, action packed AU fanfic, America has a change of policy and decides to take the war against the BETA more seriously rather than their own interests thanks to Secretary of Defense David Anderson and CIA Director Jack Harper. The fanfic mostly focuses on Yuuya Bridges, who in this timeline is a member of the Comets, a TSF unit from the newly formed United States Space Force who assist their allies by Drop Podding into enemy lines! The story takes an interesting turn when tragedy happens to America. A highly recommended read.
by Hitokiri OTD
- Recommended by WildGoose
- Synopsis: Shirogane Takeru had been through hell more times than even he knew. Fighting through despair, failure, and the death of all he held dear, he fulfilled his goals and earned his rest. Yet, somewhere among the unlimited universes, a voice still calls out for him.
- Comments: Takeru went through hell in Alternative, but managed to be sent to Final Extra to live happily... except that today, he wakes up at the start of Alternative, and remembers what happened, and decides to try and make a better run of things.
by Airship Canon
Muv-Luv: Do You Remember Luv - Try Again
- Recommended by Sage The Mage
- Synopsis: Crossover with Armored Core For Answer. In the past, Humans fought the BETA. After a brutal war, humanity earned its victory at a terrible cost. However, in this day, where the mighty Lynx and the NEXT rule the battlefield... after the hero Strayed felled the Assault Cells... the BETA have returned to once again devour humanity.
- Comments: Surprisingly well blended Crossover, with some amazingly well written back-stories. Gets violent quick, though, and the main character definitely invokes some mixed feelings, considering he's a Jerkass, although, considering, he's frequently faced with the consequences of his actions I wouldn't say Jerkass Sue. Runs a cute romance story between the main character Adler and his childhood friend, Selene. Highly recommended, and Needs More Love.
Muv-Luv: DYRL -Valkyries-
- Recommended by Wild Goose
- Synopsis: Crossover with Macross Frontier. After the events of Kamchatka Peninsula, the XFJ Plan is reborn as 'Project Valkyrie'. As Captain Yui Takamura prepares to take the reins of her new command, Lieutenant Yuuya Bridges deals with a crisis of faith. Together, they will make the inauguration a day no one will ever forget.
- Comments: An interesting crossover; the initial concept is that a fold drive test causes a Negative Space Wedgie that dumps Strategic Military Services Ace Pilot Yuuya Bridges into the world of Total Eclipse. It's a fascinating and balanced look at the two verses, particularly the culture clash between Muv-Luv and Macross, and Yuuya's displacement into this world is not without consequences. First in a series of planned one-shots.
, by Sasahara17
- Recommended by: Wild Goose
- Synopsis: Two special operatives descend on Atsugi Base with the same mission: find and secure TSF technician Hibiki Tatsunami. Meanwhile, Eishi cadet Yuzuka Sendou meets the young boy in question and discovers he's more than he appears.
- Comments: The sequel to Try Again, timeskipping a few months, sees further development of the story, this time focusing on Hibiki Tatsunami, and his attempts to deal with the culture clash between the worlds of Macross Frontier and Muv-Luv, while at the same time adding in a bit of intrigue to the mix.