Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Sorcerer's Apprentice
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Websites
- Recommended by Hexling30
- Comments: A great author. Writes with delicate details that make her stories interesting, and hard to turn away from. The characters are always in-character and nothing is OOC. She has a couple of O Cs, but they contribute to her stories nicely.
Against All Odds
- Recommended by clanks, bookwormgal
- Synopsis: A year has past since the events of the movie. The line between this world and the supernatural has suddenly grown thinner. Dave has to stop the oncoming darkness before it engulfs the world. Easier said than done.
- Comments: Is wonderful with settings. It feels like you're actually in the story. Has a lot of thrilling action, not to mention the mystery and edge it works into the fic. Unfortunately, on hiatus for quite some time.
The Morganian Father
- Recommended by clanks
- Synopsis: "Without his ring, a sorcerer is powerless." No matter who you are, unless you are of Merlin's blood, this is a fact. Even if you're a Sorcerer of the 777th Degree... Even if you are Balthazar Blake.
- Comments: Amazing. Perfect for those who want a good story with lots of feeling. She writes everyone perfectly, and there is so much emotion and anguish in the story. Makes sense and flows well with the plotline.
- Recommended by Hexling30, bookwormgal
- Synopsis: "There's something wrong with him," Becky said, frowning as she spoke. "It's the way he looks whenever his father's brought up." Veronica smiled at her. "It can't be anything that bad," she assured the younger girl. "No one can truly hate their father."
- Comments: It's her first fanfic, so it's got to have some things missing. It's a little quick and sometimes details run in place, but overall, a great fic. There's a lot of thought going in for Dave's father and Dave's relationship with his family. One particular OC, Cryil, is fascinating and much is explored with him. Sweet, and a little cheesy, in the end with Dave's reunion with his father, but still sweet.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
- Recommended by IridescentIndividual
- Synopsis: Balthazar has fallen ill months after Morgana's defeat. Dave & Veronica are desperate to save him before time runs out. But everything isn't what it seems. And no one, even Balthazar himself, plans to let him go down without a fight. The clock is ticking. (Stolen from SiriusFan13's description on Fanfiction.net)
- Comments: It's still in progress, and although updates are occasionally slow, it's very well-written and worth reading. No signs of being abandoned.
Truths About Prophecy
- Recommended by Mint
- Synopsis: If Dave thought he could just pretend that little incident at the bistro never happened, he was in for a rude awakening. Continuation of No Promises
- Comments: If anyone likes the thought of Dave and Drake being friends, this is the right story for you. It's cute, funny, and keeps readers wanting more. Not so steamy with the romance, but it does put them in a relationship nicely.
- Recommended by Mint
- Synopsis: Sometimes they're wrong. Let's just say, the Prime Merlinian? Not quite so Prime. Drake/Dave Drave
- Comments: Is treading a little bit on the adult side. Very detailed when it comes to feelings, mostly when it involves Drake or Dave. It places so much emotion and romance between these two characters. It's a steamy, thrilling, hot romance that keeps you on the edge of your seat.