Fanfic Recs: That '70s Show
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth having Red Foreman break his foot off in your ass for here: These are recommendations made by Tropers for Fan Fics, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Season 8 Redo
Season 8 Redo
- Authored by tanith75
- Recommended by hillraiser2011
- Pairings: Eric/Donna, Hyde/Jackie, Fez/Laurie, Kelso/Brooke, Bob/Joanne
- Synopsis: A complete refurbishing of Season 8. It starts off near the end of Season 7 with a happier, more conclusive season finale for Hyde/Jackie as they tie the knot. The story follows them, the rest of the gang, the Formans, and others in Point Place, as in this "season", Eric and Kelso don't leave Point Place, Laurie returns, Eric gets a dream job, Hyde and Jackie learn what it's like to raise a family, and plenty of classic "That 70's Show" hijinks ensue in the season(s) that perhaps should've been.
- Comments: Despite the notion that typing a Fan Fic out into a Script Fic is usually a no-no, tanith75 is very descriptive with new, different scenes and establishing connections between well-known and one-shot characters that pleasantly surprise me and make for some real funny moments in the overall plot. While many of the characters (Fez, Bob, Kelso, Kitty, etc.) seem like somewhat Flanderized versions of their TV personalities, it's justified in the sense that the show's gone this far along that we couldn't come to know them as anything else.
- On the flip side, each character/couple gets development many fans felt they should've gotten in the series: we see what changes and stays the same with Hyde and Jackie after they are married, how Fez and Laurie's "marriage" would work out if her character had stuck around, and the true culmination of Eric and Donna's long winded, up-and-down relationship.
- Ironically enough, it takes Kelso the longest out of the gang to fully develop, given he was more or less the focal point of Character Development throughout Season 7 and the start of Season 8 in the show.
- Has a page up under construction and in need of some love.