These are recommendations made by Tropers for Worm
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors, and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
by Tana Nari
A Tale of Transmigration
- Recommended by Esseresse
- Synopsis: The Slaughterhouse 9 push Amy enough that she started pushing back. Also Bonesaw makes a Working Pegasus.
- Recommended by jderig
- Synopsis: After the events of Golden Morning, Taylor wakes up as a younger version of herself just after the locker incident. She quickly discovers that she is no longer in her original reality, and that her new home has some changes when compared to her old...
- Recommended by pyrotorch246, Sheaman3773
- Synopsis: Abreaction has the same basic premise as Here Be Dragons, so Taylor gets Lung's powers instead of her canon ones, and one day she snaps. The story starts after she's been captured by the PRT, and explores just how thoroughly broken Taylor is instead of focusing on a Roaring Rampage of Revenge. It also manages to be even more depressing than Worm ever was, which takes some doing.
by Cerulean can be found on Spacebattles
Bug On A Wire
- Recommended by russianspy1234, Ragnar The Semi Green
- Synopsis: Atonement is an AU where Madison triggers with powers not unlike Spiderman. She and Taylor do not become friends.
- Seconded. Of particular note is the author's update pace. The story, now in its 13th arc, started on September 26th. So far, the author has been posting a minimum of four chapters of roughly three thousand words every week.
(Spacebattles thread here
) by jacobk
- Recommended by RazorSmile, Ack Sed, Sheaman3773
- Synopsis: No crossover, no alternate trigger events, just Taylor deciding to go the pure vigilante route and making an unexpected ally. Hilarity Ensues.
by notes. [COMPLETED] and sequel, Wake
- Recommended by RazorSmile, USA Bobcat, Nuit Tombee, Faraway_2, Sheaman3773
- Synopsis: Another high-quality non-crossover, Taylor joins the Wards, only for tragedy to strike. Cue Strategically Calculated Rampage of Revenge.
- Recommended by Ack Sed. Seconded by Robinton
- Synopsis: Lung's gang is attacked by an insane, giggly robot. The fight attracts the attention of the Protectorate. Before anyone can do anything, though, other robots of the same design shut her down and spirit her away. Who is their mysterious creator?
- Robinton's one complaint: Clockwork's power is, frankly, overpowered. It should be 2-4 powers, not 1. To contrast, everything else: Clockwork gets pitted against enough opponents to largely make up for her overpoweredness, the story has twice its fair share of CMOHs and CMOAs, and it recently got readers to cheer for Armsmaster.
- Recommended by russianspy1234, Faraway_2, Sheaman3773, sablin27
- Synopsis: Billed as a sequel to Worm, however Taylor is not on Earth Aleph, but on a different unexplored Earth instead. Capes have only started to emerge very recently, and Taylor is trying to stay out of it and lead a normal life. Emphasis on "trying."
by Lost Demiurge
- Recommended by Gentlemens Dame 883, sablin27
- Synopsis: In many realities the Undersiders' wish for a Tinker never gets granted. In this one, however, they get something that may or may not be even better - a Mad Scientist Tin Tyrant who is most definitely not DOOM!
- Recommended by sablin27
- Synopsis: After Scion's defeat, Defiant was ready to sacrifice everything to fix Dragon's damaged programming and free her from Teacher's constraints—or so he thought. What actually happened, however, was something that neither of them were prepared for. (Incomplete.)
- Also available on AO3.
- Recommended by Gentlemens Dame 883
- Synopsis: There are probably few if any universes where Lung is a hero. In this one, however, she is more of an Anti-Villain than canon's version could ever aspire to be, and that changes a lot when a certain bug-controller makes a first foray into capedom. Yes, I said "she". No, that was not a mistake.
Heels Over Head
- Recommended by Racheakt, Sheaman3773
- Synopsis: Everything about my powers was wrong. Everything about everything was wrong. Nothing had been right in weeks.
by Hotdog Vendor
Here Be Dragons
- Recommended by Doineedaname, Sheaman3773
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: When Taylor Triggers she gains Lung's powers. After months of holding back she finally snaps when Emma pushes her too far and begins a Roaring Rampage of Revenge.
Hope Comes To Brockton Bay
- Recommended by Lavanya Six, Sheaman3773, nitewind
- Synopsis: Panacea-centric POV, no pairings. Taylor gets a transfer to Arcadia, and meets Amy on the day of the bank robbery. They strike out as independent heroes, Taylor applying the full force of her munchkinry to Amy's powers.
[COMPLETED] by Ack
- Recommended by Hjgz89
- Synopsis: An angelic superhuman from another dimension arrives in the Wormverse. And she has one superpower no one else has: being nice. Hope then proceeds to completely overthrow the status quo.
- Recommended by Ragnar The Semi Green
- Synopsis: Taylor starts off with a fully functional Queen Administrator shard, with the added ability to copy and "manage" knowledge and skills present in others. Instead of going the villain route, Taylor decides to become a Rogue, dedicated to the restoration of Brockton Bay. Taylor is overpowered, but has self-inflicted chains in the form of her morality and hatred of bullies. However, Taylor being Taylor, this doesn't particularly hinder her efforts.
- Recommended by Racheakt, nitewind
- Synopsis: Taylor didn't have any idea who this strange girl was, but she was grateful for the ice cream all the same, and the kind words even more. At the darkest period of her life, Taylor has a chance encounter with a stranger calling herself 'Lisa'. ATTACH. GROW.
(prologue) and Shattered Glass
- Recommended by Gorkamorka, Zeyrha, Sheaman3773
- Synopsis: Looking Glass is a Master-class parahuman with a superpower that allows him to summon a female version of himself as a spectral minion. A Psychic Link allows the two to share information with each other instantaneously and he primarily uses his abilities as a scout of for the rest of his group. Together, they deal with small-time crooks, low-level parahuman crimes, and... paperwork.
But Glass is keeping a secret from the others... his powers aren't quite what they appear to be...
- Tags: Trope page; AU; OCs; Complete at 24 chapters.
- Recommended by: Faraway_2, Gentlemens Dame 883, nitewind
- Synopsis: Taylor Hebert's shard is the administrator. Let's see what happens if it looked at administration differently...
- Spoilers and Clinchers: In this story, Taylor Hebert is a Striker/Trump, Power Manager. Taylor's Administration Shard allows her, by touch, to take or give power to parahumans. Seraviel is also known for issuing a "Beta Call" in the form of a Shout-Out to a serial, book or film, that is no less awesome than the chapter to the series.
- Reviews on the trope page
- Recommended by Gentlemens Dame 883
- Synopsis: After a particularly bad day, Danny triggers as Earth Bet's worst Tinker. But even a bad Tinker has potential no mundane inventor can match, and when sinister forces come calling, Danny must fight to protect his and Taylor's way of life.
by Frantic Author
- Recommended by spacemonkey37
- Synopsis: In some worlds, Taylor is a hero. In others, a villain. And sometimes, however rarely, she walks the lines betwixt and between.
- Recommended by Racheakt, Sheaman3773, nitewind
- Synopsis: What is different is the outcome. If Eden had been even slightly better prepared, Propogation is what might very well have transpired. "The Cycle must continue."
THE TECHNO QUEEN (Worm AU, humour, with extra HAM&CHEESE!)
and other contributors
- Recommended by Racheakt
- Synopsis: The King is dead. Long live the Queen. AU.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
- Recommended by Zeyrha, Sheaman3773
- Synopsis: You know that one gamer, the one who breaks into every house and turns the place inside-out in their search for loot? That adventurer who slaughters everything in their path for XP? What if the events of Worm were a group of friends simply playing a pen & paper RPG? What if the protagonist could best be described as one such adventurer?
by FineBalancer. (Space Battles
Stories with some characters of one Verse into a different one, or just with characters of different settings / stories. Can amp up to Mega Crossover.
- Pairings: Amy/Taylor
- Recommended by Lavanya Six, Faraway_2
- Synopsis: Post-Leviathan, Taylor is living in a shelter, angry and adrift. A chance encounter puts her on a different course as she struggles to correct previous mistakes, and find a place for herself in this nebulous world of heroes and villains. (AU, post 8.07)
Fiend, or how I learned to stop worrying and love the Green Sun
- Recommended by Ack Sed
- Synopsis: You can do a lot with determination. For instance, your commitment to justice when you're shoved into a locker could attract the attention of a planet-sized machine god, who then decides to gift you with a brand-new machine body with all sorts of cool powers. But there's always a price for power. Always.
) by logiccosmic
- Recommended by RazorSmile, throwaawy, and spacemonkey37
- Synopsis: Taylor Hebert failed in her moment to become something more. But with her failure, she was Chosen.
by Biigoh (multiple threads, first one here
. Fanfiction.net version here
Memoirs Of A Human Flashlight
- Recommended by Leliel
- Synopsis: Author's: Trapped in darkness, drowning beneath the sound of skittering things in the walls, Taylor connected with something infinitely greater.
by Golden Lark
She Who Skitters In Shadows
- Recommended by Ack Sed, spacemonkey37, nitewind
- Synopsis: Taylor stops and thinks, examining why the bullying is going on. A carefully-worded email to the PRD bullying helpline leads to the bullying stopping - in the most dramatic way possible.
) by Gibbousmoons
- Recommended by RazorSmile, Ack Sed and spacemonkey37
- Synopsis: Taylor Hebert, She Who Skitters in Shadows, is Earth Bet's first Abyssal Exalt. Yes, that's one of the nasty kinds. Good thing she's such a nice person, eh? Chapters come in 5-7 separate thousand word installments, and six chapters have been posted.
- Status: Dead. The author did thoughtfully post an outline of things that could have been, covering the events up to "just after Leviathan".
- Recommended by Gentlemens Dame 883, Faraway_2
- Synopsis: At the end, instead of the one who canonically found her, Taylor is instead found by the Unconquered Sun and granted a Solar Exaltation. Now, with the aid of some unlikely allies, she will set the worlds right again.
- Status: Dead
by Nexus The Dark
- Recommended by Esseresse
- Crossovers with: Warhammer 40k
- Synopsis: In the locker Taylor is approached by the GODS OF CHAOS and asked to choose which one to worship. Taylor chooses all of the above.
A Cloudy Path
A Survivor Is Born
- Recommended by Lavanya Six
- Crossovers with: Supreme Commander
- Synopsis: Solo Tinkers are rare in the Wormverse, and Taylor Hebert has the unfortunate privilege of learning why.
by Heather Sinclair
- Recommended by mikemerc
- Crossovers with: Tomb Raider (2013)
- Synopsis: After Taylor returns from Yamatai, she just wants her life to go back to normal. The PRT, on the other hand, wants to know how she wound up killing over 400 people and walked away with only a few scars.
- Notes: AU for both game and Worm. Shadow Stalker is a little saner than in canon, emphasis on "little".
by (Fantasy Ra
An Imago of Rust and Crimson
- Recommended by: Sheaman3773, Gentlemens Dame 883
- Crossovers with: Mass Effect
- Synopsis: A crossover between Mass Effect and Worm, with an age-adjusted and dimensionally-displaced Shepard stuck in Brockton Bay. While out collecting 'salvage' from a local gang safehouse, he happens across Lung and the costumed (but as yet unnamed) Taylor midfight, and decides to help out. This looks to be the start of a beautiful friendship...and maybe, something more?
- Status: Ongoing
by Earth Scorpion
- Recommended by Racheakt and spacemonkey37
- Crossovers with: New World of Darkness
- Synopsis: Are we all just insects, blindly squirming through life? Will we all die tomorrow when an Endbringer shows up? Who's the person thinking this? Who's the person reading this? Hell, who's the person writing this?
Hope Through Overwhelming Firepower
- Recommended by Ack Sed
- Crossovers with: The Gamer
- Synopsis: Annette Rose-Hebert, lecturer at community college, mother of Taylor Hebert, wife of Danny, triggers as The Gamer after a car crash. Now she can read textbooks with a touch, gain skills from reading, see her health and attributes as a number and receives quests from... somewhere. What on Earth does she do now?
Meh, I Can Take Them All
- Recommended by Assana73
- Crossovers with: Diebuster
- Synopsis: Wherein the greatest threat to humanity is keeping Taylor happy.
- Recommended by Zergman
- Crossovers with: Onepunchman
- Synopsis: Worm is a story containing Superheroes! Angst! It gets worse! Villains! Grief! It gets worse! Warlords! Bullies! Monsters! It gets even worse! Politics! Evil Conspiracies! Face-heel turns! The End of the World! And Doing the Wrong Things for Right Reasons! ... Gah, that sucks. Let's rewind to the start, add a little something more. Stir thoroughly, bake, and serve. Mmm... cake...
Mother Of Vengeance
- Recommended by Angel Form
- Crossovers with: Birthright.
- Synopsis: Taylor kills a monster and inherits its power. The universe is never going to be the same again.
- Recommended by Ack Sed, nitewind
- Crossovers with: Super Mario Bros.
- Synopsis: Good news - Taylor Hebert got powers! Bad news - She has ever-so-slightly shattered her psyche in the process. Good news - These little Shy Guys can do just about anything she desires.
- Recommended by spacemonkey37, nitewind
- Crossovers with: Cthulhu Mythos
- Synopsis: Where a girl finds true friends when she looks within. And where friends see what lies beneath the surface.
The Crisis Of Taylor Hebert
- Recommended by thegreatpl
- Crossovers with: The World Ends with You
- Synopsis: Music and Colour bring freedom and a new player to the dark streets of Brockton Bay. The Composer has arrived, and she intends on playing her song for all to hear.
- Has a tropes page Synesthesia.
by The Divine Demon
" by jcw3
- Recommended by Sol Mark-1
- "Crossover with:" The Gamer, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Synopsis:" Rather than triggering with her canon power, Taylor instead gains the ability to travel through dimensions, with the additional bonus of the Gamer's power.
- Be aware this is a quest, not a normal fanfic.
- Has a tropes page "Nexus Quest"