Fanfic Recs: Harry Potter Humor Crack
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth going mad from laughter for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Harry Potter Crack Fic
and Humor fanfic, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Conversion from the "Comments" section to the "Reviews" option is underway. If you are adding a fic, please help us out and use the new template-format on the Fanfic Recommendations Index Page. Please start moving your comments to the reviews sections as we will soon start removing them.
- Recommended by Looney Toons, Dor, Twilight Shimmer
- Synopsis: In the summer after the events of Order of the Phoenix, the Order's interception of Harry's mail reveals he is corresponding with Voldemort, and that Harry is starting to see things the Dark Lord's way.
- Comments: Amusing short with a twist at the end. The Order's growing panic — and efforts at damage control — are especially fun.
by Piper Julian
The Naked Quidditch Match
- Recommended by Tropers/theAdeptRogue, feral
- Synopsis: Voldemort avoided death as a spirit for 13 years. Strangely, he couldn't avoid a bus. One Shot.
- Comments: How a hilarious accident involving a bus brought Voldemort down. Ignores book 6 & 7.
by Evilgoddss. Also available on Fanfiction.net
Hagrid and the Skoolgurlz
- Recommended by Seanette, Scifantasy, Jefepato, Chuckg, Dor, Seraviel, Lost Lenore, force42, LifeShouldBeAMusical
- Synopsis: This is made up of "m-mails" exchanged among characters. Fred and George managed to put their teammates in a very embarrassing situation, and their responses are, to put it mildly, interesting.
- Comments: This is utterly hilarious. Original Flavor, with a twist. There used to be a "news story" wrapping it up, but I can't find it online anywhere. Would anyone else know where Chapter 10 can be found?
- Seconded by Scifantasy: Here is chapter 10. No sign of the photoshopped-blue Fred and George, though.
- Thirded by Ack Sed. Funniest fanfic ever. If the mentions of the bets on the Golden Snitches don't make you laugh, Harry's taunting of "Moldymort" or the glamour calendar will. Aaand it's in-character, too, except when it's funnier.
- Fourthed by Jefepato. I read the concept and thought this was going to be stupid and oh god I can't stop laughing.
- Fifthed by PhoenixFTW ... I can't stop laughing. It's amazing... 13 cm...
- Roo: Sorry, but I just can't see that this is as hilarious as everyone says. I actually find it a very strong contender for Most Overrated Fic, maybe because of the huge OOC behavior of so many characters, especially Harry and Voldemort. I don't mind a bit of twisting/exaggeration of characters for comic effect, but Smug!Harry always rubs me the wrong way.
by Kaku no Mono
Harry Potter and the Eagle of Truthiness
- Recommended by Aether Teen
- Synopsis: Hagrid, Ron, Aragog, Hermione, Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Luna(plus Luna's Yaoi slaves) form a heavy metal band. The group destroys NAMBLA, Atlantis, Ireland, France, and many other civilizations as they travel around the world in their Magic Tour Bus. Voldemort then forms a rival band with a group of Parody Sues to fight our heroes! Also, Harry fights zombies.
- Comments: A parody/song fic, with full knowledge that it is a fan fiction. All of the characters know they are Alternate Universe counterparts of the original characters. Memorable quotes include Aragog's "Sure! I'll do it! For the Bite-Sized children!" Also, Dumbledore has sex with Cthulhu. This appears to be Made of Win.
, by Christine Morgan (Crack Fic
Tom Riddle and the Goblet of Fire
- Recommended by Ronfar, Unclouded TJ, Medicus, Mariecat, MKGR, feral
- Synopsis: Stephen Colbert becomes the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor at Hogwarts.
- Comments: It's not particularly long and doesn't have any real plot, but it's good for a few laughs.
All the Dementors of Azkaban
- Recommended by: Looney Toons, Sheaman3773, force42, feral
- Synopsis: In Harry Potter's seventh year, Minerva McGonagall stumbles across a strange ceremony employing the Goblet of Fire. Why is Harry overseeing it, and what do two students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang have to do with it all?
- Comments: One of the occasionally infuriating things about the Harry Potter books is that there are so many canon loopholes through which a sufficiently clever witch or wizard might have managed to defeat Voldemort long before he returned as a credible threat. This clever and amusing short lays out one such way, supported completely by canon, that Voldemort might have easily been neutralized.
- Seconded by Bulbaquil — such a simple thing, too.
- Shay Guy: Amusing, if trivially easy to think of reasons for it not working. Like, say, Voldemort no longer being a student.
Larceny, Lechery, and Luna Lovegood!
- Recommended by Comartemis, Seraviel, boonerunner, force42, SteakAddictsAnonymous, Fenro
- Synopsis: Luna Lovegood gets a one-way ticket to Azkaban for her role in opening the Chamber of Secrets. When Fudge refuses to release her, Harry takes matters into his own hands... by moving into the cell next door. Crack ensues.
- Comments: Probably the only Azkaban fic this troper will ever recommend, because its very existence makes a mockery of all "Harry gets sent to Azkaban" fics everywhere. Highlights include Harry taking history lessons from the inmates, Luna getting her hands on the Elder Wand, and Saturday night poker tournaments with the Dementors.
- Seconded by Kereea. My favorite part was either the poker nights, or how, because of the poker nights, the Death Eaters start worshiping Neville as their new master.
by Rorschach's Blot
The Various Supah Powahs of One Severus Snape
- Recommended by VortexRyder, Looney Toons, boonerunner
- Synopsis: Harry and Hermione make plans to carry out the Potter family legacy and rob the wizarding world blind. Ron ends up becoming a Dark Lord and starts his own harem while Mrs. Weasley plots to have hundreds of grandchildren. Dumbledore dedicates himself to tasting lemon pops to bring down a diabetic Voldemort. Snape is regularly violated and force fed copious amounts of yogurt at St. Mungo's psychiatric wing. Meanwhile, a Seer Luna indignant at not being ravished by their would-be-thieves spends her days desperately trying to turn the fic into a Harry/Hermione/Luna fic..
- Comments: Like most other works by the Blot, this is a cracktastic cascade of craziness, growing inexorably from a few reasonable-sounding deviations from canon that send you off into unexplored comedic territory before you realize what you've done in accepting them. Full of fun little bits, such as Harry and Hermione setting themselves up as their own mortal enemies.
A Black Comedy
- Recommended by tenderlumpling, Fenro
- Synopsis: Severus Snape falls into a vat of chemicals... And survives. But he has one problem: His new, nuclear nose smells everything, driving him to compulsively clean Hogwarts and every other dwelling he enters. While cleaning the Riddle house, he discovers a very unpleasant surprise about himself. Hilarity Ensues.
- Comments: Severus Snape, Master and Commander... of Squirrels. That is all.
Hedwig and the Goblet of Fire
- Recommended by Fellownerd, Seraviel, Sheaman3773, force42, Twilight Shimmer, abcdz
- Synopsis: The summery summs is up nicly "Two years after defeating Voldemort, Harry falls into an alternate dimension with his godfather. Together, they embark on a new life filled with drunken debauchery, thievery, and generally antagonizing all their old family, friends, and enemies."
- Comments: Anything by nonjon is pure crack genius
Voldemort and His Complicated Plans
- Recommended by Unclouded TJ
- Synopsis: Harry uses Hedwig to test the restrictions on the Goblet of Fire. Obviously, they're not good enough to stop the smartest owl in Britain!
- The Blood Sharpie: Sure, it's crack, and yes, it's an rather intriguing premise, but the fic itself reads more like a story outline than an actual story. What took a whole book in canon is glossed over in about five minutes here. Good for a laugh, but don't read this looking for something engaging.
Harry Potter is on FIRE!
- Recommended by Seven Of Diamonds
- Synopsis: Deleted scenes from Goblet of Fire detailing why Voldemort went with such a convoluted plan when there were simpler options available.
- Comments: The author takes the canon image of Voldemort as a scaly baby with a high pitched voice to its full comedic potential. Also, one of the more likable portrayals of Peter Pettigrew.
- This story is a chapter in a larger series, titled The Harry Potter Code, which can be found here. The chapters have different names here than on the forum, for example Voldemort and His Complicated Plans is titled Questions Questions Questions Spoons.
by Darkboy 77.
Made With Our Love
- Recommended by Raxis.
- Synopsis: A parody story that goes far beyond crazy, stretching it to a breaking point and bringing it full circle.
- Comments: Words can't describe how hilarious this story is, but this troper will try anyway. This story following the insane later years for Harry Potter, bringing all sorts of wackiness along the way. Female!Snape, Tiara!Voldemort, The House Point Hourglasses come alive in the sequal, Dumbledore likes to be Game Boy Advances! And that's just the start.
, by Marauder The Slash Nymph
Harry Potter & the Amorae Potion
- Recommended by sauronlulz, Darkaros, force42, feral
- Synopsis: Harry knows what he has to do: tell Draco that he's pregnant with their child.
- Commentary: Short but hilarious sendup of mpreg fic.
, by Jiffer
The Poker Game
- Recommended by Khym Chanur
- NOTE: Abandoned story.
- Synopsis: Harry accidentally drinks an inverted love potion: rather than making him fall in love with the first girl he sees, it makes any girl who sees Harry fall in love with him. Hilarity Ensues.
- Commentary: The story is basically just Harry fleeing from his rapidly expanding Unwanted Harem. Graduates from mere silly comedy to crackfic when Moaning Myrtle tries to use Muggle firearms to kill Harry.
by Enterprise1701-d and Joshua The Evil Guy
Harry Potter and Some Sorcerers Rock
- Recommended by Jonathan SCE, Darkaros, Looney Toons
- Pairing: Harry Potter / Luna Lovegood, Susan Bones, Tracey Davis, Pansy Parkinson, Ginny Weasley, Cho Chang, Daphne Greengrass, Gabrielle Delacour, Nymphadora Tonks, Moaning Myrtle, Katie Bell, Parvati Patil, Padma Patil, Hannah Abbott and Hermione Granger
- Synopsis: A Harem/Contract fic. Taking place during Harry’s sixth year with almost none of the plot of the book, Harry wins four indentured servants in a poker game due to some of the players betting themselves. One of whom was not even there because of Draco betting Pansy due to a Life Debt. Very clean, some innuendo and language.
- Comments: And it does not stop there, because after the poker game Harry gets more girls due to: two more Life Debts (which result in a slave contact), not paying attention to what they are signing, purposely cutting their ties to their family, claim to the Black inheritance, bringing a ghost back to life, a curse item, and to become the Leader of all Magic. The girls don’t mind being attached to Harry, though. He also learns Egyptian, Sumerian and Indian Magic, turns the Chamber of Secrets into living quarters with a "holosuite", and creates a Magical AI (MI). Very well done story, taking in the feelings of each of the characters into account.
- Darkaros: Warning, judging from reviews on FF.Net, people who have played poker before or care about details will want to skip the actual poker section. Very well written, but anyone who cannot tolerate wish fullfillment will want to avoid like a plague.
- The relationships between the members of the harem/family/thing are well written, and it's entertaining to see the apparent rule of "one new girl per day" through the story and the characters' reactions to it, but the 'serious' bits have a really grating Harry as God Mode Sue. Somewhat enjoyable, but only if you can hold your breath.
by Silvver Phoenix (previously Silver Phoenix25)
- Recommended by Rozzy
- Synopsis: A one-shot parody of Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone. In the words of the author: "I'm insane, as is my writing. You have been warned."
- Comments: This fic is okay on it's own, but the sequels (Harry Potter and the Chamberpot of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of a Cabana and Harry Potter and the Omelette of Desire) are some of the funniest and craziest fanfics I've ever read—and I first read them a long time ago. The sequels were taken off fanfiction.net due to gratuitous (and hilarious) celebrity cameos, but can be found in all their glory at Silvver Phoenix's website. Highlights include Gangster!Twins Lil' Fred and Big G, Harry temporarily joining the Spice Girls and John Stamos being trapped under an overturned laundry basket.
The Incredible and Angsty Journey of Rose Weasley, Girl Slasher!
- Recommended by lastcrazyhorn
- Pairings: Snape/Harry
- Synopsis: Screwed up spells, attacks on hogwarts, Potions Masters who dearly wish he had actual control over his life. Complete Fic.
- Comments: This fic is crazy fun. Harry accidentally pledges himself to Severus with an old engagement spell that results in many hilarious encounters where they are almost literally unable to keep their hands off one another. On one hand, they really can't stand each other (at least at first), but because of the spell, they can't stay away from one another without going crazy. An example of Aliens Made Them Do It.
- Recommended by jakelikescheddar
- Synopsis: Rose Weasley discovers the Internet, and immediately commences Shipping. The tale of one Yaoi Fangirl's attempts to break through the Wizarding World's homophobia and get the rest of her compatriots to recognise how happy they'd be if they accepted the One True Pairings.
- Comments: A stunningly precise skewer is delivered to all aspects of Slash Fic in the HP fandom, featuring plenty of Cringe Comedy and deadpan delivery.
by Rorschach's Blot
A Little Light Reading
- Recommended by: Oracle Seven, jaimeastorga2000, force42, Looney Toons
- Synopsis: Odd little one shots that may or may not be turned into their own stories.
- Comments: This is clearly the source from which all of author's best work springs forth. Every chapter features something new and even more hilarious than the previous chapters - aside from the odd serious idea or a revision of a previous idea. While it's generally written in a very rough style, that doesn't detract from the entertainment value at all. As of this writing, it's one hundred and twelve chapters long - and still growing!
Ho Mione Grunger
- Recommended by Shimmer712, force42
- Synopsis: Snape reads the first Harry Potter and sets about fixing things.
- Comments: I love the remarks Snape makes while reading.
- The Blood Sharpie: A very good story, and one that lends itself to credibility by way of a plot in the "outside" world as well as the bolded text that Snape is reading. While it's not that hard to skip everything but Snape making snarky comments at the book, the "outside" plot gets its Cerebus moment with the "inside" world sentence "Harry was used to spiders, because the cupboard under the stairs was full of them, and that was where he slept."
- Dead Fic now, sadly. The author has, due to a contract with a publishing company, Stopped writing Fanfic (though someone seems to have archived all of it, despite the authors attempt to remove it).
- If anyone can find a link to this, please post it, as the current one seems to be a dead link.
Hogwarts In Season
- Recommended by Goodwrench
- Synopsis: Liek, 'Mia comes back to hogwars one September and is liek TOTALLY different and has her heart set on a special someone!111 how will the others react?wait and see!1111 if u dont like DONT READ U MEANIEEEES!11111 i'll only write more if i get enuff REVIEWS!111111. Yeah, it's totally unreadable.
- Comments: Best Harry Potter parody I've ever read. Truly dire Goth Hermione.
How The Brazilian Boa Constrictor Did Not Help Harry Potter Defeat Voldemort
- Recommended by Goodwrench
- Synopsis: Marauder fic. James, Sirius, and Peter notice a series of odd events that occur in Remus' vicinity and turn detective to discover what the heck is going on.
- Comments: Very nutty and whimsical. First-year Marauder fic at its goofiest.
- Recommended by Lost Lenore, Fenro
- Synopsis: Hermione has given Harry an idea on how to defeat Voldemort, but the boa constrictor isn't convinced... Short oneshot.
- Comments: The first line is rather amusing, and the plan is rather amazing. Pity it doesn't work.
by Adrian Tullberg
The Wendell That Wasn't
- Recommended by Goodwrench
- Synopsis: A new Physical Education teacher arrives at Hogwarts.
- Comments: As Joseph Conrad put it, "The horror, the horror."
The Thief of Hogwarts
- Recommended by greeneyesrock, force42, Fenro, bhadratheboss
- Synopsis: After Snape dies, his ghost is sent back to haunt the Potter family. The true story of how the Potter children got their names.
- Comments: Absolutely hilarious. Complete crack, done extremely well.
- bhadratheboss: Really well done and funny. :D
The Varying Degrees of Smackitude
- Recommended by belton180, Unclouded TJ
- Synopsis: Young Harry learns to steal as he is fed up from his deprivation of his wants and needs by his guardians. A Thief is born in Privet Drive.
- Note: Last updated in 2010
- Comments: AU where Harry learns to become a thief. Funny parts include Harry stealing the Sorting Hat, Quirrell sneaking the troll in after the feast, the reveal of Harry's Animagus form and more
by Rusty Halos
Scorpius Malfoy and the Improbable Plot
- Recomended by desirdesir
- Synopsis: In the words of the author, "When Sirius Black finally fell in love, it wasn't a cliché. It wasn't with an Innocent Virgin, a Childhood Friend, a Fangirl, His Best Mate's Sister, an Undiscovered Beauty, a Sworn Enemy, or Lily's Best Friend. It wasn't earth-shattering, heart-stopping, or time-slowing. It wasn't perfect, and it definitely was not a fairytale. In fact, he possibly would never have known if it hadn't quite literally smacked him cross the face. Slytherins 'spontaneously' combust, McGonagall becomes a Muggle stripper, James forces Lily to be Seeker in exchange for anything she wants." A Marauders fic set in sixth year with exploding nuts, off-color humor, and general crackiness. There isn't much in the way of plot—you can tell from the very beginning that it's all humor with a side of fluff and some angst. The appeal is all in the fun and the surprising depth of emotion.
- Pairings: Sirius/OC, James/Lily, Remus/Sarcasm
- Comments: This *is* a fic with an OC as the main narrator. With this knowledge, I went into it accepting that it was probably going to be a waste of time. However, it ended up being quite a diamond in the rough. I've never heard of this author before, and s/he seems to be unknown, but they write with an appealing familiarity with the universe—lots of gags involving obscure pieces of Zonkos trickery and such. The OC is beautifully fleshed out, and I ended up liking her more than I usually like OCs. Not a Mary Sue, and very funny and a good counterpart to the other main characters. The light-hearted banter and outrageously funny, impossible situations is what makes this fic worth reading. You can see the resolution coming a mile away, but the journey is definitely the best part. Sirius is characterized as atrocious and brash (the fic opens with him snogging a girl in a broom-closet, a girl whose name he just can't remember), the OC (his love interest) is definitely more of the same, and the other Marauders are hovering about in the background like so much flotsam and jetsam to their antics. However, there is enough emotional angst and growing pain to temper the more ridiculous aspects. I ended up amused and sometimes laughed outright.
- bhadratheboss: It's incomplete, though.
The Misadventures of Draco Malfoy, Ferret
- Recommended by RealityPhobia, force42, amatakamata
- Synopsis: Scorpius really should have listened to his father's numerous and dire warnings about the Potter clan. Harry feels his pain. Gen crackfic WIP, yo. Seriously, so cracky.
- Comments: I hate next gen fics. That said, this is one of my favorites. Harry's still a main character, but now we get the added fun of him attempting to be some sort of authority figure for about eight children, most of which are insane (but loveable) in some way or another. Starts off sort of slow, but it builds. Branches off into an AU where Voldy's still around after James Sirius and Scorpius do something stupid. It had my sides splitting all the way through. Be warned, though, it hasn't updated in a while.
by Saber ShadowKitten
Once Upon a Freakin' Time
- Recommended by: force42
- Synopsis: Snape turns Draco into a ferret for his own protection. He would've been safer with the Dark Lord.
- Comments: This fic takes the crack so far it comes back around to be both believable and good.
- Warnings: Beastiality, squick, mpreg(ish, as Draco was a female ferret at the time), slash
On A Train, Switching Tracks
- Recommended by: werewolf42, Fenro
- Synopsis: The Death Eaters attempt to do bad things, but mostly just do things badly.
- Comments: Various one shots of the Death Eaters. Stories include Snape joining the Death Eaters for a quarter, Voldie and Sauron arguing over names, the Death Eaters attempting a bake sale, and other such nonsense. Absolutely hilarious.
Harry Potter and the Something Something
- Recommended by Aromli, Unclouded TJ, TheForgottenOne, Fenro, Looney Toons
- Synopsis: First year: "Celebrities," Harry said. "Fame makes them mad. I take it the wizarding world doesn't really have them, then?" Draco and Ron exchanged glances. "No, not really." AU, assorted oneshots and snippets.
- Comments: Features an innocent and insanely curious Ravenclaw!Harry whose very existence seems to make Hilarity Ensue. Hijinks include teaching Fluffy 'sit and shake' and tying himself to the Whomping Willow for hippogriff rights. Also, Draco-Ron-Neville-Harry friendship in a way that isn't just funny — it's aww-worthy. Still makes me smile every time I read it.
by Legendary Legacy
Harry Potter and the Hogwart's Day of Compliments
- Recommended by TheForgottenOne, feral
- Synopsis: Hey, wouldn't it be cool if someone took as many fanfic cliches as possible and stuffed them all into one story? No? Well, I went ahead and did it anyway. Multi-chapter Mockfic. This summary is actually a lot better than I originally thought. (Taken from FF.net)
- Comments: Just hilarious. Harry from the main canon universe suddenly wakes up one morning to finds himself back in the cupboard under the stairs, and then is proceed to be hit with an endless cliche parade. Starting off with the "Vernon is more evil than Voldemort" cliche. Takes place in the summer after his 5th year in Hogwarts.
- tags :Humor, Parody, Draco in Leather Pants, Ron the Death Eater
bye Drea Leeways
- Recommended by maronk
- Synopsis: third year, Dumbledore gets an crazy idea: give each other compliments, otherwise you get stuck together, whether you like it or not, until the charm he has cast wears off at the end of the day. Chaos and hilarity ensues.
- Comments: despite the near lack of reviews, it is really good and funny, not to mention quite long for a one shot.
He's Not Normal
- Recommended by mad4t, Fenro
- Synopsis: Shows the events of "The Sorcerer's Stone" via conversations between Dumbledore and Snape on an enchanted piece of parchment (that works pretty much like IM).
- Comments: It's mostly silly fun, with a slightly loopy Dumbledore and a sarcastic but well-meaning Snape. There are a few poignant moments spread throughout.
by Uncle Stojil
Hermione Writes Bad Fanfiction
- Recommended by SteakAddictsAnonymous, Unclouded TJ
- Synopsis: Harry Potter goes back in time and has to start everything again. Do you think he will be careful not to screw the timeline up? No, he doesn't even think about it! A story featuring a loony Harry and a Magical World that seems willing to adapt to him. "summary from Fanfiction.net" (Basically, in which Harry goes back in time and kind -of trolls everybody.)
- Comments: Silly, lighthearted and fun to read. Quite refreshing.
- Unclouded TJ: A very good story however keep in mind it hasn't been updated since May of 2010.
Harry Potters Anonymous
- Recommended by ParkourPaisho, Games Of The Video,
- Synopsis: A fanfiction about Hermione writing a fanfiction about herself writing a fanfiction about herself.
- Comments: Supremely meta and has to be read to be believed. It's a one-shot, so it's a really quick and easy read. It somehow SIMULTANEOUSLY plays straight AND parodies lemon. It starts off really well-written (enough to make you think it could be a serious story) then dissolves into hilarious trollville, only to snap back to reality at the last minute. It's a good bet, whether you're looking for a quick laugh or want to really think about the way good writers can become My Immortal knock offs. Last comment: plays Draco in Leather Pants LITERALLY. Hilarity ensues.
A Werewolf Conspiracy Theory
- Recommended by SteakAddictsAnonymous, feral
- Synopsis: Oneshot, crack. An extradimensional meeting of supernatural beings is crashed by none other than Harry Potter.
- Comments : In a nutshell, the Harry Potters of every respective fanfiction get together for a group meeting. The ensuing Hilarity is quite fun.
by Mossy Stone
Lessons With Hagrid
- Recommended by Newt
- Synopsis: Oneshot, Humor. James thinks there's a werewolf at Hogwarts. Sirius and Peter aren't too sure.
- Comments: A short, fairly funny read.
Luna Lovegood's Ten Steps to Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse
- Recommended by geek0girl0extraodinare, Unclouded TJ, Looney Toons
- Synopsis: Oneshot, Humor. ""Have you found out how to get past that beast of Hagrid's yet?" ...Snape kicks Harry out of 'Remedial Potions', but as we know from The Philosopher's Stone, there is another Occlumens in the school good enough to keep out the Dark Lord. Stupid oneshot."
- Comments: Far from stupid, this is one of the funniest things I've read in a while. It manages to keep the characters in character, while exploring something so far and away from the original. While being devastatingly funny, of course.
by Ayla Pascal
The Problem with Homonyms
- Recommended by piekage
- Synopsis: Oneshot, Humor. ""Harry never thought that he would ever need to use Luna's ten point plan to surviving a zombie attack. Harry/Luna."
- Comments: Seeing Harry discuss the logistics of Luna's ten point Zombie guide is downright hilarious, as is her earnest belief of the neccessity of such a guide, made all the more funny when Zombies do actually pop up. There is some brief NC-17 material at Step 6, but it's incredibly touching regardless. An easy recommend for any Luna fan.
The Girl Who Loved
- Recommended by eostby
- Synopsis: Oneshot, Humor. "He shall have the power he knows not. Simple, right? Wrong …"
- Comments: One of the most unique "Powers He Knows Not" I've ever seen. Brief mentions of H/Hr, but not a central plot point. Sometimes, all it takes is a little snake-charming.....
Two Heads Are Better Than One
- Recommended by IkeDawn
- Synopsis: The Girl Who Loved is an eleven year old girl with a great liking for hard drugs, murdering inferiors, having fantasies about boys, and her darling family, the Dursleys. However, one day, exactly a decade after her parents were betrayed by Sirius Black and murdered by Voldemort, her past comes back to haunt her. She faces it with a smile. Complete, with a Sequel in the works.
- Comments: This is not your traditional fanfic. The Author does everything in his power to mock, parody, lampshade, and occasionally use various tropes of the Harry Potter fandom, accompanied with the over the top attitude of our villian protaganist. Warnings: Somwhat explicit, extremely OOC. Character death.
Sphere Of Influence
- Recommended by Eona
- Synopsis: Fred and George play a prank on Harry that ends up affecting the rest of the boys in Hogwarts too.
- Comments: This fic does have crude adult humor, but it is guaranteed to get a laugh out of you.(especially the ending)
- Recommended by Milarqui
- Synopsis: Harry's trip through the Department of Mysteries reveals the mysteries behind the department. Watch as the Unspeakables struggle to recover control of their own workplace and face the consequences of Harry's actions.
- Comments: this story is told through intra-department memos between the Boss, the heads of Research and Security, and a few others. The characters make constant reference to Noodle Incidents from the department's past, comments about the present and side bets that make this entire one-shot a magnificent thing to read in a boring afternoon.
Growing Up Kneazle
- Recommended by Newt
- Synopsis:Seventh year Gryffindors all decide they need a bit of fun and Sirius suggests Truth or Dare, but with a twist. Will it really go for a week non-stop? And what is with the parchment?
- Comments:The Marauders, Lily, Frank, Alice and Hestia all play a Game of Truth or Dare with hilarious dares. Long, but very funny WIP
A Sarcastic Git's Golden Rules at Hogwarts
- Recommended by Kogut, feral
- Synopsis: Harry is growing up as Kneazle
- Comments: Delightful story, chock-a-block full of original ideas
by Twisted Biscuit
- Recommended by overcast
- Synopsis: In an effort to strike out against those who annoy him [read:everybody], Theodore Nott is posting mocking and vaguely offensive “Guidelines” on the notice boards.
- Comments: Basically, Theodore Nott lists guidelines on how to act in a very sarcastic tone. Features guidelines for teachers, classes, Daily Prophet readers and Weasleys.
- Recommended by Kogut
- Synopsis: Oneshot, fall of Voldemort: "While the food was eating the Death Eaters"
Lord Voldemort Forbids you to Take a Pee
- Recommended by Puidwen
- Synopsis: Oneshot, Fred and George confused the sorting hat into putting first years into the wrong house"
by Writer of Written Works
- Recommended by ROSD
- Synopsis: Draco is about to be punished for his inability to kill Dumbledore. But then, a Death Eater interrupts with his urgent need for a toilet. Oneshot.
- Comments: Starts off serious, but then becomes just as silly as the title suggests. Extremely childish and OOC, but good for a quick laugh.
A Kiss of Clichéd Proportions
- Recommended by Dellanotte, Kogut
- Synopsis: Neville's most spectacular Potions failure ever. 'You have twelve minutes to complete your cackhanded concoctions and hand them in to me.' Snape is going to wish he never said those words...
- Comments: "Spectacular" is one of the few words that can describe this One Shot. Another is "Hysterical." May or may not be Crack, but it's disturbingly possible.
The Power to Vanquish the Dark Lord
- Recommended by Kogut
- Synopsis: It had all started with a kiss. Not just any kiss, mind, but a kiss he never expected. If that sounds like a cliché, that's because it is... and it's far from the only one.
- Comments: Parade of clichés, especially from soul bond, harem and super!Harry fics ("By the way," Hogwarts voice sounded in their heads, "you are all now animagi with unlimited forms, including dragons and phoenixes with their full magical abilities. Not that it matters, I just wanted to inform you."")
- Status: Oneshot
- Recommended by feral
- Pairing: None yet.
- Synopsis: AU Independent!Harry. Hufflepuff!Harry. Evil!Dumbledore, planned slash. What if from the beginning Harry saw that there was something just not right with the world around him? What if he does something about it? Unlikely allies, and unexpected inheritances abound.
- Status: Updated September 2012
Houston, Our Angst Has A Problem
- Recommended by feral
- Pairings: minor Snape/Lupin, Neville/Luna, and Fred/Tonks/George
- Synopsis: "I'm still alive, as you may surmise from this note. Of course, I could be dead and someone is faking the letter to fool you..." Harry is NOT happy about being left at Privet Drive all summer with no one to talk to.
- Status: Updated March 2013
So You Want to Be a Death Eater..
- Recommended by feral
- Pairings: Harry/Draco, Dumbledore/Grindelwald, Luna/Ginny
- Synopsis: Harry is quite prepared to endure persecution for his love for Draco. Unfortunately, it doesn't quite work out that way. (Parody, crack)
- Status: "semi-unfinished"
Harry Potter and the Most Electrifying Man
- Recommended by feral
- Synopsis Your guide to everything evil!
- Status: Complete
So Sue Me
- Recommended by Novatel
- Synopsis: Dumbledore found another living relative for Harry to live with. One who is the most electrifying man in all of entertainment.
- Status: Completed.
- Comments: This is...this is something. It's sheer lunacy. It's Harry Potter being raised by WWE Superstar The Rock. And there are so many one-liners, oh my god. Hearing "The Harry" cut a promo on Voldemort and call him "Homeless Darth Vader" is just...oh my god.
Lorcan Scamander and the Year of Raging Hormones
- Recommended by feral
- Synopsis: AU, smartass!Harry, Ravenclaw!Harry. What if Harry had an ounce of self-preservation and the vocabulary and sarcasm of a seventeen year old, how would this affect his school years...this is the result.
- Status: Updated 2007
- Comments: Harry Trolls everyone.
An Idle Mind Is The Devil's Playground
- Recommended by Cartographer
- Synopsis: All Lorcan Scamander wants to do is get through his final year at Hogwarts smoothly. Too much to ask for, he supposes, because: Rose has bullied Scorpius into dating her, Albus is sulking, Lysander has decided death-defying stunts is the best way to get Rose's attention, James is building barricades in the corridors, Hugo's on the hunt for the elusive Hogwarts Gossip Ghost, and Lily keeps messing around with the space-time continuum. And his not-so-private journal has become the school slut.
- Status: Completed.
- Comments: Funniest Next-Gen fic I've ever read! This is actually the fourth story in Estora's journals & ice cream series (recc'd in the Continuation page) but it stands really well on its own. Lorcan's voice is wonderful, the Hogwarts hijinks are hilarious (especially the Gossip Ghost character), and it'll leave you furious that it's only 11 chapters long. And the first three in the series are pretty funny as well! I didn't rec the series itself because the next few stories look to be taking a darker turn.
by night flame miko
The Dark Lord's Much Needed Vacation
- Recommended by feral
- Pairings: slight Tom/Harry
- Synopsis: A bored Harry Potter is never a good thing. Dumbledore told him he couldn't write to friends, so what about enemies? Watch as because of this, things change and truths come to 'light' or 'dark' as the case may be.
- Status: Updated 2010
- Recommended by feral
- Pairings: Tom Riddle/OCs, one-sided Bellatrix/Voldemort
- Synopsis: Dark Lord Voldemort needed a vacation. He even had the perfect plan so that his followers would not even notice his weeklong spree. Too bad his closest horcrux resided in Harry James Potter, the "Brat-Who-Lived"!
- Status: Complete