Proof that the remaining 10% worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Girls und Panzer
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page. No-name recommendations will be zapped.
Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Do warn when a fanfic may head into non-canon
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
Girls Und Panzer Quest
by Black Jack
Boys und Sensha-do!
- Recommended by Rei Kusanagi
- Synopsis: in an Alternate universe where the US has its own tanking, one team ends up at Oorai when Ami Chono tries to buy their tank. Now the leader of this team has to contend with both his teammates (which has a tomboy and a womanizer among them) and the students at the school. Updates twice a week.
(Trope page here
- Recommended by Infinite Freedom 01
- Synopsis: The Ōarai Girl's School victory in the Sensha-do Championships keeps it from closing, but financial problems still need to be solved. In desperation, the Student Council decides that the easiest way to increase enrollment is to make the school coed. Unfortunately, how many other electives would appeal to boys?
Innocence Need Not Apply
- Recommended by Ala Alba
- Synopsis: An Original Flavor oneshot of St. Gloriana. Witnessing the insane maneuver of Ōarai shows against Kuromorimine's Maus, Darjeeling was inspired to do the same with their Mark VI; much to the delight of the hotblooded Mark VI's crew and dismay of Gloriana's automotive club.
Girls Und Panzer: Lafayette Girls Academy Quest
- Recomended by Valiona
- Synopsis: A retelling of the story with a more traumatized, snarky, cynical and pragmatic Miho, from an author who doesn't think she would turn out to be so innocent while growing up under Shiho's thumb. Miho reluctantly joins tankery, as while she's bitter about what it's done to her family, she wants to protect her teammates, being willing to use any means necessary to do so (including tactics that are even less conventional than the ones she used in the show).
- Comments: Valiona: The premise sounds fairly dark, but Miho's snarky narration is often quite funny, and unlike certain characters who have become more cynical, Miho retains some of her noble goals (protecting her friends) while acquiring new ones (wanting to free her sister from her "mental slavery). Do be warned, however; some of the flashback nightmares are extremely gory.
- Recommended by SayuriUliana
- Synopsis: Inspired by Oarai's victory in the Japanese National Tournament, Sophomore Class President Gertrude Pool revives her school's Tankery club to save her schoolship in danger of closing down. Does she have what it takes to form a Tankery team that'll lead them to victory in the International Tournament? - Completed.
- Blasting Through by Cytrus
- Recommended by Screwy Sqrl
- Synopsis: Yukari x Miho, as only tank-obsessed Yukari could! This also seems to be the very first English language fanfic for this series.
Historical Fiction Fics
A Friend Amongst Enemies
- Recomended by S7alker117
- Synopsis: Maho is an unlikely addition to the Wehrmacht, but in spite of it she finds herself in the command of a tank and heading to the grisly crucible of Stalingrad. On the other side of the fence is Nonna, conscripted into the Red Army and also thrown into the infamous battle. Theirs is a tale of violence and comradeship as two soldiers from opposing sides form an unlikely bond.
- Comments: S7alker117: This story is quite good and for the most part historical-accurate. The action is well-written but should be noted that it isnít suited for impressionable audiences. Still unfinished.