Dungeon Keeper Ami by Pusakuronu
- Recommended by sun tzu, Ack Sed
- Status: Ongoing
- Synopsis: During a fight with Jadeite, Ami (Sailor Mercury) gets accidentally transported to the world of the Dungeon Keeper games, where circumstances force her to become a keeper herself. Cue complication after complication as she tries to return home, reclaim her humanity, and protect this new world from the other keepers, even as the people of the surface world try to hunt her down.
- Comments: Pusakuronu makes fairly impressive use of Magic A Is Magic A, allowing Ami's intelligence to become an important edge... and one she sorely needs. The update rate itself is pretty impressive, with a new chapter coming out every 3-4 days.
- Seconded by Raekuul. It's a very cool read.
- Additional recommendation by kknd2. It does a lot of needed worldbuilding, especially about the overlands. It even works out such things as the difference between the DK 1 gem hearts and DK 2 organic ones and the other differences like casting with gold vs mana, casting only on your own territory vs. casting anywhere you can see. Ami's solutions to issues like cashflow, hiding dungeon hearts, and creature comforts like hot water and electricity are logical for the setting. The moral issues are also examined: Jedite's and the creatures issues with not understanding or misinterpreting Ami's actions because Evil Cannot Comprehend Good are logical and entertaining to read, as are the forces of the Light's inability to comprehend a moral Dungeon Keeper.
- The updates have slowed down a bit and are now once per week but have increased in overall quality - Seonor
- Further recommendation by Murus. Never watched Sailor Moon nor cared to, but started reading anyway and realized it's not necessary... enjoyed it all the way. Seriously, this is excellent and any fan of Dungeon Keeper should go ahead and read!
- Yet another recommendation. Why is this so good? It's an interesting idea of what would happen if you put someone as smart and moral as Ami in the Evil Overlord job. Also, as someone whose only exposure to Sailor Moon is Sailor Moon Abridged it was pretty funny seeing Ami competent at first.