Fanfic Recs: Jurassic Park
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth being eaten by dinosaurs for here: These are recommendations made by Tropers for Jurassic Park, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped. Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be. Do warn when a fanfic may head into homosexual or non-canon territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping is Serious Business.
Authors, and WebsitesNone Yet. The Hunters by Sulkdodds
- Recommended by Edcrab
- Comments: Recommended to anyone who can appreciate the book as well as the film! Note that there are moments that are a little on the disturbing side, and not just because of the actions of dinosaurs, hint hint.
- Recommended by Krspace T
- ''Synopsis': The world knows of Isla Sorna only as a lost world, but few remember the days when it was still In Gen's Site B Facility. This is the untold story of its final days and the sequence of decisions that were made thereby ensuring its self-destruction.
- Comments: Any fan of Jurassic Park who has read the books, seen the movies and played the games can appreciate all the research this man has done in the making of this story and the detailed character arcs. A true JP fan should read
- recommended by Krspace T
- Synopsis Why was Spinosaurus not recorded on the island? How do so many dinosaurs exist on a single island? What lives there? Will anyone even read this. This story has a interpretation of all these questions.
- Comments Like the above example, it details the origins of the island using book, movie and game elements, and discusses plot holes like feeding the dinosaurs. The story is humorous, most of it coming from Ian Malcom. Oddly enough it ties into Young Justice Next Gen, though you'd have to read said story to understand how
- recommended by Dustchu
- Synopsis It's time somebody outdid Eric Kirby's eight weeks stay on the island. And that would be me. With danger on every side, will I survive? or will a raptor pack end me.
- Comments It is very good, well written and all around awesome.
- Recommended by CJ Croen 1393
- Synopsis: Takes place in Jurassic World, chronicling Owen's training of the raptor squad...and how he slowly starts to care for them.
- Comments: This movie's not even out yet and we've already got an awesome fanfic that paints a beautiful and emotional image of the possible relationship between Owen and his raptors.
- Recommended by eagle108
- Synopsis: Owen Grady had always had a talent for animals. It ran in the family. Masrani Global recruited him to train raptors. It was a novel idea, something only a crazy or insane person would attempt. Owen wasn't crazy or insane. He knew he could do this, though his grandfather had always warned him: don't get too close. Don't let them connect. Well, too late. Way too late.
- Comments: All because of just the 2015 Super Bowl trailer, this lovely piece was the result.
- Recommended by Overlord347
- Jurassic Park, Mass Effect.
- Synopsis: Taking the scenario of "canon Mass Effect Earth is replaced by 'x'" Tyrant Kings is a collaborative effort to merge the settings of Jurassic Park and Mass Effect. After the discovery that several species of dinosaurs at Jurassic World had developed sapience, Man and Saurian made peace and headed for the stars, where they found ruins on Mars, as well as the corpses of their owners.