Fanfic Recs: Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Mobile Suit Gundam 00
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Websites
One and Only Son
- Gift by Anne Fatalism Dilettante
- Recommended by: Evil Panda
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: Valentines Day special - Feldt shows Setsuna some appreciation with a flower. Feldt x Setsuna. Oneshot.
- Comments: Pure fluff/WAFF, and the interactions are in-character, too. Even if you don't support the pairing, it's worth a read.
(Code Geass Crossover
, trope page here
Hight of Power
- Recommended by: Steve the Corn Muffin, Cirexreview, papercut
- Status: Ongoing
- Synopsis: Code Geass/Gundam 00 crossover. After the Kingdom of Krugis falls to Britannia in 2004 ATB, Knight of One Bismarck Waldstein adopts a young Soran Ibrahim (Setsuna F. Sei) as his son and rechristens him as Alexander B. Waldstein. As he grows into a young man, Alexander must deal with all the hazards and intrigue of Britannian court politics, war, the growing issue of terrorism and unrest in the far east, romance, and his own personal insecurites of being a foreigner raised in a society of bigoted elitists. Oh, and the other Gundam 00 characters are going to be in it, as well.
- Comments: "One and Only Son" has a very professional feel to it. It's definitely the best Gundam 00/Code Geass crossover on FF.net so far. The writing is neat and meticulous, and Juubi-K has an absolutely perfect grip on the political situations of the various Areas. The story just recently finished up Alexander's early life, and will soon be dealing with the events of the show itself. How the presence of a determined, skilled KMF devicer who would have become the pilot of Gundam Exia and Gundam 00 in another time and place will influence the storyline has yet to be seen. But if the early chapters are any indication of what's to come, this is going to be a good one to keep watch on.
- McMaggot: Keep an eye out for every Gundam 00 fan's favorite red-haired, bearded sociopath.
- papercut: While a serious fic for the most part (Politics! Knightmares! Plots!), it does have its share of comedy. Setsuna/Alexander x Luluko = freaking hilarious
by Setsuna F. Satoru (Code Geass
, Death Note
, Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Crossover
Mobile Suit Gundam 00: The Unicorn Awakens
by nz-999-schwarzritter (Mobile Suit Gundam 00
, Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
00 Frozen Teardrops
- Recommended by Criticanon
- Status: Ongoing
- Synopsis: A freshly started fic that takes place in the U.C. At the beginning of Unicorn, highlights include Exia and the Kshatriyah having a massive sword fight in Industrial Seven, Full Frontal going up against all four of the Gundam Meisters, and fighting them to a draw.
- Expect many favorite characters from both UC and 00 to appear: Graham Aker and the Overflags are actually the Tri-Stars in this fic; and our favorite terrorist, Ali Al-Saachez, appears as an employee of Martha Vist.
- So far, it's been close to Unicorn's storyline; however, Marida is spared from being captured by Banagher, and is instead taken to the Ptolemy by Setsuna, who seems to have a thing for her...; furthermore many characters that have (so far)died in the OVA have been spared with the exception of Daguza Mackle.
- Moment of Awesome: Many; The multiple three-way battles in the first chapter are executed greatly, despite the author's jarring wording. The best example is the battle between Full Frontal in his Sinanju, the Londo Bell Forces, and the Meisters. What makes it so awesome is the fact that, Full Frontal MANAGES TO ACTUALLY DUEL THE MEISTERS TO A DRAW ALL BY HIMSELF, WHILE CUTTING THE NAHEL ARGAMA DOWN AT THE SAME TIME. No wonder they call him the Red Comet...
- The moment when Setsuna goes berserk against Banagher after seeing Marida's past, managing to ACTUALLY DAMAGE THE UNICORN, even when it was in Destroy Mode.
- Moment of Heartwarming: Setsuna's apparent understanding of Marida makes him to act a little out of character, and their interaction is overall quite moving. Considering the fact that they have similar pasts, it is to be somewhat expected. Also, the way he stops her convulsions and panic attacks might even cause Manly Tears to anyone who is sensitive enough.
- Langley manages to save Loni from her death and, thanks to several convenient circumstances, he actually convinces her stop from all the killing.
- Xamusel: I second the recommendation. It really helps that the fic allows for some of the nicer guys to live, and I've developed into a fanboy for Loni Garvey because of her tragic death, so it was nice to see Langley convincing her to get out of the Shamblo before whoever destroyed it could kill her. If I were to give it a rating out of 20, I'd say 19, if only because the spelling and grammar were hard to get past on their own.
- This Troper, Xamusel, would like to comment that the author put the story on pause for until the next OVA could be released, as the author mentioned in this new story called The Search for a Purpose featuring Ple Two and the cast of 08th MS Team.
- Mobile Suit Porn: A term used by Soul Bro from MAHQ. Like its OVA counterpart, the latest chapter, "The Avalanche", features not only those mechas shown in the episode, but also many other mobile suits that were featured in other OVAs and side-stories, including the Z'Gok-E and Hygogg from 0080, the F2-type from 0083, and the Agg and Guncannon Heavy Arms Type from MSV, among many, many others.
- Recommended by Th4nato5
- Synopsis: A cold war is about to heat up at the hands of Celestial Being, the Preventers find themselves heading to a new battlefield to face a new enemy. Will hell freeze over as frozen teardrops drift through space?
- Comments: From the same author who authored Operation Winged Seed and Waltzing with Destiny, this time the cast from the previous book returns and participate in the events that occur in Gundam 00. The author also includes the cast and events from the side stories of Gundam 00 and Gundam Wing Frozen Teardrop. Again, the characters and events between both universes are very well blended and makes it very interesting to read.