- The "manual launch" gag, with the pilots having to physically walk/run their Aestivalis units through the inactive launch catapult. To speed things up a bit they use the wheels on the Aestis' feet to sort of skate along, and it looks ridiculous.
- "GYAHHHHH! YOU HARUKA MINATO, EARTH WOMAN, BIG BROTHER, GETTING DIZZY, WHOA! *SPLASH*
- A joke late in the series relies on archaic Japanese wording. It was so obscure that the next few lines were dedicated to explaining it to the audience. The same joke remained during the translation to English but adds an extra layer with the last two lines of the dialogue:
"Who were you talking to?"
- The revelation that all of Akito's Unwanted Harem are Lethal Chef caliber in Martian Successor Nadesico, but especially the climax of the sequence, showing the kitchen under quarantine.
Inez Fresange: What did that idiot eat? Get him to sickbay on the double! And incinerate that pan!
- That episode is funnier when you realize that it was written by the same guy who wrote Slayers. Seriously, give that guy a pen and paper and the first thing he'll do is write culinary humor.
- "Ms. Nanako is a wonderful example of womanhood but...SHE'S A CARTOON YOU IDIOT!"
- During the opening to the second part of the Gekiganger 3 OVA, various children's drawings of Gekiganger characters are shown, with the artists credited with their names and ages- but one of them is 34 years old!