Must be Monday. New podcast! Just click on the fancy logo below.
Um, HEY! My name, (as far as you know) is CJ Croen 1393
. Iím here to make a name for myself!
About me? Well, I have Aspergerís Syndrome. My hobbies include drawing, being on the computer, reading, brainstorming and talking to myself
. I like Dinosaurs, birds and cryptozoology.
Music-wise I love Vocaloid music and Broadway Musicals, my favorites being Wicked
, Avenue Q
, Les Misťrables
, The Lion King
and The Little Mermaid
. My favorite singers are Lady Gaga
, Katy Perry
, Rin Kagamine
, Bowling For Soup
and Kristen Chenoweth. I. DESPISE
. Justin Bieber
Iím a major anime fan; My favorites are Ouran High School Host Club
(my first anime!), Soul Eater
, Azumanga Daioh
, Shinryaku! Ika Musume
, Rozen Maiden
, Nabari No Ou
, Princess Tutu
, Fullmetal Alchemist
(both versions, I donít judge), Fruits Basket
, Lucky Star
, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
, Pani Poni Dash!
, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
, Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
, Yami No Matsuei
, and DNAngel
I have many Troper Works
that are stuck in a continuous Development Hell
- The Life And Times Of Johnny Sparrow: My new Magnum Opus. A semi-autobiographical story (half my life, half the life I wish I had) about the daily life of a young man with Asperger's Syndrome.
- Crushed: A shounen ai novel in which Toby Hutchinson gains a fascination with Jack Cunningham after Jack saves him from bullies. From there, things get complicated. Especially with the other colorful characters; Tobyís best friend, Maya Daniels and her boyfriend, Joseph. Then thereís Jackís friends, the blind Student Council President, Nigel and his vice president/lover, Nora. Plot B is about their teacher, Ms. Rice and her love for Pop Star, Lady Lana. This is also my attempt at averting the tired old Rape Is Love thing in BL.
- The Cryptids: A Widget Series about moe-fied cryptids (like Bigfoot, chupacabra, etc.). Not much plot hereÖ
- Sins Vs Virtues: Tory is an Ordinary High School Student, until heís dragged into adventure by a group of cute girls claiming to be the Seven Heavenly Virtues; Charity, Kindness, Patience, Diligence, Temperance and Chastity. He is (reluctantly) made the leader, Humility, and they end up having to fight seven evil men who represent the Seven Deadly Sins; Pride, Greed, Envy, Wrath, Sloth, Gluttony and Lust. Things get personal, however, when the sins kidnap KindnessÖ
- The Raven Prince: A prince with raven wings crash lands in our world he meets Ayaka Nakajima and she, against her better judgement, takes him in. He tells her that he's a prince from another world, not that she's surprised, and that he was being pursued by the Gull who works for an evil, Split Personality -sporting Witch with vulture wings, who is the leader of "The Nightbirds". An Affectionate Parody of Magical Girlfriend series only it's a Magical Boyfriend series.
- Alister In Wonderland: A spin on the classic story of Alice in Wonderland. Alister Lewis is a relatively normal boy looking for some excitement in his life. He gets it when he follows a small boy with rabbit ears into a forest. He emerges in "Wonderland" and is quite disturbed to see that not only is he in a very, very weird place, but he's surrounded by attractive young men who all want a piece of him. Boys Love Genre and Steam Punk.
- DysfunctionALLEY: Created after a binge on Scandinavia and the World, Hetalia fanworks and Planetary Moe, this series takes the premise of humorous, potentially offensive satire with Moe Anthropomorphism but instead of planets or countries, this will have moe-fied mental disorders. The main players are Asperger's Syndrome, Dyslexia, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, The Attention Deficit Twins, Germophobia, Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), Depression and Self-Diagnosis (NOTE: I want to be able to post this one as a webcomic sometime soon, so I will not be calling it "unpublished" at the moment).
- My Knight In Shining Armor Wears A Skirt: Yuri Genre. Shannon Fields is quite confused when she finds herself falling for another girl named Tabitha Jacobson after she saves her from being injured. More details to come...
- Monsters Of Magi Hill: In the distant future, many people have gained an intelligent bond with strange animals that grant them supernatural powers and an elite group of kids are given the task of harnessing these skills to fight evil. These are the adventures of Nathan "Nate" Thomas, Mina Talon, Alexander "'Xander" Mensin, Bradley "Brad" Darvis, Sara Hart and Prince Denshirou as they set out do do just that with their own monsters.
I also have several unpublished Fan Fic
- The Rin and Len Plushie Show!: A webvideo series starring plushies of Rin and Len Kagamine. A fun little webcast in which the twins answer fanmail, introduce various segments, interview guest stars, etc. Segments include:
- Fanmail: The most hated segment on the show. Where Rin and Len answer fanmail.
- How Will Len Die This Time?: (Ep. 2 onward) A game in which Rin shows the viewers a song that Len shows up in and asks the viewers to figure out how he dies.
- Meiko's Vital Information for your Everyday Life: (Ep. 3 onward) Stole...er, inspired by All That, Meiko gives the viewers advice that will be valuable to them in every mundane situation!
- Kaito's Pick-Up Lines: (TBA) Kaito tries to use pick-up lines on Meiko. Hilarity Ensues.
- Miku's Guide to Stardom: (TBA) Miku gives the viewers tips on how to be famous. If only she'd remember that the viewers aren't robots.
- Luka's "What the Heck, Fandom!?": (TBA) Luka shows us what the Vocaloid fandom is like. She's not pleased with what she sees.
- Prank Calling Shizuo: (Ep. 3 onward) The twins prank call Shizuo Heiwajima.
- Guest Stars: The twins (and by "the twins" we mean Rin) interview guest stars who are either other Vocaloids or anime characters.
(and by "spin off" I mean "cheap imitation made out of spite") called The Neru and Haku Figurine Show!
that depends on whether or not I'll be able to get a Neru and Haku
figurine might also be made.
NOTE: I already have some episodes filmed but I don't currently have them edited or uploaded. Regardless, since I plan to upload them, I will not be calling them "Unpublished" just yet.
- Fierce Battles And Fantastic Adventures: A My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fanfic. The Corruption that took over Princess Luna, Invidia, returns and gathers the other villains of the show, Discord, Trixie, The Diamond Dogs, Gilda, and Prince Blueblood to attack the Mane Six and take over Equestria. Can the Elements of Harmony save the day before it's too late?
- Pairings: Trixie/Blueblood
- Darkness Over Ikebukuro: A Durarara!! Fanfic, title pending. Mikado has turned The Dollars into a ruthless dictatorship and now rules Ikebukuro with an iron fist and a glass mind. It is now up to the resistance force to rise against him and defeat him before Ikebukuro faces destruction. Dark Fic.
- Pairings: Shizuo/Vorona, Shinra/Celty, hinted Izaya/Namie, Mairu/Aoba/Kururi, Kasuka/Ruri and Masaomi/Mikado/Anri.
- CV 04 The New Guy: A Vocaloid Fanfic. The Crypton Future Media Vocaloids greet their newest family member, CV04, as he tries to cope with being the newest member of such a popular family.
- Pairings: Kaito/Meiko, Miku/Luka, Rin/Len, hinted Len/Teto, Gakupo/Gumi, and hinted CV04/Project-If.
- Our 1940 Bit Wars: Axis Powers Hetalia Fanfic, title pending. AU, Dark Fic. An elite group of soldiers are trained to do any job possible and work directly under the leader of their country as the representation of it. But as World War II draws near, some of these soldiers face uncertain futures.
- Pairings: Feliciano/Ludwig (Italy/Germany), Arthur/Alfred (UK/US), Feliks/Toris (Poland/Lithuania) hinted Kiku/Heracles (Japan/Greece), Lovino/Antonio (S.Italy/Spain), Elizabeta/Roderich (Hungary/Austria), Yao/Ivan (China/Russia), Francis/Angelique (France/Seychelles), Matthew/Cruz (Canada/Cuba), and others.
- The Vocaloid Parent Trap: Vocaloid fanfic. Len Sakine and Rin Kagamine were Separated at Birth, but they start having strange dreams about each other despite never meeting and end up meeting at a summer camp. Len lives with their mother, Meiko and her butler Gakupo, and Rin lives with their father, Kaito and his housekeeper, Luka. The two of them decide to switch places and get their parents back together...but things get complicated when Kaito introduces his new, nice-on-the-outside-evil-on-the-inside fiancee, Miku.
- Pairings: Kaito/Meiko, minor Kaito/Miku, and Gakupo/Luka.
- Maybe I Can Learn Too: Durarara!! fanfic. Kasuka notices that Shizuo is doing a better job at controlling his anger, so he decides to start learning about emotions, i.e. how to express them naturally. It turns out to be harder than he thought...
- Pairings: Shizuo/Vorona, Kasuka/Ruri, Shizuo/Kasuka, Mairu/Aoba/Kururi, mentions of Mikado/Anri
- The Depths Of The City: My attempt at a good version of For Your Eyes Only and a Durarara!! fanfic. Obviously AU and hints of Dark Fic. There are people known as "Demi-Humans" who have traits similar to animals. These people are fully human despite these traits, but unfortunately they are viewed as inferior to humans and usually used as hired help. These are the stories of several of such people and how they overcome discrimination:
- Mikado Ryugamine, a dog-boy, is a middle school graduate who has found work in Ikebukuro thanks to his best friend Masaomi Kida. He ends up working for Shizuo Heiwajima, his boss Tom and his girlfriend Vorona, who all treat him fairly.
- Anri Sonohara, a cat-girl who "works" as a live-in maid for Shinra Kishitani and his wife Celty. However, they are Demi-Human activists of a sort and tend to do all the work themselves, leaving poor Anri feeling like The Load.
- Masaomi Kida, a parakeet-boy who works for Izaya Orihara. While he's cheery and perky, and loves flying more than anything, people don't know that Izaya does not treat him fairly at all, abusing him emotionally and physically, tying his wings down to render him flightless as punishment for staying out passed curfew and being generally cruel to him. Masaomi wants to leave this...and then he meets Izaya's beautiful girlfriend, Saki Mikajima...
- Walker Yumasaki, a raccoon-boy who works as a live-in butler for the rich Karisawa family and falls in love with the heiress to the family, Erika.
- Aoba Kuronuma, a fox-boy who lives in the orihara household and doesn't really work, but acts as a "playmate" for Izaya's younger sisters, Mairu and Kururi.
- Mika Harima, a cat-girl who works as a live-in maid for the wealthy Yagiri family. She falls head-over-heels for Seiji, much to the dismay of his disapproving older sister.
- Pairings: Mikado/Anri, Masaomi/Saki, Walker/Erika, Mairu/Aoba/Kururi, Shinra/Celty, Shizuo/Vorona, Izaya/Saki, Seiji/Mika, onesided Namie/Seiji.
- The Headless Boy: Celty meets a boy named Drago who claims to be a dullahan...and her friend from long ago. She doesn't believe him at first but him removing his own head is a convincing argument for the "dullahan" part anyway.
- Pairings: Celty/Shinra, Shizuo/Tom, possibly others.
Tropes that apply to me:
- Adorkable: Pretty much...
- No Social Skills: Asperger's syndrome does that to you. Permanently.
- Pretty Boy: I wish I was one anyway.
- Author Appeal: Massive Multiplayer Crossovers, Intergenerational Friendships (usually with a little girl having a sibling like friendship with an adult/teenage male or a Defrosting Ice Queen having a parental friendship with a young boy), Action Girls, shy pretty boys, Action Girls paired up with Shy Pretty Boys, WAFF, Elegant Gothic Lolita, The Woobie, Cute Ghost Girls, Yaoi Guys, Token Yuri Girls, Ho Yay, Yaoi Fangirls, Yuri Fanboys (I wish the latter was more common in anime), shy girls with glasses, Complete Monsters, Five-Man Band and Five-Bad Band, characters with Ambiguous Genders, Shipping, Perky Goths, Long-Haired Pretty Boys (neck length at longest; anything longer is just silly looking), the Seven Deadly Sins, paranormal creatures, Chekhov's Guns, Chekhov's Gunmen, LGBT subjects, Moe characters, Creepy Twins, cute characters that rarely show emotions (especially when they DO show emotion), Sleep Cute, Continuity Porn, cameos and nods, Widget Series, dinosaurs, Pterosaurs, Femme Fatales, Moe Anthropomorphism, Cute Monster Girls and Boys and...y'know what? I have a lot.
- Berserk Button: Justin. Freakin'. Bieber. Also, the types of people who hate things just to spite people who like them and people who say things like "This sucks and you suck for liking it, LOL!. And retarded fans. And the amount of Rape Tropes in BL (adding the sizable Double Standard; I don't think there is any Yuri story with the Rape Is Love trope in effect). Also, math. Also, getting teased. Also, censorship. Also, Eye Scream. Heck a lot of things piss me off, now that I think of it.
- Apologizes a Lot: Oh boy do I ever...
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Although I do say stuff like "crap", "this sucks", etc. but those kind of things are about as far as I'll go.
- Adult Child: And I don't intend to grow up.
- Basement Dweller: Well, my bedroom is in the basement...
- Masochist's Meal: Flaming Hot Cheetos. That is all.
- Serial Tweaker
- Perma Stubble
- Security Blanket: My stuffed Pteranodon is still one for me. If I get married and start living on my own, the little guy will be on special shelf above my bed. Also, a Pteranodon is way cooler than a teddy bear.
- Proud to Be a Geek: I zig-zag this one.
- The Slacker / Brilliant, but Lazy / Lazy Bum: I tend to put stuff off until the la
- I REALLY, REALLY HATE MATHEMATICS!!!!
- Covert Pervert
- Love Freak: Romance is a favorite subject of mine, and if a media has pairings with plenty of WAFF material, chances are I'll be hooked.
- Madness Mantra: I have two. The first is private. The second...
- Fan Fic: I'm planning (but unfortunately haven't finished/started) many.
- Hates Being Touched: Though I find the idea of being touched by a romantic partner kind of...nice. I'm so lonely...
- Sleepyhead: I like sleeping. A lot.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander / Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Another Asperger's side-effect.
- Girly Run: I run like Anri Sonohara. I'm not kidding.
- Nightmare Fetishist: I just love the paranormal.
- In Touch With His Feminine Side: My first anime was Ouran High School Host Club. I also like Princess Tutu, Fruits Basket and am a brony.
- Big Eater: I'm a skinny example, on account of my high metabolism
- Jerk Woobie: I went through a lot of bad things in school...
- Squee: I've been prone to this lately.
- Annoying Younger Sibling:... I have three. All girls.
- Dysfunctional Family: I come from one.
- Tsundere: My whole family.
- My step-dad and second youngest sister are Type-As.
- My mom and youngest sister are Type-Bs.
- Finally, my eldest sister fits Kuudere to a T. In fact, when I explained the concept to her and my mom, my mom turned to my sister and said "Actually, that does sound like you."
- Momma's Boy
- Deadpan Snarker: It's In the Blood.
- Picky Eater: That I am.
- Yaoi Fanboy / Yuri Fanboy
- Larynx Dissonance: My family has commented that my voice is ridiculously high.
- Keet: Especially when I was younger.
- Large Ham: Nowadays, I've been told that I can be rather dramatic.
- Motor Mouth: A yup.
- Seven Deadly Sins: I'm guilty of Sloth and Gluttony. With a little bit of Wrath and Pride in there too. And Greed. And Envy. And Lust. Heck, all of them (like most human beings). Sloth just happens to be my biggest one.