Super Robot Wars Original Generation 3A
is a fanfic made by Chris X
(under the name Neo Juste Belmont). This fic was created before the release of Super Robot Wars Original Generation Gaiden
(along with the plot clearance of OG 2.5), therefore there would be differences in plots and continuity.
The story picked off in a different way since OG2.5 preview in Original Generations. Through a strike of luck, Kyosuke Nanbu managed to prevent Lamia Loveless to be fatally shot by Wilhelm von Juergen after plugging her out from the ODE System. Duminuss destroyed Juergen and suddenly went silent for quite awhile, allowing the EFA to escape back to Earth and recover their damages.
Cue the Time Skip
(only for a few months or so)
The tyrannical regime of Graien Grazman has taken toll of the Earth that seeds of rebellion was planted. One particular rebellion, led by Viror Sunder
, seemed to be the most notorious, taking up several Isurugi Industries-supported machines which resembled many Shadow Mirror mechas (it's actually SRW 64 mechas), which caused suspicion and made the current EFA mobilize ATX Team and even the Aggressors to handle them. Unfortunately for them, somewhere around the time, a massive quake occurred and the SRX Team vanished from the surface. In truth, they, along with several other people, were summoned into La Gias to participate in the civil war against the Shutedonia
. In the meantime, [Dr. Sophia Nate launched a mission to excavate the Earth Cradle once more, but tragedy occurred in Project TD, whereas 2 an accident instigated by Ibis Douglas took the life of Filio Presty and caused the project to be dismantled
. Then, in the middle of taking care of the rebellion, the inactive Shura began to move, whereas Kyosuke encountered Folka Albark on the run from his kinsmen
And this is just the beginning.
This is when the author tried making up his own sequel to Super Robot Wars Original Generation
, after the very heart-wrenching Cliff Hanger
of OG2.5. Taking after that and including Super Robot Wars EX
, Super Robot Wars Alpha 2
, Super Robot Wars Reversal
(closer-to-original adaptation), Super Robot Wars Compact 3
(closer-to-original adaptation), Super Robot Wars Destiny
, Super Robot Wars Judgment
, Super Robot Wars 4
, Super Robot Wars 64
, and some Super Robot Wars Alpha 3
and some originals thrown in, and you're in for a roller coaster of an alternative depiction of the upcoming Super Robot Wars Original Generation 3
There is also a supposedly trailer which would lead to the planned sequel of SRW OG 4A, but it went through Development Hell
and ended up dead. (It tries to include more Super Robot Wars Alpha 3
and Super Robot Wars Judgment
, as well as Super Robot Wars MX
and Super Robot Wars W
Some tropes included here:
- Accidental Pervert: Poor poor Touma Kanou.
- Back from the Dead: Ouka Nagisa becomes Duminuss' victim of resurrection instead of Lamia, and even brings Aurgelmir, and is even restored. On the other hand, Ingram Prisken returns with Astranagant. Though he sacrificed himself to seal Perfectio. Archibald Grims also returned.
- Bash Brothers: Oddly enough, Kyosuke and Axel.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Katina, who was forced to ride on her original machine GAB-L.
- Broken Pedestal: It would seem that Joshua once treated Juergen with respect, like a teacher or sorts, but lost respect after the ODE Incident
- Cry Cute: Actually by Lamia, after realizing that she's just taking things too hard, comforted by Axel, of all people.
- Defector from Decadence: Wouldn't be SRW without a few Heel-Face-Turn's, but Super Robot Wars Original Generation 3A pulls this off in a grand fashion. The Heroes finally get fed up with Grazman's regime after they kick one to many dogs, and split off to form their own group: "The Protectors". However, instead of joining a Rebel group, they get the rebels to join them, rally the other resistance groups under their banner, and end up leading the rebellion themselves.
- Freak Out: Some...
- Lamia loses it, after previously being hit with GAB-L's nightmarish claws, after she dealt the finishing blow to Juergen, which caused the nightmares to catch up with her and turned her into a vengeance-obsessed psycho. When she got back to her senses, cue My God, What Have I Done?, and she left the team for awhile.
- And like usual, Calvina Coulange loses it when it's revealed that One of the original Quirky Miniboss Squad is actually Al-Van.
- Get A Hold Of Yourself Man: And... who gave Calvina the slap to get her to calm down? Sanger.
- Jerkass: Lefina's sister Almina. She really takes after her lover... Lee Linjun.
- Killed Off for Real: Maysis Mark dies, although at least Fernando Albark is savable.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Axel Almer returns full on his Ahoseru glory, until he goes back into the normal Axel later.
- Actually, he reverts to his Noble Demon / Jerkass self for a little while before he does some soul searching and finds a comfortable balance between the two. After permanently rejoining the heroes He still acts like a goofy Casanova Wannabe, but he's more mature and can be serious when the situation calls for it.
- The Mole: Aisha Ridgemond, though to be fair, the Shadow Mirror held her father hostage.
- Never Live It Down: In-universe. After the ODE Incident, the higher-ups of the corrupt EFA distrusted Lamia so much that they blamed nearly every of the small mistakes Aggressors committed to be her fault. And in the beginning, everyone seems to pick on her in the term of being captured by the Bartoll.
- Retcon: Since this is created before even Original Generations, Beowulf is depicted as a hybrid of Shura and Einst.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: Sanger could've defeated Lubikka, but he just felt more proper if the one who defeats him is Tytti.
- Tsundere: Manami to Brad
- Worthy Opponent: Sanger Zonvolt and Al-Van Lunks