It is the year 86 of the New Galaxy. In a binary star system somewhere in space, there is special area called Zone Subsqui, which converged all the races of the galaxy to form a new civilization. However, alongside the progress, crime flourished, and the Organization of Evil became the scourge of the new order, exhibiting powers above those of the space authorities. It was therefore decided that, to combat the Organization of Evil, a group composed of brilliant scientists and brave warriors would be created, known as Gorilla Force.Originally created by Kokusai Eiga-sha (Movie International Co, Ltd.), this series was licensed by Saban and combined with Go Shogun to create "Macron 1".
This series provides examples of:
- Ambiguously Brown: Captain Chance
- Big Good: Lord Mandyc
- Brain Uploading: Lord Mandyc towards the end of Season 1
- Darkest Hour: The last episodes of Season 1. Lord Mandyc gets killed, their base gets destroyed, Venus ends in a coma, Super commits a Heroic Sacrifice to give the others a chance to escape.
- The Engineer: Babyface
- Evil, Inc.: The Organization of Evil
- Femme Fatale: Venus in season 1, Dolly in season 2
- Fiery Redhead: Jet
- Gadgeteer Genius: Mage
- Gentle Giant: Babyface
- Gladiator Games: One planet has this as theme, with bio-engineered Kaijus as the gladiators.
- Master of Disguise: Mage
- Ms. Fanservice: Venus originally, but Dolly takes the cake.
- Off Model: Every Single Episode
- Stripperiffic: Dolly
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: For Season 2, Dolly for Venus, Sugar for Super.
- Word Salad Lyrics: About 70% of the lyrics for the first opening is made up of "Mission Outer Space", "Gorilla" and "Satisfaction"