Um, HEY! My name, (as far as you know) is CJ Croen 1393
. Iím here to make a name for myself!
About me? Well, I have Aspergerís Syndrome. My hobbies include drawing, being on the computer, reading, brainstorming and talking to myself
I have many Troper Works
that are stuck in a continuous Development Hell
open/close all folders
Troper Works that I HAVE PUBLISHED
NOTE: My published Fan Works
and other works will only be given their own pages when they exceed past two chapters.
Troper Works I DEFINITELY WANT TO write
- The Life And Times Of Johnny Sparrow: A semi-autobiographical story (half my life, half the life I wish I had) about the daily life of a young man with Asperger's Syndrome.
- Alister In Wonderland: A spin on the classic story of Alice in Wonderland. Alister Lewis is a relatively normal boy looking for some excitement in his life. He gets it when he follows a small boy with rabbit ears into a forest. He emerges in "Wonderland" and is quite disturbed to see that not only is he in a very, very weird place, but he's surrounded by attractive young men who all want a piece of him. Boys Love Genre and Steam Punk.
- Magical Dinosaur Knight: A Magical Boy series about a boy named Tim Rogers. Tim is a fan of dinosaurs because his father is a paleontologist, but he can only get a handful of people to join the dinosaur club he opened at school. These individuals include local jock Scott Simpson, his buddy Terry Donaldson, Tricia Topps and Darwin Night. Later, however, Tim meets a microraptor named Mike who reveals that he not only has an important destiny, but that his friends do too...
- Winged Wonders: A cartoon in which a benevolent Mad Scientist conducts a series of experiments in which he makes humanity ensue for a bunch of flying animals to prove that humans have a capacity for flight. His latest "creation"? A humanized Pteranodon, named Ptreasure. Ptreasure goes to live with the other members of the Winged Wonders Program, a former red-tailed hawk named Talon and a former spotted bat named Batty and the three have wacky adventures.
- The Man Who Loved A Vampire: Yaoi Genre. Eddie Hunt is in a rut, so he decides to go to a local night club, where he meets a mysterious waiter named Vladimir. Eddie and Vladimir hit it off pretty fast...but how does Eddie react when he learns that Vlad is a vampire?
Troper Works I might work on, BUT HAVEN'T DECIDED YET:
- Experiment 65 Mil: An elite group of scientists in an underground laboratory conducts a frightful experiment: Bringing dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures to life, turning them into humans and forcing them to fight for their lives against each other for amusement. A heroic Tyrannosaurus rex, a motherly Oviraptor, an intelligent Troodon, a cocky Pteranodon, and several others are put into the fray. Will they survive? Will they excape?
- Love On Feathered Wings: A one-shot love novel between two boys. Icarus Sterling is a rich teenager who was isolated from the world because of the fact that he has large white feathered wings on his back, and grows up with almost no friends except for a young man named Joshua, the son of a neighboring family. After the deaths of Icarus' parents, his uncle, Tantalus, is left to care for him. On his sixteenth birthday, Icarus had promised to tell Joshua his secret, but breaks the promise out of fear. Unfortunately, this leads to an argument and he reveals his wings by accident. Icarus flees the mansion in fear and Joshua sets out to find him.
- Being The Bad Guy: A half-Adventure, half-Slice of Life story...from the point of view of the villains. Count Dracula, Snow Queen, Dorian Gray, Sinbad the Sailor and Long John Silver deal with their lives of fighting the heroes against them and dealing with their lives as well. Everyone knows that Evil Is Cool, but no one ever said it was easy...
Troper Works put ON HOLD:
- Crushed: A shounen ai novel which I'm planning to change around a lot (don't get used to all the stuff I put on the trope page, it'll be gone very soon).
- Sins Vs Virtues: Tory is an Ordinary High-School Student, until heís dragged into adventure by a group of cute girls claiming to be the Seven Heavenly Virtues; Charity, Kindness, Patience, Diligence, Temperance and Chastity. He is (reluctantly) made the leader, Humility, and they end up having to fight seven evil men who represent the Seven Deadly Sins; Pride, Greed, Envy, Wrath, Sloth, Gluttony and Lust. Things get personal, however, when the sins kidnap KindnessÖ
- The Raven Prince: A prince with raven wings crash lands in our world he meets Ayaka Nakajima and she, against her better judgement, takes him in. He tells her that he's a prince from another world, not that she's surprised, and that he was being pursued by the Gull who works for an evil, Split Personality -sporting Witch with vulture wings, who is the leader of "The Nightbirds". An Affectionate Parody of Magical Girlfriend series only it's a Magical Boyfriend series.
- My Knight In Shining Armor Wears A Skirt: Yuri Genre. Shannon Fields is quite confused when she finds herself falling for another girl named Tabitha Jacobson after she saves her from being injured. More details to come...
Troper Works I've ABANDONED:
- DysfunctionALLEY: Created after a binge on Scandinavia and the World, Hetalia fanworks and Planetary Moe, this series takes the premise of humorous, potentially offensive satire with Moe Anthropomorphism but instead of planets or countries, this will have moe-fied mental disorders. The main players are Asperger's Syndrome, Dyslexia, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, The Attention Deficit Twins, Germophobia, Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), Depression and Self-Diagnosis (NOTE: I want to be able to post this one as a webcomic sometime soon, so I will not be calling it "unpublished" at the moment).
- The Cryptids: A Widget Series about moe-fied cryptids (like Bigfoot, chupacabra, etc.). Not much plot hereÖ
- Monsters Of Magi Hill: In the distant future, many people have gained an intelligent bond with strange animals that grant them supernatural powers and an elite group of kids are given the task of harnessing these skills to fight evil. These are the adventures of Nathan "Nate" Thomas, Mina Talon, Alexander "'Xander" Mensin, Bradley "Brad" Darvis, Sara Hart and Prince Denshirou as they set out do do just that with their own monsters.
Fan Fic ideas:
- The Rin and Len Plushie Show!: A webvideo series starring plushies of Rin and Len Kagamine. A fun little webcast in which the twins answer fanmail, introduce various segments, interview guest stars, etc. Segments include:
- Fanmail: The most hated segment on the show. Where Rin and Len answer fanmail.
- How Will Len Die This Time?: (Ep. 2 onward) A game in which Rin shows the viewers a song that Len shows up in and asks the viewers to figure out how he dies.
- Meiko's Vital Information for your Everyday Life: (Ep. 3 onward) Stole...er, inspired by All That, Meiko gives the viewers advice that will be valuable to them in every mundane situation!
- Kaito's Pick-Up Lines: (TBA) Kaito tries to use pick-up lines on Meiko. Hilarity Ensues.
- Miku's Guide to Stardom: (TBA) Miku gives the viewers tips on how to be famous. If only she'd remember that the viewers aren't robots.
- Luka's "What the Heck, Fandom!?": (TBA) Luka shows us what the Vocaloid fandom is like. She's not pleased with what she sees.
- Prank Calling Shizuo: (Ep. 3 onward) The twins prank call Shizuo Heiwajima.
- Guest Stars: The twins (and by "the twins" we mean Rin) interview guest stars who are either other Vocaloids or anime characters.
(and by "spin off" I mean "cheap imitation made out of spite") called The Neru and Haku Figurine Show!
that depends on whether or not I'll be able to get a Neru and Haku
figurine might also be made.
NOTE: I already have some episodes filmed but I don't currently have them edited or uploaded. Regardless, since I plan to upload them, I will not be calling them "Unpublished" just yet.
- Fierce Battles And Fantastic Adventures: A My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fanfic. The Corruption that took over Princess Luna, Invidia, returns and gathers the other villains of the show, Discord, Trixie, The Diamond Dogs, Gilda, and Prince Blueblood to attack the Mane Six and take over Equestria. Can the Elements of Harmony save the day before it's too late?
- Pairings: Trixie/Blueblood
- Darkness Over Ikebukuro: A Durarara!! Fanfic, title pending. Mikado has turned The Dollars into a ruthless dictatorship and now rules Ikebukuro with an iron fist and a glass mind. It is now up to the resistance force to rise against him and defeat him before Ikebukuro faces destruction. Dark Fic.
- Pairings: Shizuo/Vorona, Shinra/Celty, hinted Izaya/Namie, Mairu/Aoba/Kururi, Kasuka/Ruri and Masaomi/Mikado/Anri.
- CV04 The New Guy: A Vocaloid Fanfic. The Crypton Future Media Vocaloids greet their newest family member, CV04, as he tries to cope with being the newest member of such a popular family.
- Pairings: Kaito/Meiko, Miku/Luka, Rin/Len, hinted Len/Teto, Gakupo/Gumi, and hinted CV04/Project-If.
- Superbros: Axis Powers Hetalia Fanfic. Superhero AU. In-progress. A group of people with superpowers are accepted into an elite academy meant to help them control their powers. Their current applicants are Alfred F. Jones, Arthur Kirkland, Francis Bonnefoy, Yao Wang, Ivan Bravinski, Matthew Williams, Ludwig Bellschmidt, Feliciano Vargas, Lovino Vargas, Antonio Corriendo and Kiku Honda. With such strange residents and equally odd teachers (Roderich, Elizabeta and Gilbert) are they up to the challenge?
- Pairings: Feliciano/Ludwig (Italy/Germany), Arthur/Alfred (UK/US), Feliks/Toris (Poland/Lithuania), Kiku/Heracles (Japan/Greece), Lovino/Antonio (S.Italy/Spain), Elizabeta/Roderich (Hungary/Austria), Yao/Ivan (China/Russia), Francis/Angelique (France/Seychelles), Matthew/Carlos (Canada/Cuba), Natalia/Sofia (Belarus/Ukraine) and others.
- The Vocaloid Parent Trap: Vocaloid fanfic. Len Sakine and Rin Kagamine were Separated at Birth, but they start having strange dreams about each other despite never meeting and end up meeting at a summer camp. Len lives with their mother, Meiko and her butler Gakupo, and Rin lives with their father, Kaito and his housekeeper, Luka. The two of them decide to switch places and get their parents back together...but things get complicated when Kaito introduces his new, nice-on-the-outside-evil-on-the-inside fiancee, Miku.
- Pairings: Kaito/Meiko, minor Kaito/Miku, and Gakupo/Luka.
- The Depths Of The City: My attempt at a good version of For Your Eyes Only and a Durarara!! fanfic. Obviously AU and hints of Dark Fic. There are people known as "Demi-Humans" who have traits similar to animals. These people are fully human despite these traits, but unfortunately they are viewed as inferior to humans and usually used as hired help. These are the stories of several of such people and how they overcome discrimination:
- Mikado Ryugamine, a dog-boy, is a middle school graduate who has found work in Ikebukuro thanks to his best friend Masaomi Kida. He ends up working for Shizuo Heiwajima, his boss Tom and his girlfriend Vorona, who all treat him fairly.
- Anri Sonohara, a cat-girl who "works" as a live-in maid for Shinra Kishitani and his wife Celty. However, they are Demi-Human activists of a sort and tend to do all the work themselves, leaving poor Anri feeling like The Load.
- Masaomi Kida, a parakeet-boy who works for Izaya Orihara. While he's cheery and perky, and loves flying more than anything, people don't know that Izaya does not treat him fairly at all, abusing him emotionally and physically, tying his wings down to render him flightless as punishment for staying out passed curfew and being generally cruel to him. Masaomi wants to leave this...and then he meets Izaya's beautiful girlfriend, Saki Mikajima...
- Walker Yumasaki, a raccoon-boy who works as a live-in butler for the rich Karisawa family and falls in love with the heiress to the family, Erika.
- Aoba Kuronuma, a fox-boy who lives in the orihara household and doesn't really work, but acts as a "playmate" for Izaya's younger sisters, Mairu and Kururi.
- Mika Harima, a cat-girl who works as a live-in maid for the wealthy Yagiri family. She falls head-over-heels for Seiji, much to the dismay of his disapproving older sister.
- Pairings: Mikado/Anri, Masaomi/Saki, Walker/Erika, Mairu/Aoba/Kururi, Shinra/Celty, Shizuo/Vorona, Izaya/Saki, Seiji/Mika, onesided Namie/Seiji.
- The Headless Boy: Celty meets a boy named Drago who claims to be a dullahan...and her friend from long ago. She doesn't believe him at first but him removing his own head is a convincing argument for the "dullahan" part anyway.
- Pairings: Celty/Shinra, Shizuo/Tom, possibly others.
open/close all folders
Tropes that apply to me (ALPHABETIZING IS FOR THE WEAK! And when I started on the wiki I wasn't very good at it; I'm getting better now, though):
- Adorkable: Pretty much. If you need more proof, check out how I am on YouTube.
- No Social Skills: Asperger's syndrome does that to you. Permanently. And sometimes I wonder: "why even try?"
- Pretty Boy/Bishōnen: I am one. Well, aside from the zits.
- Arc Number: 1393, the number on my handle. They're a merger of the day and year of my birth. I like to associate myself with the number thirteen in general, actually.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: With this being the internet, me being fanfic writer and my love of yaoi, I'm convinced this has happened to me at least once before; Just to clarify once and for all here on TV Tropes, I'm a guy, not a girl, a guy.
- Berserk Button: Two major ones for me:
- People insulting my mom. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, you can be darn sure that you might have to hold me back from verbally tearing into whoever did it.
- Paleontological inaccuracy. I can excuse it if it's Science Marches On or a fictional medium that isn't supposed to be accurate (like a cartoon or a movie), but if it's a documentary or educational book from the modern day that gets something blatantly wrong...just, UGH! Would it kill you to do a little research!?
- Apologizes a Lot: Oh boy do I ever...
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Although I do say stuff like "crap", "this sucks", etc. but those kind of things are about as far as I'll go.
- But Not Too Foreign: I'm part Filipino, part Italian and part Finnish. And I was born here in North America.
- Amazon Chaser: If a hot girl is able to beat me up, I'll be hooked. If she actually DOES beat me up, however, it'll be over between us.
- Man Child: And I don't intend to grow up.
- Basement-Dweller: Well, my bedroom is in the basement...
- Masochist's Meal: Flaming Hot Cheetos. That is all.
- TV Tropes Ruined My Vocabulary: Not to a serious extent, but I still slip trope names into casual conversations.
- A Rare Sentence:
Me: It is excruciatingly difficult to anthropomorphize a Pteranodon...okay, that was a weird sentence.
- Serial Tweaker
- Eight Deadly Words: My reaction to My Wife and Kids.
- Humble Hero: I will often respond to praise with a deadpan "uh-huh".
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: If you ever mistake a pterosaur for a dinosaur, bird or anything else that it's not, you will get an hour long lecture about all the reasons it isn't.
- Perma Stubble
- Security Blanket: My stuffed Pteranodon is still one for me. If I get married and start living on my own, the little guy will be on special shelf above my bed. And, I'm convinced he eats nightmares. No really, I am.
- Italians Love Feliciano Vargas: The aderpable little coward makes me both proud and slightly ashamed to be part Italian.
- No Indoor Voice: I'm often told that I'm shouting when I'm trying to whisper!
CJ's Mom: You're being too loud! Please whisper!
CJ:...I AM WHISPERING.
- Why Did It Have To Be Heights?
- Angst Aversion: No Torchwood for me please. As much as I love yaoi and pterodactyls, I don't want any more psychological or emotional trauma than I already have. note I don't want to watch Supernatural or Doctor Who for similar reasons.
- Proud to Be a Geek: I zig-zag this one.
- The Slacker / Brilliant, but Lazy / Lazy Bum: I tend to put stuff off until the la
- I REALLY, REALLY HATE MATHEMATICS!!!!
- Covert Pervert
- Love Freak: Romance is a favorite subject of mine, and if a media has pairings with plenty of WAFF material, chances are I'll be hooked.
- Madness Mantra: I have two. The first is private. The second...
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: My mom's really proud of me for having this!
- The Ditherer
- Moe Anthropomorphism: To prove that I don't have a life, I drew cute anime humanized versions of my most commonly felt (and a few not so commonly felt) emotions:
- Fan Fic: I'm planning (but unfortunately haven't finished/started) many.
- Hates Being Touched: Though I find the idea of being touched by a romantic partner kind of...nice. I'm so lonely...
- Sleepyhead: I like sleeping. A lot.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander / Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Another Asperger's side-effect.
- Girly Run: I run like Anri Sonohara. I'm not kidding.
- Does Not Like Socks
- Nightmare Fetishist: I just love the paranormal.
- Spoiler Hound
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: My first anime was Ouran High School Host Club. I also like Princess Tutu, Fruits Basket and am a brony.
- Big Eater: I'm a skinny example, on account of my high metabolism
- Jerk Woobie: I went through a lot of bad things in school...
- Squee: I've been prone to this lately.
- Annoying Younger Sibling:... I have three. All girls.
- Old Shame: Fortunately, none of them have ever been published. So I never have to worry about them again.
- Dysfunctional Family: I come from one. It's actually great sitcom material, to be honest.
- Tsundere: My whole family.
- My step-dad and second youngest sister are Type-As.
- My mom and youngest sister are Type-Bs.
- Finally, my eldest sister fits Kuudere to a T. In fact, when I explained the concept to her and my mom, my mom turned to my sister and said "Actually, that does sound like you."
- Momma's Boy
- Deadpan Snarker: It's In the Blood.
- Nice Hat: A white fedora, inspired by Mr. Ladd Russo himself.
- Never My Fault: I'm not sure if I'm a perpetrator (though I might be) but I've been a victim of it more than once; for example, a friend of mine once thought it would be funny to sneak up on me, grab my back and scream at the top of his lungs. I got angry and my teacher told him to apologize. His response was: "I'm sorry I scared you, but you know, you really need to be more aware of your surroundings." OH REALLY, MR. SNEAK-UP-ON-A-GUY-TO-SCARE-HIM-AND-MAKE-SURE-HE-DOESN'T-NOTICE-ME-GUY?
- Picky Eater: That I am.
- Yaoi Fanboy and Yuri Fanboy: I'm both! Either one is fine by me, but I prefer yaoi.
- Perverse Sexual Lust: I have many fictional loves. Helooo Queen Elsa!
- Vocal Dissonance: My family has commented that my voice is ridiculously high.
- Keet: Especially when I was younger.
- Large Ham: Nowadays, I've been told that I can be rather dramatic.
- Motor Mouth: A yup.
- Seven Deadly Sins: I'm guilty of Sloth and Gluttony. With a little bit of Wrath and Pride in there too. And Greed. And Envy. And Lust. Heck, all of them (like most human beings). Sloth just happens to be my biggest one.
- Creative stuff
- Prehistoric animals, mostly pterosaurs and maniraptors
- Animals, mostly ones that fly
- Romance of any kind, though as stated above, my interests in romantic works tend to lean more towards fluffy, non-tragic stuff and same-sex pairings
Fandoms I'm in
Creators, Authors and Internet People I like:
- J. K. Rowling: No explanation needed.
- KHF McAwesome: He's funny, cool, smart and turned me on to some great anime.
- JesuOtaku: I found out about Baccano! through her. Nuff said.
- mothy: The Evillious Chronicles are excellent, and I'm surprised they aren't more popular.
- Lauren Faust: A great person, an inspiration to cartoon fans everywhere...is there anything you can't like about her?
- The Former Fan Fiction Critic: Her reviews were awesome and hilarious and I laughed through her entire critique of Back to the Frollo. Too bad she's retired from reviewing.
- Girl Writes What: She makes a lot of valid points about the bad side of feminism, and I love watching videos where she goes all "evolutionary psychologist".
- Andrew Hussie: He's a great storyteller, even if he confuses everyone. The Gigapause, in my humble opinion, proves this because he decided to do it to make writing the whole thing go more smoothly.
- Ryohgo Narita: The author of Baccano! He's a crazy genius.
- Lewis Carroll: The undisputed King of Nonsense.
- Bruno Mars: Great singer, though I can't get behind that afro of his...
- Lea Salonga: Voice of a Goddess.
- Idina Menzel: YES.
- LittleKuriboh: The Abridged Series started with him. This is a man who made an entire genre. Give him a round of applause, guys!
Music I like: