Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for The Penguins of Madagascar
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. No-name recommendations will be zapped
. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
by Laburnum Steelfang
(Now has its own tropes page
- Recommended by: Jcatgrl and Zadia
- Synopsis: When the penguins overhear Julien getting a checkup, they also hear the vet speaking to a female, but the only one in there besides the vet was Julien...
- Pairing(s): None.
- Tags: Deals with Transsexual themes, including (non-abusive but ignorant) transphobia. Also contains minor instances of violence and self-harm, and information about lemur anatomy which some may find disturbing.
(has a tropes page under construction.
Not My Shoes
- Recommended by: Shadowwing09
- Synopsis: When the penguins mysteriously disappear for awhile, Marlene, missing her friends, visits their habitat, only to discover Tape Recordings Skipper left behind. This results in startling revelations about Skipper's past, including how he first met Rico, Kowalski, and Private
- Pairing(s): Skipper/Marlene
- Comments: After the first chapter, the next several are from Skipper's point of view as he records his thoughts. Each section is short but sweet, and to the point. It's clear from the narrative that the author is covering the events of the first two movies (this was before the third movie came out) and seeing it from Skippers military mindset is pretty neat. Before then, the author even offers a very plausible explanation for how Skipper obtained his current position and troops. Sadly, it doesn't cover the events of the show, but Skipper chapters end when Skipper confesses to being in love with Marlene, and the narrative returns to the present time for the final few chapters. Even if you're not interested in Skilene shipping the chapters prior to that are a creative and enjoyable speculation on Skipper's past exploits. Honestly? The part where Skipper reveals Rico's favorite word ALONE is worth it, and this story even explands on events from the movies, such as the Tunnel Cave in from the first movie or Skipper marrying Lola in the second.
- Recommended by: youfeelingluckypunk27
- Synopsis: This fanart has the penguins switching bodies with each other; Skipper is now in Private's body, Private now in Kowalski's, Kowalski now in Rico's and Rico now in Skipper's. It's only an idea of a story but man, it is hilarious!
by Myde the Turk
Welcome to Park Avenue
- Reccomended by: Soledad
- Pairings: Skipper/Hans Puffin, Kowalski/Rico
- Synopsis: This humanized fic is built from a series of one word prompts spawning fics of a few paragraphs that eventually wove themselves into a compelling complex multiverse. A very good read.
by Crystal Volcheck
Heart of a Friend
- Recommended by: Awkward Writer
- Synopsis: Part of a humanized series that takes a (sometimes)darker, more exciting look at the show. This story focuses on Marlene moving to New York and how she meets The Penguins, leading up to her joining in on a mission to protect Julien.
- Comments: Just under 10,000 words in 5 Chapters, this is great fic that focuses on characters rather than pairings, although a few are hinted at. It's a nice break from other tPoM stories, with fresh new characterizations and light humor all while still keeping close to character personalities. A must read.
- Recommended by: Darkwing Snark
- Status: Ongoing
- Synopsis: Skipper gets kidnapped by a lovestruck Hans, causing the main cast to freak out. Meanwhile, Doctor Blowhole has his own scheme...
- Pairing: Hans/Skipper (Skans Slashfic)
- Comments: Ongoing story, as of this moment the troper adds the recommendation, but one that's already over 31,000 words and updated constantly. The writer has a great sense of humor, and has a good grasp of character dialogue. I've especially been enjoying her characterization of Hans the Puffin. A must read.
by Alis Grave Nil
- Recommended by: Darkwing Snark
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: After Rico begins to initiate some strange behavior towards the team's analyst, Kowalski finds himself flustered and curious. Which leads him to testing out the phenomenon for SCIENCE!
- Pairing: Kowalski/Rico (Kico slashfic)
- Comments: Oh dear lord, this story is adorable. Not only is it "daww" worthy, but it genuinely has moments where I've laughed out loud. They GET these characters, and they know how to write a great "feel good" story. Please, DO give it a chance.