Fanfic Recs: Ciaphas Cain
Proof that you can bluff your way through the galaxy and people will still tell tales about your heroism for the ages!
These are recommendations made by tropers for Ciaphas Cain
, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM!
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. After a few samples, you will be able to note the interests of the tropers recommending them, and judge whether you might be also interested in a certain 'fic.
Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found herenote
. Do warn when a fanfic may head into sexualnote
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
Reviews of fics are encouraged, but if you choose to write one, please make it substantive, and give specific details about what you liked/disliked in the fic. If you want to give a fic a thumbs-up without writing a full review, you can add your troper handle to the Recommendations Line. Please refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Title of the Fanfic by Author OR Fic Trope Page, by Author (Link)
Recommended by: Troper Name
- Synopsis: What's the story about? Give here a brief summary of the plot. It would be also useful to point out in what moment of the series the story takes place. If it's a Gen Fic but it has some romantic elements, note here the characters involved too.
- Pairing(s): If it's a Shipping Fic, list here the pairings that feature in the fic (warn here if it's het, male slash or female slash). If it's a Gen Fic, remove this line. To tell the difference between the two, notice if the focus of the fic is on a romantic relationship or if it focuses on the other aspects of the story. In case of doubt, classify the story according to the genres it's been tagged: the Romance tag for Shipping, absence of that tag for Gen Fic.
- Tags: If any are known. This would be things like WAFF, Lemon, Dark Fic, any known crossovers etc.
open/close all folders
Authors and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
by the Naked Pen
- Recommended by Emerald, Specialist290, Cryptic Mirror
- Synopsis: With Commissar Ciaphas Cain lounging around in a luxurious hospital with a broken leg, he finally seems to be out of danger. But when a Chaos shuttle rams the building and cultists swarm the corridors, a Commissar's gotta do what a Commissar's gotta do.
- Tags: Original Flavour
Bane of Cain
- Recommended by Duras1989
- Synopsis:The 41st Millenium is coming to an end, the 13th Black Crusade is at it's peak,countless worlds destroyed, by the Great Enemy, The Orks run rampant, the Tau have expanded, The Eldar are attacking, the Necrons are awakening, the Golden Throne is breaking down, and our favorite commisar drinks his last cup of tanna, as his final adventure unfolds
- Tags: Original Flavour
by the Naked Pen
Service in His Shadow
- Recommended by Specialist290, Cryptic Mirror
- Synopsis: Our favorite Hero of the Imperium is once again thrust into a dangerous situation, having reluctantly agreed to aid an insane daemonhunter in his quest to vanquish a Khornate beast.
by Mike Stormm
On Emperor's Day
- Recommended by Gadeel, The Wandering Monster
- Synopsis: Commissar Ariel Abel didn't want much in life, just to work her job and get credit when credit was due. Too bad her career's about to be overshadowed by the enormous, and fraudulent, reputation of Hero of the Imperium, Commissar Ciaphas Cain.
by Mike Stormm
- Recommended by The Wandering Monster
- Synopsis: Holiday cheer is in full effect as Commissars Cain and Abel and the Valhallan 597th celebrate Emperor's Day. But in the 41st millennium, the big red man coming down the chimney isn't your friend!
Stories which crossover with other characters or works.
by Academia Nut
by Obsessed Nuker
- Recommended by SAMAS
- Synopsis: Cain and the Valhallan 597th find themselves sharing an assignment with another unit: the 6th Mid-Chlidan, and their infamous (but cute!) white-suited Commissar.
- Tags: Crossover with Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.
- Note: This story has only had one chapter published in two years and may be dead.
Accidental Hero of the Galaxy
- Recommended by SAMAS, Cryptic Mirror
- Synopsis: Immediately after finally conquering the Earth, the God-Emperor of Man discovers a tiny baby girl on the battlefield. An infant reincarnation as powerful as he is, thrown from her home dimension by a spiteful act of the forces of Chaos. The Emperor gains a daughter. The Primarchs gain Neo-Queen Serenity as their big sister... Fast forward ten thousand years where the Galaxy may be Grim, but not nearly as Dark. Ciaphas Cain and the 597th have been deployed to the world of planet of Hades VI to help it's eccentric and heavily-armed PDF with an Ork Incursion. In the midst of battle, Cain stumbles upon a capsule containing something that inspires even him to selfless devotion: An Anima of the Imperium, Daughter of the Emperor, but you may call her Hotaru. Has its own trope page.
- Tags: Crossover with Sailor Moon.
More Tales from the Black Millenium
- Recommended by Sithking Zero
- Synopsis: Commander Shepard. Hero of the Skyllian Blitz. First human Spectre. Kleptomaniac Hero. Potential savior of humanity and the known galaxy. Pity no one asked him what HE thought of all this...
- Tags: fusion of Cain with Mass Effect. Note: doesn't actually have Ciaphas, but follows the story of Mass Effect with a very Cain-esque Shepard, complete with footnotes at the end of every chapter.
by Michael Khale
A Squelch of Empires
- Recommended by Dellanotte
- Synopsis: "Wherein Blackadder meets Ciaphas Cain. Hilarity ensues."
- Tags: Humor, Crossover with Blackadder.]
by Eleventh Century Remnant
- Recommended by Tropers/Mew_at_heart
- Synopsis: A research project by the Galactic Empire creates a bridge between the universes of Star Wars and Warhammer 40,000 and Imperial forces on each side travel across. On the Warhammer 40,000 side, both the somewhat unorthodox captian of the (Galactic) Imperial deep recon ship Black Prince and our favorite Hero of the Imperium (of Man) try to keep both sides from killing each other and keep the (Galactic) Empire's much faster ships out of the appendages of Chaos. On the Star Wars side, Amberly Veil and her retinue try to survive after the squabbling of her fellow Inquisitors botches the crossing of the Imperium (of Man)'s attack group.
- Highlights include, but are not limited to, some very Scottish (and borderline-heretical) Astartes, Cain goading a Khornate-posessed (Galactic) Imperial capital ship into suicide by stupidity, and (Galactic) Imperial stormtroopers epically failing to obey Tzeentchian influence.
- Another highlight is the following hilarious description of the actions of a chaos-corrupted Galactic Empire ship: Ex-HIMS Bucinator was, absurdly, frolicking. It was hard to get a seven-kilometre battle cruiser to do that, but whatever controlling intelligence was in charge on board, it was firing the main engines in an irregular-spiral pattern, sending the ship tumbling this way and that; good evasion, but hopeless fire tactics.
- Tags: Humor, Crossover with Star Wars
Stories whose primary focus is on romantic or sexual relationships between the cast.
No such material has been released, as it covers personal matters of no interest to anyone else.
Amberly Vail, Ordos Xenos.