It's well known that Gilliam Yeager
, after his stint in the final episode of the "Classic Timeline
" (Super Robot Wars F Final
), goes back to jumping through dimensions and went back to evil. It is possible that at one point, he stumbled into Mid-Childa. Absorbing its knowledge so far, Gilliam, at that time using the name "Helios Olympus" quickly warranted fame and notorietry, which caught the attention of the Time-Space Administration Bureau. Signum was dispatched to take care of Gilliam, but he quickly overpowered her. Signum was captured and experimented by Gilliam, with not much effect rather than simply taking her data before she was rescued by the rest of the TSAB and Gilliam eventually jumped to the Shadow-Mirror Alternate Universe
. Thinking that Signum's data may help their progress, he hands down the data towards Lemon Browning
, who was just finished creating W-06, and eventually used Signum's data to create Aschen, and later Aschen's data, which is from Signum, is used to create Lamia.
All Human Aliens
are actually descendants of one or more of the various ancient civilizations from Earth.
Think about it: if advanced civilizations like the Mikene Empire
or the Mulians
can build Humongous Mecha
, they can probably build spaceships, too. At some time in the distant past, the colonized other worlds, which eventually developed their own culture & some forgot the origins. A few even made minor alterations to themselves such as Horns
or different chemicals in their blood
- The funny thing is, this was actually a major plot point in Super Robot Wars Alpha 3. The Protoculture seems to be the Precursors of pretty much everyone, most especially the Earthlings, Zentreadi, Balmarians, and Buff Clan.
- The First People created the Protoculture, who created the Zantreadi, Buff Clan and modern Earthlings. The First People eventually left Earth (a handful of them stayed, known as people of Mu) and sent the seed of their race to Balmar with the Gan Eden, while the First People themselves colonized on Solo where they created the Ideon and perished.
- However, that's only the Alpha series universe. If you are going by the Super Robot Wars Original Generation universe though then the Fury would definitely count as the progenitors of the human race; who's to say that the moon was the only ship the Fury had as a sleeper ship? Others of their kind may still be across the universe on other planets and created life there to inhabit those worlds eventually.
- Provided the Fury even appear in Original Generation and are stated to be the Earthlings' Precursors...
All are glowing green
, all enable the laws of physics to be over-ridden by Rule of Cool
, all respond to emotions & all but one start with G, which, when you look closely is actually kind of a spiral.
Both were hits as far as I can tell, and it gives Real Robot
and Super Robot
fans a number of things to drool over, such as a Char Aznable
team up, Kamina
Lelouch Jeremiah Gottwald, THE ULTIMATE SYMBOL OF LOYALTY!
in a Lensman Arms Race
, and Gurren Lagann vs Evangelion Unit-01
. The money would flow.
- Typically, a series is given a three-year minimum waiting period before being used in a game, to minimize spoilers. However, in rare cases (namely, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED), if a show is popular enough, they'll use it early. So this is doable.
- That settled, let's try to guess what role they would have in the plot. I personally think that they'll use the post-timeskip designs for everyone who survived the first arc and put them alongside anyone who didn't make it. After all, SRW is 90% Rule of Cool anyway. The plot itself would obviously involve Kamina punching Gendo Ikari repeatedly.
- The three-year rule isn't true anyway; as one example, consider that Mobile Suit Gundam F91, which hit theaters March 16th 1991, was in the original SRW, release date April 20th 1991. Either way, Code Geass and Gurren Lagann are both big enough that if said rule did matter, they'd be prime candidates for breaking it, probably along with Mobile Suit Gundam 00 once it finishes. That said, I predict Code Geass Season 1 in Z2 and Code Geass R2 and Gurren Lagann in Z3.
- I believe that Nunnally vi Britannia should also get the mecha from the SpinOff manga Nightmare of Nunnally. I don't care if SRW only adapts anime, Nunnally must kick butt, darn it!
- Both Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam, and Red and Blue Frame Astrays have appeared in SRW, so it's not impossible....
- Kamina and Gendo? I'm personally betting on either Kamina or Simon epically punching Shinji Ikari in the face. Come on, they're going to have to do it to someone sometime.
- Rossiu should be the one to do it. Then we would have a progression from Kamina -> Simon ->Rossiu -> Shinji.
- Viral would probably be a boss.
- Personally, I hope that if Code Geass gets in, Sora Wo Kakeru Shoujo (though it doesn't have a prayer for quite awhile) will be alongside it at some point. Because any interaction between Lelouch and Leopard can only be awesome or hilarious.
- Confirmed! It took a few years (more than 3 since Gurren Lagann ended), with a few non-flagship games in between, but both are indeed debuting together in the Second Super Robot Wars Z.
Gundam 00 will also appear in the next Super Robot Wars game.
Which means we can look forward to such things as Setsuna's friendship with Heero Yuy
and maybe Sagara Sousuke
. A battle between Amuro Ray
and Ribbons Almark
, the reactions of Char, Zechs Marquise
and Mu La Flaga
towards Mr. Bushido
and a chance to use the Final Dynamic Special on Ali Al-Saachez
- Five bucks says there'll be a way to save the first Lockon Stratos, leading to a tag-team attack between him and the second.
- Or dragging Graham Aker back to shape and FIGHT for our cause (the Masurao is... quite a nifty unit to have). Or snatching Nena Trinity and deliver a "What the Hell, Girl!?" on that crossing of Moral Event Horizon, and then shape her up to be good.
- Don't forget Patrick "The Immortal" Colassour!
- With the Game Master skill imported from Z. He's undefeated in simulator battles, after all.
- For crossover purposes, the 0 Gundam will actually be RX-78-2 Gundam from the Universal Century timeline.
- And following the destruction of Ribbons' Reborns Cannon (and his duel with Setsuna in the 0 Gundam), Amuro gets the blueprints for the machine somehow (most likely Veda, of all places) and modifies his current Nu Gundam into the Hi-Nu Gundam, hence why the Reborns is given the Fan Nickname GN Hi-Nu Gundam.
- Macross Frontier would fit well alongside 00 - Quantum Brainwaves and Fold Waves seem very similar, and one could easily see Ribbons and Grace O'Connor teaming up to "improve" mankind (with each intending to betray the other and lead themselves).
- Also, there's the possibility of Kira Yamato vs. Ali, Aka: ARMAGEDDON!
- Only God knows the result, or the player.
- Confirmed for the Second Super Robot Wars Z! Including Macross Frontier, New Mobile Report Gundam Wing and Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny crossovers. Awesome, huh?
Which is why he seems to be aware of other Super Robot Wars
games he's been in, despite them being in alternate universes. This may
apply to his fellow F Final
end-bosses Paptimus Scirocco
and Shapiro Keats
as well. In Kaworu's case, this might actually extend to canon
as well: see the Evangelion WMG page
- If this is not the case, he and the others might just be in on Gilliam's dimension-hopping technique.
Not much to substantiate this one, unfortunately, but his machines had a Greek theme to their names and attacks, similar to the Inspectors
and possibly the Guests
- The only Inspector unit that was named in Greek was the Diskastes; the rest, including Guest units, don't have a Theme Naming going on.
There will be a Combination Attack
for sure involving either the Goldion Hammer or Crusher
. Think about it, Shin Mazinger turns into a god-powered fist, which in theory could be worked to equip to the GaoGaiGar in place of Goldymarg
. Awesomeness would ensue.
- "Dynamic Magnum"?
- Either that or "Big Bang Magnum".
- That, or if Gurren Lagann and GaoGaiGar appear in the same game we can have a Goldion Hammer/Giga Drill Break combination. You know you want it.
It is possible that someone may have rebuilt the XN-Geist from schematics and data possibly left behind in Gilliam's world. In Hero Senki: Project Olympus, Gilliam did run an organization: he may have had scientists helping him build the XN-Geist and maybe a few of them did not want to see their work go to waste, so they may have stored the prototypes, engines, and data of the XN-Geist in a separate location when the main headquarters was destroyed. Given that it was an evolving machine, it's possible that there may have been other parties interested in it, given that Vindel Mauser used System-XN, it is pretty much obvious that the XN-Geist could be restored
The series has a surprising amount of popularity in the west for a game that has never been legally exported so it really is only a matter of time before the west's star super robots join the forray.
Most likely in the Endless Frontier
series, since there aren't any Humongous Mecha
(yet...). Seven Arcs have shown themselves to be huge
SRW fans with the endless Shout Outs
they keep putting in their works, and Banpresto seems to find this amusing enough to give a shout back at them with stuff like the
" attack for the Virgola Glory. In my experience, the two franchises have large overlap in their fanbases and one of the two companies involved has a long track record of catering to its' fanbase. All Banpresto has to do is make the offer...
- I personally think Iron Man would be the real robot entry. He's already got some popularity in Japan with the live action movies and the anime from Madhouse.
- And how about Exo Squad?
- Or Transformers. Actually, given that there have been Japanese Transformers series, that wouldn't even be necessary.
- Pipe dream: BIONICLE. After all, Tekkaman Blade made it in, and even then there are mecha in the series. Who wouldn't want to see a Mata Nui vs. Chouginga Gurren Lagann battle?
- Because it Needs More Love: Sym-Bionic Titan!
- Including The Iron Giant would probably be missing the point, but don't tell me you wouldn't want to see an Iron Giant/GiantRobo teamup.
- Titan Maximum, just for the lulz.
- It's more possible than you'd think. If the main wiki is correct, they seriously considered including Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers in one of the games.
- Power Rangers appeared on a list of shows/games that would not appear on a SRW game (dubbed SRW U(npossible)), said list included White Kinight, Abaranger, Armored Core, among others. It is kind of rendered moot, tough, since two names in that list (Dai-Guard and Tetsujin 28) are on the roster of the Z games.
- Or the Jaegars
Why? Why not
? Ideally, it'd be in the same game as Gurren Lagann
and include a path involving a Michael Wilson
/Kamina team-up. Unfortunately, that part would inevitably be an Obvious Beta
, since that much awesomeness in one place would cause the programmer's heads to explode.
The next time a Super Robot Wars game features Gurren Lagann, there will be an option for Kamina
As someone pointed out, series debuts are usually more focused on following the plot than other times the series is featured, so we can only hope for next time. Besides, anyone who doesn't want to go to the end of the series with Kamina
in the party is lying.
- Officially debunked: Kamina dies. Maybe after the Multiverse Labyrinth event, but maybe not.
- The next time. As in, after the Second Super Robot Wars Z.
- Banpresto is never going to have Kamina simply avoid his death, because doing so would utterly shaft Simon's Character Development. Case in point, the death of Gai Daigouji in Martian Successor Nadesico; while there is rarely a game that features Nadesico that does not allow [[spoiler:Gai to survive, he usually "dies" and comes back much later in the plot after the relevant Character Development for Akito Tenkawa. Kamina will probably be made available in the Multiverse Labyrinth even, because it's close enough to the end of the series that Simon has already become more of a badass than ever, by Kamina's own admission in their home series; having Kamina back would not screw up the conclusion too much. Hell, knowing his popularity, he might be recruitable in Saisei-hen.
- Jossed again: he doesn't appear in Saisei-hen at all.
many characters will start to laugh because of its design.
Blond hair/yellow-ish hair, check. Bird-based mech with black coloring? Check. Simmilar mecha to the main character, only black? Check. He could be an Expy
of Alan Igor
- Note that his name is Eran/Elan Zenozakis. Eran/Elan sounds awfully similar to Alan.
- Which also counts as a rather weird Hilarious in Hindsight: Masaki Andoh actually shouted "Yatte Yaruze!" in Alpha Gaiden. Now, he gets his own version of Alan.
- The catch is they have different voice actors.
- He could be the person that appeared in one of the still-frames of the "Ley Buster" attack by the Shurouga. The one with the damaged Cybuster.
And he will recite his famous line from another series
, "Zero! Ore no na ha Zero!".
Not because of Level5 co-owning the series but the storyline being confusing as it is (three eras without time skips
? You're KIDDING RIGHT???). Even current SRW series producer Takenobu Terada will go mad on adapting the entire storyline in the game itself.
- Support. Although Terada might able to pull some trick and fit Gundam AGE into an SRW crossover, its abyssal rating means nobody at Namco Bandai will pressure or support him to does it.
Sure, Why Not?
will make an SRW game that only includes Shōjo (Demographic)
anime series, manga and American cartoons aimed for girls; no mecha series in sight.
We can take a break on Humongous Mecha
and put series that have high sugar content in it. It will have the same mechanics but the series included were Shōjo (Demographic)
anime series, manga and American Cartoons aimed for girls.
- No way. Even if they really made that (very unlikely, but not totally impossible), they won't call it SRW.
- That's Jossed regarding Endless Frontier. And it doesn't involve giant mecha so anything can happen.
- That's only because Endless Frontier is a Spin-Off a pre-existing SRW installment, set in an alternate dimension of the same verse.
SRW will eventually feature Optimus Prime
, even if they would never acquire right to use Transformers
Although Terada pointed out that Transformers
is too expensive of a franchise to use, Namco Bandai proved in Super Robot Wars UX
that they aren't afraid of using mecha from toylines, and they seem to get along with Takara Tomy pretty fine lately. Eventually Namco Bandai
would ask Takara Tomy to use the discontinued Diaclone
toyline, and simply prominently feature Battle Convoy
(with lot of Shout-Out
Come on, you know you want to have that
Banpresto may include G-Saviour
in an SRW just to troll a lot of Universal Century Gundam
And also imagine a lot of fans raging about it too.
- Maybe not. Including live-action title, even if it's trolling, will only result in fans harass them back by insist to have Super Sentai series too. The possibility is so great that most fans surely won't mind seeing G-Saviour if it mean they might have Daizyujin in later games.
SD Gundam Force
will be included in a Super Robot Wars game
just to troll more Gundam
fans on bashing the series since 2004
Due to fans bashing SD Gundam Force
, Bandai will troll them by including this series just for revenge.
Either as an expansion of the show's concept ala Super Robot Gakuen
, or Reiji
will be from the game's universe, and using a full-size Build Strike
- They will use this chance to include Plawres Sanshiro as well.