Fanfic Recs: Martian Successor Nadesico
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here. These are recommendations made by Tropers for Martian Successor Nadesico fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here. You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and WebsitesNone yet. Denial by Sean Gaffney
- Recommended by Binaroid and Lavode
- Synopsis: The origin of the team of Ryoko Subaru, Hikaru Amano, and Izumi Maki; what made them who they were, and what made them a team.
- Recommended by Nerdorama
- Pairing(s): Akito/Akatsuki, Yurika/Jun, Akito/Ryoko...sort of. Read the synopsis.
- Synopsis: A piece of fiction written in-character by Hikaru Amano. Is it fanfiction if the character is writing about her reality?
- Comments: Very short, hilarious, seriously meta, and only slightly confusing fiction. Everything else is pretty well summarized in the fic itself.
- Recommended by Binaroid, Nerdorama
- Pairing: Akito/Ryoko
- Synopsis: A Phlebotinum Overload during an emergency boson jump lands Akito and Ryoko in the bodies of their past selves — in an alternate universe where Akito never joined the Nadesico's crew before it launched. The two have to work together to try to discover a way back to their universe, while dealing with the fact that they're emotionally Locked in a Room with each other. Rings continues the story in the mainstream universe after the end of the TV series as Akito deals with the consequences of the previous story. Despair resumes after the timeline reset to canon again just before the start of the events leading to The Movie.
- Nerdorama: why is it that every fanfic that interests me conceptually is, somehow, a Peggy Sue? Addendum: finished reading it, and it's pretty good if you can get over some of the technical writing issues and a few instances of weird pacing and dialog. It even managed to coerce me into finishing a post-Prince of Darkness fic for the first time in my life...mostly by kicking around my two favorite characters for two installments leading up to that.