Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for Scrubs Fan Fics
, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
Do warn when a fanfic may head into non-canon
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Websites
Bells of Tomorrow
- Recommended by: Storm Requiem
- To put simply, Bells writes amazing Scrubs fanfiction- the range between humour, angst and drama are incredible and definitely worth checking out. My personal favourite is "His First Girls Name" and "My Thin Line", the former being comedy and the latter being a blend of drama/angst, as well as some character exploration. She mostly focuses on Dr. Cox and JD, but Elliot, Jordan and other characters appear in her stories as well.
''Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.'
My Captive Audience
- Recommended by: genisgone
- Synopsis: JD shouldn't get so involved. He's been told. He should have listened. ANGST, DRAMA, WARNING: torture, both physical and mental, and all sorts of uglies.
- Comments: Um, how does one comment on ''My Captive Audience, except to say that it's exceptional, though very much not everyone's cup of tea. Aside from a few British-American translation difficulties, the voices are all spot on. Also, yes, the warnings are serious and this fic is quite dark, but it's commendable for the fascinating, three-dimensional, and dare I say sympathetic villain, as well as fairly accurate and thought-out handling of severe PTSD.
My Brain Slug
by Insane Troll Logic
- Scrubs / Animorphs
My Deadly Little Secret
- Recommended by B 2 WM and Guvnorium
- Synopsis: So Turk just extracted a brain slug from a patient, JD’s being stalked by a red-tailed hawk and Cox has been acting a little different. Not exactly your average day at Sacred Heart.
- Comments: Quite possibly the weirdest matchup I've ever seen with this fandom, yet the voice is perfect. JD and the Animorphs are true to character. Very much worth checking out.
- Quite possibly the best crossover I have ever read. A hearty seconding of this recommendation.
and it's sequels My SoCalled Afterlife
, Shadows of the Grave
, His Freefall
, and lastly, the as-to-date unfinished Don't Fear The Reaper
By deranged black kitten of doom
- Scrubs / Dead Like Me
Just Like House Without The Limp
- Recommended by: Kittastrophe
- Synopsis: This is the secret I hold. It's the one big thing about me that none of my friends know and with good reason too.' A suicide patient shakes things up at Sacred Heart Hospital. JD's POV.
by Riona - Scrubs / House
- Recommended by Cryptic Mirror
- Synopsis: JD has come down with something nasty, now not only must Perry Cox deal with the fact he couldn't diagnose him, but also the insinuations that their relationship is more than just professional.