Authors, and WebsitesChronicles of Gozer
- Recommended by Terrace
- A fic that was brainstormed by the owner of the Ectozone (see below) and numerous other excellent GB fic-writers back in 2004 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the first movie with the threatened return of the franchise's first Big Bad 21 years later. Contains Loads and Loads of Characters, primarily teams of younger Ghostbusters who the original four have hired over the years. Also contains an example of Rescued from the Scrappy Heap in regards to Louis Tully. There's also a satisfying Take That to many Mary Sue stories.
- Recommended by Terrace
- Seriously, the owner of this site deliberately tries to combine EVERYTHING into one coherent timeline (Movies, Cartoons, and Comics) and the fact that his stories are well thought out and contain many funny bits is a plus. In addition, the non-canon section contains a hilarious Parody Sue story that, in the words of the author, "the more your fanfic resembles this story, especially by accident, the more likely you need to stop writing."
- Recommended by Mark Lungo
- Synopsis: The Gargoyles meet The Real Ghostbusters when both groups are threatened by the spirit of Hakon, the evil Viking.
- Comments: While several fanfics have crossed over these two particular series, Cochran's story is easily the best of the lot. Everyone's in character, every member of the large cast gets a moment in the limelight, and most of the minor changes Cochran makes to the existing series are actually improvements, particularly making Janine a full-time Ghostbuster. If only all Crossover fics could be this good...
- Recommended by Chel
- Synopsis: Everyone's most hated asshole, Walter Peck, comes down off of his high perch in order to hire the Ghostbusters to protect him from an assassination attempt. Things slowly go downhill for Peck as he tells them about how his secretary visited a website called "Hell Correspondence"...
- Comments: A truly wonderful story all around that I can only explain through greatness of it through a short summary: The story takes place sometime after the game and mentions the TV's habit of letting Slimer hang out around the firehouse. Even more amazing is the fact that the Ghostbusters decide to put aside their hate for Peck to work to protect him and even do well against the Hell Girl's servants, despite their unfamiliarity with Asian spirits. They kick some spectral ass and then the servants PRAISE them for what they are doing, acknowledging that they put aside their intense hatred for Peck and did the right thing and that they are, in fact, heroes in an age where heroes are rare. Claims a very satisfying end for those who HATE Walter Peck.
- Recommended by Generic Troper
- Synopsis: Just after the end of the first movie, Ray blames himself for almost destroying the world (twice), and the others reveal that he wasn't the only one to choose a destroyer.
- Comments: The dialouge is just brilliant, with Shout-Out to Hammer Horror, and the Cockroach That Ate Cincinnati.