Proof that the remaining 10% is worth turning into a zombie...
Well, actually, no, they're not, but they're still pretty good.
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for World War Z Fan Fics
, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
Do warn when a fanfic may head into sexually explicit
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Websites
by skipperxotter (If you've actually read the book, there shouldn't be anything in here more Squicky
or scary then what's already in the book.)
The Way Is Shut
- Recommended by loracarol
- Pairing(s): Nothing with any of the book characters, hints amoung the OC's, but nothing out there.
- Synopsis: A drabble series based off of WWZ, that's about it summary-wise.
- Comments: This is a good fic for the WWZ crowd, especially since it only shows small snippets of the overall plot, just like in the book. When the author wants it to be specific as to who is talking, she uses her OC's, a group of "ordinary" soldiers (if ordinary can be applied to anyone who fights Zack). Some chapters make the people in WWZ and her drabble series into cards for Magic: The Gathering, and that can be a little confusing if you haven't played the game before.
by The Dark Scribbler.
- Recommended by Martine Brooke, jaimeastorga2000, trekie140
- Pairing(s): None with book characters.
- Synopsis: An interview with the man who led the first team into post-War North Korea.
- Comments: Slight horror, but nothing worse than the book (although that's not saying much). Although it clears up the ambiguity of what on earth happened in North Korea, the exploration of the outcome is very plausible. The piece is very well-written and researched.
Rush Down Darkness
- Recommended by Sylvia Viridian
- Pairing(s): House/Wilson
- Synopsis: Crossover with House. Details the survival of the community that occupied Princeton University during the zombie war, from the perspective of one Dr. Greg House.
- Comments: Very true to the feel of the original book. This was actually the fanfic that got me into World War Z in the first place. It focuses on House and Wilson, with the rest of the cast having fled elsewhere like the sensible people they are - it mentions that Cuddy made it to Israel before the borders closed - but the shipping is secondary to the overall story of their survival.