Tropers: (singing) Because we know everything about awesome fanfics, and you know nothing about awesome fanfics, we'll save the park with our knowledge of awesome fanfics-
(Tropers stop singing.)
Tropers: ...we'll go recommend some fics.
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are the recommendations made by Tropers
for Regular Show Fan Fics
, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want to. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Who's Losing Now?
, by Lying Mongoose
Asleep in a Blizzard
- Recommended by: Candy Cane 14
- Synopsis: "Sometimes, making his friend happy is enough of a prize to warrant losing."
- Comments: It's not long like the other recommended fics, but it's such a cute and funny Mordecai and Rigby friendship fic, while still keeping them in character. It's really Heartwarming(especially on Mordecai's part).
, by Rinny Sega
- Recommended by: Jade Rose
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis Benson's depression is slowly getting worse as summer draws to a close. Will he have a saving grace by the time winter comes around?
- Pairing: Benson/Original Character
- Comments: This is a Darker and Edgier take on Regular Show, yet it manages to stay true to the characters and the overall tone of the show. Everything is handled in a realistic fashion, really showing us the perspectives of the characters in the process; this is truly a feat when it comes to writing for a cartoon with as much quirkiness and Magical Realism as Regular Show. This is truly one of the best fanfics I've ever read not only for Regular Show, but for ANY continuity. I urge people to read this.
- That was seriously disturbing. Good, but disturbing. It continues to haunt me.
- One of the things that makes the story so good is the OC herself, Evelyn. Not only is her design unique, she completely avoids the Mary Sue tropes and is easily believable as a person. She's also extremely likable, making the audience care for her just as much as Benson does. Overall, the story is a work of art that deserves it's own page.
, by Demihuman123
- Status: Complete
- Recommended by: Pineapple Joey
- Synopsis Regular people tend to live regular lives. At least they seem to be regular at first. Or maybe it's just that one person's definition of regular is more bizarre to them than others.
- Pairing: Rigby/Mordecai/Margaret
- Comments This is a long fanfic, but over all a very interesting story. This troper especially likes how the writer was able to make Margarete into a more three dimensional character.
"Watching Snow Fall
", By ESMERALD Anacho 1776
- Status: On-going
- Recommended by: Michu
- Synopsis Or maybe… Mordecai lost his train of thought. Up on stage, with the electric guitar in hand, Benson looked on into the audience. At Mordecai. Into Mordecai's eyes.
- Pairing: Mordecai/Benson
- Comments : Revolving around Benson and Mordecai's slowly growing "relationship", this fanfic is wonderfully paced and with its plot of evil lawyers , ex band mates, love drama and all sorts of craziness, it keeps the whole charm, of not only the Regular show universe but its characters as well. In my humble opinion this is one of the best the Fandom has to offer and I heartily recommend this to not only the Mordeson fans but to everyone in the fandom who desires an excellent Regular Show fanfic.
- Recommended by Candy Cane 14
- Synopsis What happens when you mix an awesome show with random crack pairings? Total non-regularness!
- Pairings: Various, het and slash.
- Comments: This fic has a bunch of interesting crack pairings and most are written well. Each chapter's a different pairing. Some pairings are portrayed more as friendship then romance. Though this troper thought Rigby was a little wimpy in Chapter4,(even for his character)....maybe it should've been about him fearing amusement park mascots since that's canon. But this troper likes how High Five Ghost gets the better piece of the the pie and how Starla is portrayed so sympathetically, it makes the pairings with her written well. This troper now likes most of the Margaret pairings and Eileen crack pairings. Recommended for those that wants to read uncommon RS pairings. WARNING:Chapter 9 may creep you out!