Fanfic Recs: Homestar Runner
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for Homestar Runner
, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be deleted.
Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Do warn when a fanfic may head into homosexual
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Sewious Business
Authors, and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Pom Pom's Eleven
- ''Recommended by SeverYourLegPlease
- ''Jenny and Musachan, despite only having Homestar x Strong Bad, have a way with keeping the characters' personalities intact. Their stories are interesting and well-written, making this Troper believe that even a die-hard slash hater would like their writing.
- You're absolutely right. As one who dislikes slash myself, I seriously wish that they would write something that isn't slash, considering that they'er two of the best H*R fanfic writers out there, but I have to give them credit for their writing.
Strong Bad Email 1X6: resurrect
- Recommended by Shwoo
- Synopsis: It's set five years after homestarrunner.com mysteriously closed. It turns out that Homeschool Winner was embezzling from the site for years, and Pom Pom assembles the rest of the characters to get revenge.
- Comments: Pom Pom's Eleven is one of the best Homestar Runner fanfics out there, and one of very few to mimic the character voices accurately. Again, the author did the character voices mostly accurately. That's very difficult to find in Homestar Runner fanfiction.
by that one little guy
Reality is a Harsh Mistress
- Recommended by phazonfarmer
- Synopsis: As the author puts it: "Strong Bad gets an email asking him to resurrect his old Compy 386 from the dead. Well, you know what Strong Bad does. Rated for chainsaw wielding zombies."
- Comments: A very well written fic. It's very easy to imagine Strong Bad actually doing this. The dialogue is also in character for everyone involved, and it manages to retain that certain Homestar Runner charm throughout.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
Dating Other People
- Recommended by Shy Tenda
- Synopsis: Strong Bad wakes up to find the world has changed. For one, he's human.
- Comments: Humanity Ensues is a bit of a cliche in the Homestar Runner community, but this fic pulls it off very well.
Can Dandelions Really Do That?
- Recommended by Sara
- Synopsis: Marzipan wants to date other people, but Homestar doesn't get the message. What will happen?
- Comments: This fic is the perfect blend of Homestar Runner original flavor and added depth. It gives you a little more insight to the characters and their relationships without trying too hard...plus, Modestly Hot Homsar makes an appearance.
He Makes Me Laugh
- Recommended by Sara
- Synopsis: Strong Bad and The Cheat mess around with a dandelion. Homestar and Marzipan share a cute moment. Strong Sad gets his revenge.
- Comments: This reads exactly like a cartoon in prose format, the voices and mannerisms are spot-on.
- Recommended by SimplySimple
- Pairings: Marzipan and Homestar.
- Synopsis: Marzipan comes home from an unsucessful protest. Can Homestar cheer her up?
- Comments: A very uplifting comic. While short, it manages to capture the relationship between the two characters perfectly. This is done all without words, no less. Get some tissues ready.
- Recommended by The Comment
- Pairings:Strong Bad/Homestar
- Synopsis: Strong Bad's always had an active imagination. So when he suspects Homestar Runner of being a robot, no one believes him. But what if he was right?
- Comments: This is, without a joke, probably one of my favourite fics. By the above Havoc-Creations, it has just the right mix of funny moments, heartwarming ones, and even some sad ones. Even my friends who don't like slash like this one. It is worth it!