Fanfic Recs / Magic: The Gathering
Fragments: An Alara Anthology
by pretty much everyone on the flavour and storylines forum
Recommended by Peryton.
Shards In Peril
- Synopsis: Several tales about each of the shards of Alara, before, during and after the Conflux.
- Comments: Frankly one of the best fanfic anthologies out there, it expresses a variety of prose styles and narrative juices, adorned by a beautiful medieval-inspired page designs. This is a fanfic in the true meaning of the word, as each writer has absolute grasp in the source material, and work with it better than even the official novel.
Recommended by The Pie Kid
Planar Chaos Dragons Of Tarkir
- Synopsis: This story features Dominaria being trapped in another shard. This time more than Dominaria was trapped within. Nine other Planes were sealed within and with those nine come ten Planeswalker's and a plot that could destroy the Multiverse itself.
- Comments: This story is a sort of prequal to Vadam's Redemption. Its not finished yet but the writing is alot better than Vadam's Redemption. This story also introduces alot of other OC's
Recommended by Shimegi.
- Synopsis: A fan Planeswalker's Guide to a Planar Chaos scenario, where Tarkir's dragon broods were enemy coloured and the clans dropped the ally colour instead of the enemy one.
- Comments: It has a few spelling mistakes, but it's rather creative and detailed, playing quite a bit with enemy colours in worldbuilding, each clan being well balanced while displaying rather subtle and nuanced philosophies. It manages to be quite chilling at times, following well on Maro's statement of a Tarkir worse off than before, while managing to not be too depressing.
Recomended by The Pie Kid
- Synopsis: Vadam is a young(ish) Planeswalker who has had the hardest life imaginable. He arrives on the Plane of earth through a moment of desperation and meets an old ghost who sets him on the course of redemption. But not all sins are forgotten and the oldest mortal evil remaining is still looking for him.
- Comments: The story is a crossover between Harry Potter and Magic: The Gathering, it starts off a little slow and introduces the authors own character but the story shows promise and bearing with the first few chapters to read further is good... not great but the author states the story to be the first thing they've written. The story is worth checking out.