Fanfic Recs / Spyro the Dragon
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth fighting Ripto for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for Fan Fics
, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped.
No one would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be. Feel free to leave a review of any recommendations using the reviews section, if you do wish to leave a review please do make it substantive.
This archive deals with fics mostly set in the classic series or have a good combination of all three alternate continuities mixed in them in some way. For fics primarily set in the The Legend of Spyro
continuity, go here.
Authors and Sites
by Tucker's Mayflower
Spyro the Dragon: The Grand Dragon Games
- Recommended by WeirdKev27, TheMisterFree
- Synopsis: The legend of Spyro the Dragon is a long and complicated one, told and untold as the lore passed from game company to game company. Today, the pieces are being put together to create the true telling of the hero of the Dragon Realms.
- Comments: Damn, this fic is good, expanding on the first three original games and adding a heaping helping of character development, humor and action. Currently has an in-progress sequel, Lore, which adapts Enter the Dragonfly (which it is currently in), and eventually A Hero's Tail and the forgotten DS game Shadow Legacy.
Spyro does a thing
- Recommended by readerboy95
- Synopsis: The first annual fighting tournament is at Dragon City where fighters from different realms compete for the champion title, 1,000,000 gems and a seven elemental gems trophy. However, the new villain will stop at nothing to win.
- Recommended by WeirdKev27
- Synopsis: Spyro's faces his greatest challenge yet (and it is expensive)
- Recommended by Toko WH
- Synopsis: It's the same every time. Coming into this void as he waits to enter his new life, slowly changing into something he never wants to be; having the chance for another start when he just wants to keep his old one; receiving all of his memories, only to have them ripped away from him again. Written for Spyro's fourteenth birthday.
- Comments: A rather depressing take on what it must be like for characters going through Continuity Reboots. Though there's no bashing of any of the Spyro continuities, I will say this... You'll never be able to look at the alternate continuities of the franchise, or any Continuity Reboot in general, the same way ever again...