Fanfic Recs: Super Robot Wars
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Super Robot Wars
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Page Reconfiguration in Progress
: Fanfic Recommendations
is being split into pages for each individual series, so help is needed to classify each entry into the appropiate category, and to format it according to the template.
Authors, and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
LvM: War of Hearts
Super Robot Wars SWF
- Recommended by SAMAS
- Synopsis: Latooni lures Mai out to the Earth Cradle and tries to Murder the Hypotenuse, but things quickly turn serious. Why is Latooni taking such drastic measures? Why are Arado and Seolla helping her? Will Excellen quit messing around with the simulator?
- Comments: A fanfic, you Youtube? "Blasphemy!" You say. "Madness!" You say. ("SPARTA!" I say, and kick you down a well) But yeah, it's basically turned out that way, at least that's how I see it.
- Series Represented:
Edition for easy loading; it can also be seen in actual
SWF form on Newgrounds and DeviantArt) by Resak
Super Robot Wars Omega
Super Robot Wars Infinity
- Recomended by Pata Hikari
- Synopsis: Author Lanthanon desided to write his own Super Robot Wars story, and it's working out pretty well so far. The stars are Erin and Jedis Shore, a brother and sister pair. The story starts with the setting up of several anime plots, plus the original characters stories begin... Erin has been living in space, making a living doing shipments for Mao Industries. However one day while on what she thought was a routine shipment, The Titans attacked her ship. It turns out they were carrying the experimental Huckebein Slasher, she ends up Falling into the Cockpit and fighting them off. Meanwhile, on Earth, Jedis is in the middle of an attack on Tokyo by Baron Asura in the chaos, he stumbles across Sousuke Sagara, who claims to know him, having worked with him in Mithril... things get more complicated from here.
- Comments: According to the author, it's dead.
- Series Represented: Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack, Mobile Fighter G Gundam, New Mobile Report Gundam Wing Endless Waltz, After War Gundam X, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED, Super Dimensional Macross: Do You Remember Love, Martian Successor Nadesico, Mazinkaiser, Mazinkaiser vs Ankoku Daishogun, King of Braves GaoGaiGar Final, Aim for the Top Gunbuster, Daimos, Voltes V, Full Metal Panic, RahXephon, Rayearth, Neon Genesis Evangelion, End of Evangelion, SRX, The Lord of Elementals, and the Vision of Escaflowne. (Note not all the series have appeared yet in the story, but the author has given the list)
by CO Adder (or co_addar)
Lewd Kamen Senshi Haken 1/W00
- Recommended by TCM
- Synopsis: A script format SRW story with a ton of underused series, plot threads, and two seperate routes. Religiously adheres to canon, and combines series plotlines in clever ways. There's also two "special guest" series, each guaranteed to make you do a Spit Take. Very much worth a read.
- Comments: Updates tend to be a bit spaced out, but I can assure you the author is working on it.
- Series Represented: Mazinger Z, Getter Robo, Getter Robo G, Brave Raideen, Kotetsushin Jeeg, Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu, GaoGaiGar, Betterman, Giant Robo, Gear Fighter Dendoh, Metal Armor Dragonar, Mobile Suit Gundam 0079, Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team, Mobile Fighter G Gundam, Full Metal Panic!, and the special guests: Megaman, and Pokemon
by Team Phantom Tiger
Super Robot Wars High
- Recommended (and perpetrated) by Haken Browning
- Synopsis: One evening on /m/, Haken (the Troper) stumbled upon a Sailor Senshi doll maker and decided to try his hand at making a Kaguya. Then he made the rest of the core Endless Frontier heroes for completion's sake, and decided to play it into a Fuku Fic wherein the Gender Bender dynamic of "Tales of Endless Perversion" (see below) was played for silly rather than sex. The result is Haken (the character) dealing with the myriad weirdnesses of being female as s/he also fights an encroaching demonic army and their pets as a Senshi (with the other ladies' assistance) and a Metal Gear Ac!d-themed Kamen Rider (mostly solo).
- Comments: Dead Fic by dint of the author being involved elsewhere. Hopefully to be resumed or revised soon.
- Series Represented: Banpresto Originals (Endless Frontier), with references abound from Sailor Moon, Ranma ½, Metal Gear, Kamen Rider (primarily the later chunks of both Showa and Heisei timelines), and Filler gleaned from a variety of Playstation RPGs (currently running through a distorted version of the original Parasite Eve).
- Comartemis: Loathe as I am to back up a Shameless Self-Promoter, I second this rec for two reasons: 1, it's one of the best Super Robot Wars fics out there (Which, tragically, says a lot more about the lack of Super Robot Wars fanfic than it does about the fic itself. Still good stuff though), and 2, this fic is only six chapters long and its WTF quotient is already off the charts. Only 4chan could come up with something this gloriously insane.
Super Robot Wars Quest
- Recommended By Mandrke
- Synopsis: A parody of the High School A.U. that mashes all the characters of SRW into one School. Some are teachers, some are students, and since this is SRW, asses are kicked!
- Comments: Chapters 14 (Hot Springs Episode), 21 (Getter Robo), 29 (Sänger and Wodan's Backstory) are must see! Updates about every week. high levels of HSQ
- Tropes page here.
- Series Represented (so far): Super Robot Wars 2, Super Robot Wars 3, Super Robot Wars EX, Super Robot Wars 4, Super Robot Wars Gaiden, Super Robot Wars 64, Super Robot Wars Alpha (all games), Lost Children (Alpha 2 Sidestory manga), Super Robot Wars IMPACT, Super Robot Wars Original Generation (all games in series), Ryukoou Denki (SRW Original Generations side story manga), Super Robot Wars Z, Super Robot Wars Advance, Super Robot Wars Destiny, Super Robot Wars Judgment, Super Robot Wars W, Super Robot Wars K, Super Robot Wars L, SRW Scramble Commander (all games) Another Centurys Episode (all games in series), Hero Senki: Project Olympus, SRW OG Saga Endless Frontier (all games in series), Mobile Suit Gundam, The 08th MS Team, Gundam 0080, Gundam 0083, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Gundam ZZ, Char's Counterattack, Gundam F91, Crossbone Gundam, Mobile Suit Victory Gundam, Gundam SEED, Gundam SEED Astray, Gundam SEED Destiny, G Gundam, Gundam Wing (includes Endless Waltz movie), Turn A Gundam, Gundam X, Getter Robo (Getter Robo G included), Shin Getter Robo Armageddon, Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, Mazinkaiser, Super Dimension Fortress Macross (including Do You Remember Love?), Macross Zero, Macross 7, Full Metal Panic! (includes Fumoffu and The Second Raid), Neon Genesis Evangelion (TV Series and Movie), Rebuild of Evangelion, Combattler V, Voltes V, Galactic Whirlwind Braiger, Xabungle, Daitarn 3, Zambot 3, The Big O, GUN×SWORD, Gravion, GunBuster, Kotetsu Jeeg (includes sequel), Gaiking: The Legend of Daikuu Maryuu, Shinkon Gattai Godannar!!, Eureka Seven, Martian Successor Nadesico (includes movie), Machine Robo, GaoGaiGar FINAL, Dancougar, Daimos, Godmars, UFO Robo Grendizer, Code Geass, The Great Battle, GEAR Fighter Dendoh, Brave Reideen, Genesis of Aquarion, Overman King Gainer, Fafner in the Azure: Dead Aggressor, Dangaioh, Zoids: Genesis, Space Runaway Ideon, Iczer, Iczer Reborn, Tekkaman Blade (and sequel), Detonator Orgun, Hades Project Zeorymer, Mirai Robo Daltanious, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
- NOTE: This series is discontinued.
by Sciencegar Sciencebolt
For What Hope Is Left
- Recommended (and archived) by Haken Browning
- Synopsis: A choose-your-own-adventure-type fic perpetrated on 4chan's /m/ (and archived externally) wherein the Shadow Mirror version of Katina Tarask explores the Original Generation universe's twisted counterpart...shortly before absconding to ANOTHER parallel universe of her (well, her and a rogue Duminass's) own creation.
- Comments: Threads are collated into "discs" for archive brevity's sake. Also, a novelization may or may not be in the works depending on how rights negotiations on IRC work out.
- Series Represented:
- Disc 1: Practically every imaginable Shadow Mirror counterpart of the Original Generations-era Banpresto Originals, plus some 75% of the ACTUAL Banpresto Originals, AND a smattering of wacky cameos.
- Disc 2: While getting our favorites from Disc 1 back together, we've currently stumbled across... *takes breath* several of Godzilla's also-rans, Zoids from the old UK comic (with a few new robots, including Grimlock as a Gojulas), Gender-Bent Shura, The Big O, Metal Wolf Chaos (sharing an Eagleland with Getter Robo), Kamen Rider Spirits, several series of Macross, a Grail War being fought by people from a variety of properties Sciencegar couldn't integrate fully...and somewhere in the background is a war in Cyberspace where XANA is turning people into Orphenochs to feed them to gestating Mimetic Beasts - though with our heroine getting her own Digimon, that may get its share of the limelight soon enough...
- Recommended by Chris X
- Synopsis: Most people would accept that after OGG, Lamia is back to her usual self. Really? Maybe you should try to take a look on how she personally felt... She doesn't like it one bit. A dark, cynical take on what happened to her, in her POV, which might rival what Setsuko Ohara has gone through.
- Comments: Those who think that she got hit with a huge Dethroning Moment Of Suck, well this is for you. Starts out nice, but later would drop into a downward spiral of angst, albeit justified. Turns Lamia into a Stepford Smiler Woobie in a well-done way. If the producers are reading this, then I hope you realize what kind of degrading shit Lamia has been through unjustly because of your idea, and so you'll give her a Crowning Moment of Awesome to redeem it in any events of OG3!
- And yes, I, Chris X have been listed as a co-author (coined as Neo Juste Belmont, my other nickname), and this may look like a Shameless Self-Promotion, but Rpgingmaster is responsible of around 95% of the story, so credit goes to him.
- Seconded by Haken Browning, because despite being a bit of a downer fic, it works.
- Series Represented: Super Robot Wars Original Generation
"Super Robot Taisen S
" by Lily Nadesico
- Recommended by Gelgoogle
- "Synopsis": Space Century 141. In a dark, oppressive future, begins the incredible journey of a courageous female pilot and her struggle to set right what once went wrong...
- "Comments": As the synopsis suggests, it's shaping up to be Darker and Edgier than your standard SRW fare, but that's hardly a bad thing. Lily has also found the time to throw in some amusing in-jokes, particularly with Char and Durandal's scheming conversation, so it's not all doom and gloom. Only a few members of the massive cast pieces have appeared, but it has all the makings of great fun.
"Super Robot Wars Original Generation 3A
" by Neo Juste Belmont
Super Robot Wars U(ltima)
- Recommended by Catch The Sun
- Synopsis: After the Inspectors War and the ODE incident, the Earth Federation was placed under the tyrannical control of those such as Kenneth Garret and Graien Grazman but was otherwise once again at peace. However, this tyrannical regime simply sowed the seeds of corruption and rebellion. So, soon after peace returns to Earth, a rebellion breaks out once more. However, strangely, they seem to have armed with Shadow-Mirror-like mechs. What does this mean? Could it be that the Shadow Mirror is not as destroyed as everyone imagines? To combat this new threat, the ATX Team and the Aggressors are mobilised once more. However, the SRX Team is nowhere to be found. They, as well as various other people around the Earth, seem to have simply vanished without a trace. Could this 'vanishing people' incident be related to the mysterious "La Gias" Masaki spoke of? And what about these mysterious "Guests" and the "Shura"? What part will they have on the events to come?
- tl;dr version: A fan writes a version of Super Robot Wars Original Generation 3. And it is awesome.
- Word of God says: Please be wary if there are some differences with the OG Gaiden, because this was written before OGG was released, so there are differences, such as how the Compact 3 and Reversal characters are handled (follows a more faithful adaptation to the original source, along with the Compatible Kaiser (And the lack of MX originals).)
- Trope Page under construction
- Comments: It's a script fic. Not that it's a bad thing. Apparently completed. Or as completed as it'll get considering the last post was 2 years ago and the thread appears to be locked.
- 'Series represented' (as in new series since OG2.5: Super Robot Wars EX, Super Robot Wars Alpha 2, Super Robot Wars Destiny, Super Robot Wars Judgment, Super Robot Wars Compact 3, Super Robot Wars Reversal, Super Robot Wars 4
by Hero of Winds.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
Tales Of Endless Perversion
- Recommended by The Shiny Feraligatr
- Synopsis: It is said that for every choice that is made gives birth to a new universe, each reality taking a path different from those who had not made the choice. In many cases, there is little variance at first, but stay long enough and you will find two very different worlds. And yet there are two constants in each and every one of these uncountable realities. The first is that humans always come into being. Humanity's ability to overcome any challenge and do the impossible is the ultimate goal of evolution. Other races may be more intelligent, more advanced, or even physically more powerful, but the human spirit trumps them all when the chips are down. The other is that matter how hard humans try, they can never stop fighting. Excuses are made and lies are told, all for the sake of gaining power and glory, or simply revenge. Even if they cease warring amongst themselves, they work to gather more resources for their populations, and will wage war on any race they encounter. This is the nature of the many Earths that exist in the boundless multiverse; and this is a tale of but two of those realities, their situations different, but their destinies inexorably linked. They are the Flourishing World and the Ruined World.
- Comments: Wow. This fic is really good. It has well thought out originals (both the heros and villains), an amazing amount of series spread across the two worlds (Including some elements that haven't appeared in a SRW game proper yet), and an amazing amount of series getting fit together (much like how the series meshed in Super Robot Wars W). And it's really long, and nearly done. Speaking of two worlds, as a hook it really works, and is rather fun to watch unfold.
- Drgyen: I have to disagree. There are detraction to this fic. One thing to point out is that SRW is a massive crossover and because of this I talked with the author that they admitted they are too ambitious focusing on every anime storylines fitted into one constant story. For me, it has an interesting build-up but mid-way through it got rather "bland" with some plot-holes, some characters that are treated as being as throw-it-in characters that makes me feel more of an Ass Pull on the author's part, and the story felt more like a script taken directly from the games.
- Series Represented: Mobile Suit Gundam SEED, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Astray, Mazin Kaiser (Includes OVA and movie... And in a surprise visit, Super Boss Borot!), UFO Robo Grendizer, GaoGaiGar (includes FINAL OVA), Code Geass (includes both seasons AND Nightmare of Nunnally, which is a technical debut), Martian Successor Nadesico (Includes Prince of Darkness... sort of.), Neon Genesis Evangelion (includes the series, End of Evangelion, and some elements of Rebuild of Evangelion, making 3.0 a technical debut), Combattler V, Voltes V, Macross7 (no Dynamite 7 though), Super Beast Machine God Dancougar, Gurren Lagann (second season + Lagann-Hen), Getter Robo Armageddon (episodes 4-13, 1-3 being in the backstory), Mobile Fighter G Gundam, Hades Project Zeorymer (OVA), Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ, Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket, Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack (takes place during/just before CC), Shin Mazinger Z, Turn A Gundam, Brave Reideen, Getter Robo (the 70s anime, though very little shows up from that...), and originals. Banpresto Originals also show up in a dream sequence, but that's more a Shout-Out than anything.
, by Team Phantom Tiger
- Recommended by Rpgingmaster
- Pairings: Haken/Kaguya, Haken/Aschen, Aschen/Anne Sirena, Haken/Kaguya/Aschen, Marion/Gespenst
- Synopsis: A surprisingly good lemon fic collection that manages to fuse the world crossing aspect of Endless Frontier with a variety of puns, memes, and fetishes (per Atlus's liberties with the English script, natch), making an over-the-top parody of the over-sexualized nature of the game (and taking it to its ultra-perverted but rather well written conclusion). Eventually canonized as the prequels to LKSH1/W00 above.
- AUTHOR'S NOTE: The segments involving Haken involve Rule 63, per my original inspiration being a genderswapped Haken pic that was found on 4chan's /m/. Also, these are merely the first of an ongoing series of Endless Frontier lemons and cleanfic, though the second wave of lemons has yet to be posted to FFN due to increased sexual intensity. They are, however, available for reading at /m/'s lemon collab blog (EQUALLY NSFW).