Proof that the remaining 10% is worth going to one of Tiny Tina's tea-parties for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Borderlands 2
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
Do warn when a fanfic may head into non-canon
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping is Serious Business
. Please also be aware that, due to recent content policy changes, works that are Porn Without Plot
may not be linked to, including any work that is hosted on a certain meme.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
open/close all folders
Authors and Websites
Authors, and Websites
: by Shikaku Zetsumei
Gaige's Echo Logs
- Recommended by Discar
- Pairing: Angel/Zero
- Synopsis: Death on Pandora is a bit complicated. A young girl gets a chance at a life she never had, even if it is a bit... tense. An Angel-centric story
- Comments: Most Borderlands fics just ignore the New-U system, so it's nice to see some focus on that. Also gives Handsome Jack a little more sympathy, which is also rare.
- Recommended: by Slayer Jesse
- Pairing: N/A
- Synopsis: A telling of the game's main events in the style of Gaige continuing her ECHO-cast recordings.
- Comments: A lighthearted retelling of the game that is often humorous, but handles the game's dramatic moments well.
- Recommended by Nightshade1218
- Synopsis: A series of stand alone one-shots and missing moments featuring a variety of characters in no particular order or time. Expect a buffet of pairings for kicks and giggles.
- Comments: The characterization is spot-on, and the pairings are worked nicely.
No Gods, Only Guns
- Recommended by Metal King 1417, Zaptech, USA Bobcat
- Crossover with: Mass Effect
- Synopsis: Ancient artifacts of immense power. Murderous synthetics. Ruthless megacorps. Unscrupulous mercenaries. Genocidal stellar god-machines. Incompetent galactic governments. Claptrap dubstep. The horrors of the galaxy are many, but there's one thing a good, mentally-unstable fortune-seeking antihero can rely on: the gun at his, her, or its side. Mass Effect/Borderlands fusion.
- Comments: First off: Udina with an eye-patch and cyberarm! On a more serious note, the story is another fusion by Peptuck that combines Borderlands' general batshit insanity and over-the-top humor with the interstellar political drama and impending apocalypse of Mass Effect, with Lilith replacing Shepard.
- Digital Patriot: Definitely gotta recommend this. The author manages to combine the characters and atmosphere of both Mass Effect and Borderlands 2 near perfectly, while changing events up enough for it to be a true fusion, rather than just another "retread of Mass Effect with someone else in Shepard's Place". Also, I will see your Udina and raise you Torgue Urdnot.